• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Alex Tanguay...

Rate this topic

If huds goes to play in were ever he goes, and Alex T should by all rights taking a pay cut off a not so great year, could we maybe land him, he is my fav of the choices left. I also think Tanguay-Flip-Franzen is a great 2nd line

Getting a true second liner on this team will cost more than the cap space the Wings have.

The only way to get a legit second liner on your team that cheap is to draft them, see Fil. Mule.

Edited by Opie

Getting a true second liner on this team will cost more than the cap space the Wings have.

The only way to get a legit second liner on your team that cheap is to draft them, see Fil. Mule.

Yeah, even with a pay cut, someone would be need to be moved to fit him in.

If Tanguay would be willing to take a "play for the best organization in sports" discount, I'd welcome him. With the right linemates, he has the potential to be at least a 20+ scorer.

Edited by ShanahanMan

overpaid and over rated.

plus we need someone who can put the puck in the net, not a playmaker.

Zetterberg, Franzen, and Datsyuk (playmaker yes, but an above average goal scorer as well). If another all out playmaker comes along, it won't hurt.

...it was only on the 2nd page, but now it's here!

I would love Tanguay on this team, BUT, we only have $2.5M left and even if he took it, there'd only be 11 forwards, just like if Hudler signed for $2.5m. Tanguay is definately worth more, but we don't have the cap room. Now if Holland would be willing to move salary to sign him, cool, but who? REALISTICALLY, who do you move? It would have to be for picks, cannot take on MORE salary. So, Lebda and Meech basically. Don't think we could trade Lilja, wouldn't want to ditch Filppula for Tanguay, so who? But, as the summer goes on, people are going to come cheaper, who knows?