• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
going_top_shelf

Hockey Superstitions

Rate this topic

My main superstition is the order in which my gear goes on. What are yours?

Does anyone know of any of the Wing's superstitions?

i tape my stick heel to toe with tape under 1/4 of an inch thick tape, and i always run onto the ice and right b4 the faceoff i say an our father and pray for our lady of victory, and i have two state title hockey rings worth over 3 grand each...so it works

Guest GordieSid&Ted
My main superstition is the order in which my gear goes on. What are yours?

Does anyone know of any of the Wing's superstitions?

I have some personal ones

very superstitious about the way I tape up my socks. below the knee and mid-shin. it doesn't have to look pretty but if the feel is off even a little i get anxious.

also, i'd take warmups with no helmet on unless some ref yelled at me to put it on and then i wouldn't strap my chinstrap until right before the puck drop if i was out on the 1st shift defensively.

lastly, i pull my sleeves up to the lower part of my elbow pads. i have big, thick, hard-capped pads and really short-cuffed hespeler gloves and i like to mix it up so it just made me feel comfortable to wear everything that way.

as for Wings superstitions, don't know about the players themselves but I will don my wings jersey during playoff games.

although I am finding that my record while not wearing the jersey is much better than when i do wear it. probably because i use it as a rally item and we don't always rally.

very superstitious about the way I tape up my socks. below the knee and mid-shin. it doesn't have to look pretty but if the feel is off even a little i get anxious.

i have that one too

I always have to make sure to get a nap in on game day as well as make sure I eat in the 7-8 hour range before the game...

At the rink I have to have 3 gatorades all the same flavor and drink one before the game, one during each intermission

during warmups my first shot to warm the goalies is a snap shot and then a slapshot and then a in close wrist shot while doing this all from the middle line of 3 lines shooting...then once we hit the corners I have to always go first and go same order again with shots (snap, slap, snap)

and once warmups are over I always have to be one of the last few off the ice and I always finish with a backhand deke up under the crossbar

Once the game begins I always stand right next to the bench divider between either the other teams bench or penalty box depending on the rink

These are just a few I can think of as I am sure there are more that I could have thought of

Taped my stick from the heel side first.

... and made a conscious effort to keep my mouthguard IN my mouth. Hated watching people chomp on them... like watching someone chew their nails.

Thats all when playing.

At home I don't have any, except... I think just this past playoffs I adopted a new one but it kinda sucks...

When Dan Cleary scored to win the Ducks series I was taking a piss in my home with the door open so I could hear the game. My friends started cheering so I knew the Wings had scored so I have since made an effort to pee out some Red Wings goals when absolutely necessary.

I don't know if this is a superstition, but I find when I am overconfident about the Wings winning, they tend to lose. This season proved that :(.

When Dan Cleary scored to win the Ducks series I was taking a piss in my home with the door open so I could hear the game. My friends started cheering so I knew the Wings had scored so I have since made an effort to pee out some Red Wings goals when absolutely necessary.

That part made me lol.

I've been superstitious in the fact that whatever was done the year they won the Cup, or when they just win a game, I do the same thing as before. Last year I really liked this song and changed the words to make it pertain to the Wings, now whenever I hear it on game day they win that game. I have a whole list of playoff songs that seem to win us games.

Last year in track I went to state (which is roughly the same time as the SCF), got a medal, and the Wings won. This year I went to state agian, but didn't medal, and the Wings lost. So now more than before, I'm gonna try to do like in 08, states and a medal and see what happens.

Edited by wingnut40

Guest Shoreline

Every playoff game I missed, the Wings won. But I'm such an ******* I decided to watch anyways.

Edited by Shoreline