• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

New center ice logo?

Rate this topic

They have new ideas for a center ice logo. One of them says "Hey Sammy, shoot here!"

Sorry... I read "logo" in the title and any time I think of logo on LGW I think of Sammy. Though it is kind of hilarious to picture Sammy endlessly trying to shoot at a center ice logo.

I hope so. I love the Hockeytown slogan but the presentation is horrible. Incredibly stupid font that doesn't match any other part of the Red Wings branding.

The next thing they need to change is the purple cartoon octopus.

f*** that.

I was watching Red Wings TV online showing the prospects taking the ice, and there looked to be 2 Red Wings logos at Center Ice instead of the Hockeytown logo. Anyone know anything about this?

(Video: Red Wings draft picks Ferraro and Tatar at 7 seconds)

Any pictures, video of this?

I hope so. I love the Hockeytown slogan but the presentation is horrible. Incredibly stupid font that doesn't match any other part of the Red Wings branding.

What are you smoking? You sound like Mr. Bettman wanting to get rid of the octopus. It's a tradition that is older than most of us. And the Hockeytown logo is another tradition. I happen to like it. Because God forbid, the font doesn't completely match. Oh man.

What are you smoking? You sound like Mr. Bettman wanting to get rid of the octopus. It's a tradition that is older than most of us. And the Hockeytown logo is another tradition. I happen to like it. Because God forbid, the font doesn't completely match. Oh man.

I have no problem with an octopus, but the goofy purple one isn't intimidating or inspiring. It's just stupid looking.

And branding is everything, whoever hired the designers for the Hockeytown logo should be fired on the spot. Logos get refined and updated all of the time, and the Hockeytown needs a complete overhaul.

No way man. The purple cartoon octopus endears us to the Henti crowd.<--Warning, don't just google "henti" if you're at work, it's a disturbing fetish, my reference to which is probably best explained by this innocuous picture:

tentacle_grape_soda.jpg

Treat the "G" like some accidentally treat the "D" in Draper.

It's probably do to the fact that the season doesn't start until October. If they have to take the ice out for concerts and stuff, it makes sense to put only the 2 smaller red wings logos because they are easier to install. The NHL will probably want different slogan(s) and/or logos painted on so they might as well wait to put them all on at the same time. I dunno, that's my 2 cents.

If they were actually changing it, I would think it would be the full center ice logo (just removing Hockeytown), not two. The two logo center ice is kind of out of date, I think the only team that still has that is Montreal?

If they were actually changing it, I would think it would be the full center ice logo (just removing Hockeytown), not two. The two logo center ice is kind of out of date, I think the only team that still has that is Montreal?

you're probably right but for a few years now I've been hoping that they would go back to the non-Hockeytown logo at center ice. I pretty much dislike everything about the Hockeytown marketing thing except for hockeytown cafe, I especially hate that stupid 'hey, hey, hockeytown' song. Red Wings fans are always saying how they like to keep things traditional but no one has a problem with the hockeytown logo at center ice. I think it's a little cheesy and I would just like to see 1 big winged wheel at center ice. besides, pittsburg is hockey town now...remember :rolleyes: