• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Tatar signed to 3-year entry deal

Rate this topic

Great signing!!!! As I said before he was the one that impressed me the most at the Prospect Tournament and the Wings Training Camp. Given time and and some guidence he will develop into a great player and a great Red Wing one day. Nice job by the Wings in signing Tatar.

No Offense to Bertuzzi, Ja Williams, and Eaves, but this is the best signing the team made all summer! This kid is special, and I think is another steal by the organization! How do we keep getting these type of players??? This organization is unbelieveable!!

I like his nickname too: Fish Sticks!!

I've been meaning to ask this, but please, please tell me his name is pronounced "Tater" and not "Ta-tar"!!! In addition to being a great offensive addition to the team, I'd love to root for "The 'Tater!"

It's all happening so fast for him.

The last prospect I remember that had around this much hype around him was Zetterberg.

Maybe a little too fast.

I was thinking this too. No one in this system gets rushed, and for good reason. I hope he spends a year in the OHL with Plymouth and tears it up. His confidence has to be at an all-time high right now, and if something were to go wrong in the AHL it could be detrimental to his future.

Sorry I had to. LOL I saw this video sometime ago and it's all in fun. But you know other teams will be using it. LOL

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Have the Wings ever liked a newly drafted prospect as much as this guy? Wow, he's all they're talking about right now. He's made outstanding impressions ever since being drafted and seems to have an extremely bright future. :thumbup:

I love, LOVE Tatar's attitude, it's no wonder the Wings brass is so high on him.

Guest mindfly

Uhm is it common for detroit red wings to sign 18 year olds to 3year entry level deals? Could this guy play in the NHL at 22?

Edited by mindfly

Sorry I had to. LOL I saw this video sometime ago and it's all in fun. But you know other teams will be using it. LOL

Haha... You keep nasty chips.

Every time he scores a goal... "What Tatars precious?... What's Tatars eh?"

BTW: LOVE the job you did on my sig. TeeMan is the man. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bad person and will be condemned to the 9th circle of hell.

Wow, everyone is really excited about this kid. He definately seems to be the most hyped prospect since I've been following the Wings. Maybe even higher than Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

Definitely Datsyuk. Definitely not Zetterberg. His first game as a Red Wing was on the top line with Sergei and Shanny. From what I remember Z was dubbed as the next Forsberg and then the next Yzerman and now he's just Z.

Great news. With the exception of maybe Larsson, Kindl, and perhaps a couple more, Tatar is the one prospect in our system I am the most excited about. He continually impressed my brother and I during the World Juniors, so needless to say, I was ecstatic when we drafted him.

I think people are just happy to see a prospect who actually looks good coming out of the gate. A lot of the higher prospects Detroit's drafted haven't met expectations, and the guys who have excelled were late-round surprises. Tatar's showing that his play at the World Juniors wasn't a fluke. He only dropped because of his size and people questioning whether or not he was a fluke. It's nice to see a bonafide offensive talent in the system.

I think people are just happy to see a prospect who actually looks good coming out of the gate. A lot of the higher prospects Detroit's drafted haven't met expectations, and the guys who have excelled were late-round surprises. Tatar's showing that his play at the World Juniors wasn't a fluke. He only dropped because of his size and people questioning whether or not he was a fluke. It's nice to see a bonafide offensive talent in the system.

I believe that's part of it. But I also read an article that mentioned Detroit was Tatar's favorite team, and that it's been his dream to play here since he was a kid. He seems EXTREMELY determined, regardless of his smaller stature.

I could not be happier. It's one thing to discover a fantastic prospect, it's another to find one that also feels blessed and proud to be with the organization and is willing to bust his nuts to do whatever he can to help.

FANTASTIC SIGNING! Love the kid.

Edited by Lamothe