• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavel Hossyukstrom

Can't watch Pens BS ceremony

Rate this topic

I think, Carman, you have a new little friend here to play with. So why don't the two of you go talk amongst yourselves?

Yes, Carman - it's true the Pens beat us last year in seven games. Yes, Carman, they were the better team. At that moment. This is a new season. ANYthing can happen to any team. In any game at any time.

So what the hell is your point at this point in time?

If you're here to make friends, it's not working.

If you're here to convince us or try to make us "admit" that the Pens are the best team in the league RIGHT NOW, there's no way in hell we will agree. I think I can speak for all Wings' fans on that one.

Not sure when and where you decided to become this argumentative -especially at this point in the season, but so long, ya know?

My point was to show how over exaggerating things really takes away from a great game of hockey. I never got the whole deal of 'hating' teams. I enjoy good hockey, and the Penguin's play good hockey obviously I don't believe Crosby is Gretzky or even as good as Malkin, but there seems to be no respect at all for the good team they have in Pittsburgh. I enjoy the Red Wings' more then the Penguins' and I understand rivalries, but in order to have a good rivalry there has to be a certain respect for your rival. A lot of the posters here seem blindly ignorant to the fact that the Penguins' are actually good, albeit not as good as the Wing's, but certainly not 'cheaters','whiners' etc. Calling a team names for practically no reason other then they beat you just doesn't make sense to me personally. Obviously that's what fans are and I know that so instead of ignoring them I enjoy conversing with them.

Not really here to make friends, although I thoroughly enjoy talking hockey with Red Wing's fans. I will admit to trying to convince that the Penguins' are better then some posters here want to admit. I'm sorry for going a little over board in this thread just kinda bored tonight after a disappointing season opener :ranting: haha.

Hey guys I hate the Penguins. Lets talk about how much we all hate him on this thread and act like we are better than them!

Grow a pair, you guys. It's the Pittsburgh Penguins. They are not Detroit's rivals. They are a hockey team in the Eastern Conference. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just get over them already.

Hey guys I hate the Penguins. Lets talk about how much we all hate him on this thread and act like we are better than them!

Grow a pair, you guys. It's the Pittsburgh Penguins. They are not Detroit's rivals. They are a hockey team in the Eastern Conference. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just get over them already.

That's kinda what I was getting at in this thread.

Although I do think there is some sort of 'rivalry' there. When you face a team in back to back Stanley Cup finals, have players on different teams saying they dislike the other team, it's at least a start of something.

Edited by Carman

Uh..... isn't it a little early for this? Why don't you guys come back on Jan 31st? We aren't playing each oher until then and by then the Steelers season will be over and you can devote all your attention to the OTHER sport in your town. Because we all know a Penguins fan is only a fan once the Steelers arent on. It's fact, don't try to deny it.

Enjoy your Cup, just don't fall to hard off the Wagon when they don't repeat...

or more like fans that cannot afford a ticket to a steelers game

A team who we've faced for the Stanley Cup two years in a row isn't a rival? hmm. Normally i would agree because their not in our conference but i'd say their a rival. Doesn't take much to see that when you watch our games against them.

Guest mindfly

Atleast they managed to win their flag raising game which detroit didn't do..

Pens 1 Wings 0

I think it's a rivialy in spirit also,it will always be looming out there this season. If our penquins are fortunate enough to make it the finals again this year. I think it would be a nice gesture to give all the wings players free tickets to the finals so they can watch in person and end the rivalry on a high note.