• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tdinc

First Game Impressions

Rate this topic

We'll it was a pretty regrettable mistake that cost him a s*** load of money. At least he is now on the best NHL franchise for the past 20 years.

He is a ******. He will dumb down your team, and help put an end to that streak.

Listen, I'm also a Cardinals fan, but I wouldn't want Barry Bonds, even for just 1.5 M a season. He is a cancer....

You will find out. Ask any 'Nucks fan.

He is a ******. He will dumb down your team, and help put an end to that streak.

Listen, I'm also a Cardinals fan, but I wouldn't want Barry Bonds, even for just 1.5 M a season. He is a cancer....

bertuzzi.jpg

Get on with life. His stupid mistake influenced the end of his time in Vancouver. Had he not have sucker punched Moore, he would probably still be a Canuck. I dont think he is a cancerous player. He did not tear Anaheim or Calgary apart to my knowledge. He was a Wing before (allbeit he was injured for most of the time) and did not cause any disruptions. You also cannot compare Bonds to Bert. Bonds thinks he is a God whereas Bertuzzi does not. Guys like Bertuzzi and Cleary are guys who have had the potential for greatness but for whatever reason they have failed to live up to that potential. Detroit is a place where they can become somewhat successful as an individual but the main goal in Detroit is obviously TEAM success. Bertuzzi is not going to be a cancer to the Red Wings.

1. Brett Lebda was scary bad. He is like Chelios was last year, frightening to see come off the bench.

2. Lack of physical play. Last year the wings lost n game 7 because they were injured and beaten up. We picked up Big Bert, have a d-man that's 6'5 and two of the hardest hitting players in the league. Ericcson is scared to through his body weight around, Bert played well but i want to see that nasty streak he's known for. I know you can't sustain playoff level play for 82 games. But hit somebody, it is allowed and encouraged.

3. Osgood is gonna be Osbad again. Its time Kenny threw some money at a good goaltender. Giving up almost 3+ goals a game puts a tremendous amount of pressure on our scorers.

I know this was the first game, and they were playing in Sweden. But they neither seemed poised or prepared to makea run for a tenth div. championship.

This is the only important part of your post.

Not to say those aren't legit concerns, but it's impossible to make predictions about the season based on the first 60 minutes of hockey, and in Sweden at that.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I signed up in 2002. I'm not a troll.

Just not a Suzi fan at all.

You can have him. You will regret it though.

I didn't talk about you being a new troll.

You are trying to piss people off with those comments.

Go away. Shoo.

I didn't talk about you being a new troll.

You are trying to piss people off with those comments.

Go away. Shoo.

Listen, N00b,

Deal with me, or have me banned.

I have done nothing wrong.

We have Red Wing fans on our board, and we don't make them shoo. Maybe you should grow a sack.

Bad passes and turnovers - these issues plagued the Wings last year at times. Doesn't anyone remember the games where we were winning and then all of a sudden the other team would score 2-3 goals within a few seconds or minutes?

Listen, N00b,

We have Red Wing fans on our board, and we don't make them shoo. Maybe you should grow a sack.

c'mon man. look back at your posts. You're clearing trying to incite something.

We have plenty of fans here from other teams that have been around for years.

Let's talk hockey.

c'mon man. look back at your posts. You're clearing trying to incite something.

We have plenty of fans here from other teams that have been around for years.

Let's talk hockey.

Y'all have some thin skin, then.

If you've been posting here since 2002, you'd know that the mods here are pretty relaxed, as are many of the regular members (admittedly a few do get their hackles up at the first sight of a fan of another team).

At the risk of sounding like a broken record.

Lets

Talk

Hockey

Listen, N00b,

Just because you have been around for longer than Doc does not mean you have a right to start using the "noob" card. In fact, you are not even a "regular" poster on this forum.

Harold is spot on, you are fishing and waiting for someone to bite...

Guest gofish
This is the only important part of your post.

Not to say those aren't legit concerns, but it's impossible to make predictions about the season based on the first 60 minutes of hockey, and in Sweden at that.

none of my post was a prediction, it was a statement based on observations from watching the game.

if i were to say the wings are going to lose in the second round to anaheim, then that would be a prediction. k thx.

Listen, N00b,

LOL. Typical Blues fan. Pretty big mouth for being a fan of a team that has never accomplished a goddamned thing in its 40+ year history.

Zetterberg & Cleary-- are really showing that they missed a ton of camp and preseason time. Neither is playing like themselves. They'll get there with more games and practice time.

Z's Line-- not clicking right now. They aren't anticipating where each other will be and generally lack that fit and finish you expect out of a second line. Again, this will come with time.

Bertuzzi-- impressed me last night (turn-overs aside). He showed his hands and his size out there. Looked like he had some jump and wanted to make some plays. Once he gets his timing back after missing all that time in camp and the preseason he'll be better. Looks great for 1.5 million. We'll see how this goes over an 82 game season and (hopefully) 22+ game post-season.

Datsyuk-- still isn't clicking with his line as well as he will be later on. Looked like Dats out there, no complaints. Should've shot a couple of times when he passed the puck off to Franzen.

Holmstrom-- Looks better but still not like his 07-08 self.

Franzen-- Looks great. He'll look better once the whole line starts gelling better. Holmer looked most out of place on that line but I think it's because he's getting used to the line. Franzen needs to shoot more, though. (if that's possible, I'd like to see 6+ shots a game out of him). Still likes acting tough in scrums but won't drop the mitts. :P

Leino-- Looked awesome. He's definitely a great replacement for Hudler. I love his willingness to go to the dirty parts of the ice and fight two guys for the puck on the boards.

Filppula-- Looks more confident than he did at the start of last season. His ability to hold onto the puck was evident last night. Needs to gel with his linemates a bit better, but that will come with time. Looked out of place on the PP (although he was only there briefly).

Williams-- didn't show up much out there. Still has a cannon of a shot. Looks like he isn't as hesitant to battle for pucks or go to the boards as he was when the Wings dumped him. Hopefully he's back to his pre-concussion form.

Draper-- didn't blow my mind but he looked ok on Ericsson's goal :P. Our PK wasn't bad, though, although he was out there for the only PP goal against.

Maltby-- clearly doesn't want to sit so he played a great game.

Abdelkader-- Hit like they wanted him to. Looked like a rookie on St. Louis's first goal... he should not have given up on that puck after losing the battle along the wall. Still, he didn't look out of place out there.

Lidstrom-- Slowwww start. He'll bounce back like he always does after a slow start to the season.

Rafalski-- Meh. I don't remember any glaring turn-overs like the ones he had in preseason. He'll get stronger as the season goes on.

Kronwall-- Looks like he's going to be even better this season. Hopefully his defense won't be as terrible as last season.

Stuart-- Looked ok to me. Nothing really jumped out at me.

Ericsson-- Looked great for the few minutes he got to play before his injury. That goal showed excellent instincts when it comes to jumping into the play. Needs a less horrible partner than Lebda.

Lebda-- Looked brutal out there. Maybe it was the huge forwards pushing him around. Maybe it's because he's the weakest link on d.

Ozzy-- Had no chance on the PP goal. Let a couple of softies in, but his defense wasn't helping him a whole lot either.

and Osgood was not in his game.

or was he.......

i read that turco is a free agent after this season...i know he doesnt win in JLA, but maybe he would if he plays other teams than the wings...

LOL. Typical Blues fan. Pretty big mouth for being a fan of a team that has never accomplished a goddamned thing in its 40+ year history.

Seriously?

What did Grateful Gadsby accomplish for the Wings?

Jesus.

Seriously?

What did Grateful Gadsby accomplish for the Wings?

Jesus.

He's just a Hall of Famer, who also happens to be an accomplished team ambassador who still (in his early 80s) raises tons of money for various children's charities in metro Detroit. All of which you would know if you actually had a clue, instead of just showing up here to vainly flash your troll credentials. Grab a few facts next time.

He's just a Hall of Famer, who also happens to be an accomplished team ambassador who still (in his early 80s) raises tons of money for various children's charities in metro Detroit. All of which you would know if you actually had a clue, instead of just showing up here to vainly flash your troll credentials. Grab a few facts next time.

I meant you as a poster, Einstein.

I meant you as a poster, Einstein.

Feels good man :cool:

You can have your two wins. That and any other wins your Blues get against us this year will never be as good as that.

A lof of the Wings players didn't even look close to their 100%, but when they are I'd like to see you come post here again ;)