• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

Ken Dryden on fighting in the NHL

Rate this topic

You can't deny that if a goon sees one of his linemates get the living daylights beat out of him, he will be less likely to go out there and cause trouble.

let me get this straight. Let's take the Rangers and Maple Leafs as an example. You're saying that if Donald Brashear watches Colton Orr kick the crap out of his linemate he would be less likely to cause trouble?

This is retarded. If I knew for certain that I would never see another fight in hockey I am pretty sure I'd stop watching. I like listening to Mickey Redmond and I'm pretty sure he'd either quit his job or have a heart attack and die if fighting was banned. It's part of the game, people who disagree need to pull out their "front wedgies". ;)

I don't see how somehow people would stop watching if fighting was gone.

It's entertaining, but it isn't the bread and butter of the sport. The sport would still survive if fighting was not part of the action.

Not that I approve of the notion that fighting should be banned.

Floyd Mayweather.

Didn't Babs also say "our powerplay is our enforcer", or was that Holland?

i think that was last season (PP enforcer) and the comment you quoted is this year (babcock saying our guys dont get run with a guy like may on the ice)

Just now one question popped out of my head....

During fight...

two players are busy

fans roam and yell

watching players clap their sticks

but what coaches, minds of the game are doing?

Do they follow fight intensely or do they try to use "gamebreak" for forging new plan ( what to do next) ?

Edited by hokike

Guest micah
I don't see how somehow people would stop watching if fighting was gone.

I would quit. Hockey without fights can be great, but hockey without the possibility of a fight is no better than any other sport. Fighting is part of the game. Ban it and you lose this fan.

To each their own. At the end of the day, and the numbers back this up - both the players and the fans like fighting in the game. Now, of course, their is a fine line and goonery is not something people want - but with that said, I do not think their has been a true "good squad" in the league for some years now.