• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
plopster

Bertuzzi, Lilja

Rate this topic

So, yes this is my first post after visiting letsgowings for some time. Im a HUGE wings fan and can't believe I have to say this about one the players, but DAMN Ken please trade Bertuzzi at some point this season. That guy has no emotion, has terrible handling skills and cant hit the broad side of a barn. I have seen so many of his passes off target for turnovers that turn into scoring chances and shots that completely miss or ring off the post of the goal. He constantly fumbles passes to him that end up being poor entrances into the zone or turnovers altogether. Come on, please get rid of this guy for the love of hockey. He is horrible and should by all rights be in jail for his thuggery on Moore. I sure hope others are with me on this.

On a positive note, Lilja is being reported as not having a headache since visiting a chiropractor and is practicing with the team. This could be great for the D as the wings will sure need depth there with the style of game being played now. And Ericsson can always use a couple games off here and there, since he pops back in the lineup and is the cause of a goal being scored.

It's not completely Ericsson's fault that his defense partner left him out to dry. Also, Babs went back to his original D lines which weren't working before Ericsson sat out two games. Things were better when it was Stuart/Lebda because at least Stuart kept Lebda from making too many stupid mistakes.

Guest Four
I'm not even a big Bert fan and even I can see that he's been hustling his ass off out there.
This is a test.

Agreed.

There are about 8 other players on our team that I would urge Kenny to get rid of before Bert right now. He is the least of our worries and has been playing hard and getting chances. Lest we not forgot, Bert was a top 3 player 5 years ago....No denying a lot of time has passed and a lot of "stuff" has happened to Todd...but I've seen a few posts question his offensive ability. Those who do this are flat out wrong. He's always has the hands, size, and hockey sense...these never leave a player. They may get slower, loose their desire, become more and more injury prone, etc....but just like riding a bike some of this stuff you never loose. BTW...he's just as fast as Homer who is our leading scorer. Again, he's the least of our concerns.

Can we change this thread title to read Brett Lebda....now we're talking.

Bertuzzi has easily been one of the hardest working forwards on the ice night in and night out. He's also been suprisingly responsible defensively. Blocking shooting lanes, passing lanes, and even a little back checking. Have you been watching reruns of the 2007 playoffs or something?

he has had some brutal, brutal giveaways though and can't hit the net

So, yes this is my first post after visiting letsgowings for some time. Im a HUGE wings fan and can't believe I have to say this about one the players, but DAMN Ken please trade Bertuzzi at some point this season. That guy has no emotion, has terrible handling skills and cant hit the broad side of a barn. I have seen so many of his passes off target for turnovers that turn into scoring chances and shots that completely miss or ring off the post of the goal. He constantly fumbles passes to him that end up being poor entrances into the zone or turnovers altogether. Come on, please get rid of this guy for the love of hockey. He is horrible and should by all rights be in jail for his thuggery on Moore. I sure hope others are with me on this.

On a positive note, Lilja is being reported as not having a headache since visiting a chiropractor and is practicing with the team. This could be great for the D as the wings will sure need depth there with the style of game being played now. And Ericsson can always use a couple games off here and there, since he pops back in the lineup and is the cause of a goal being scored.

Im with you bro,but there are too many Bertuzzi fans on here,the guys a bum his career should of ended when he punched Moore from behind like a coward.

Im with you bro,but there are too many Bertuzzi fans on here,the guys a bum his career should of ended when he punched Moore from behind like a coward.

Moore turned his back away like a coward. He hit the other team's captain, he's going to have to expect to have to answer the big man behind him. He deserved to be hit.

*(Obviously didn't deserved to be paralyzed, but s*** happens.)

Moore turned his back away like a coward. He hit the other team's captain, he's going to have to expect to have to answer the big man behind him. He deserved to be hit
the moore hit on naslund was legal(no penalty)moore fought cooke and beat him it should of been over,but no bertuzzi wouldnt let it lie,he just had to hit moore from behind breaking his neck like a coward.Its still in the courts,i hope Moore gets millions for this

Bertuzzi is haunted by the same ghosts that chased Shanny out of town. Still an effective player, but not the one he once was. As a top 6 guy he's alright, but don't expect him to carry this team on his shoulders 'cause it's never gonna happen!