• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Fantastic News about the Wings!

Rate this topic

howard has been great and i think he could be the rookie of the year candidate with tavares

He only will if he gets better stats and we get a higher rank. If we come in 1-3 overall, he'll have a shot... MAYBE.

He'll still probably be screwed because 'we have the best defense in the league'. Ironic that our goalies are only ever good because of our D, but Brodeur was always good because of himself.

Guest Lidstromboli

i always see people dismissing brodeur's accomplishments because of NJ's defense

Doesn't help the critics when Brodeur has a few of those shiny Vezinas on his mantle.

:hehe:

What major award has Broduer not won, just the MVP right? Did he get a Conn Smythe?

I was right, still can't believe Lemieux got that Smythe!

Not that his play didn't deserve it, it is just what he became to me in the years that came to follow make it hard to see him as a Conn Smythe type guy!

Edited by Opie

Right now Howard is the man. In my opinion, I'd much rather he didn't win the Calder anyways. That's a lot of pressure for a goaltender to come back to next year. Plus, with the inconsistency issues Howard has faced throughout his pro career that could be troubling. I'd much rather he continue to develop, cotninue to work hard and become the goalie we all hoped he would when he was drafted some five years ago. Just like most players on Detroit teams (until recently with Datsyuk's recognition) I'd rather Howard be a stud and be underrated in this league.

Stats updates for the Wings after tonight's game:

GA/G: 2.64 (Rank: 10th)

G/G: 2.68 (Rank: 19th)

5-5 F/A: 0.86 (Rank: 24th) <-- Brutal

SA/G: 27.7 (Rank: 6th)

S/G: 34.2 (Rank:1st)

PK: 80.0% (Rank:18th)

PP: 20.6% (Rank: tied for 10th)

FO: 52.0% (Rank: tied for 5th)

Edit: So they climbed up one spot on the PK charts. Also, this made the 9th game in a row without surrendering a PK goal.

Edited by Drake_Marcus