• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

May vs Boll, Janik vs Picard

Rate this topic

Those are the kind of fights I like.

Boll takes runs at star players so May says "umm what do you think you are doing?"

Janik gets rocked by another guy, doesn't like it, so he has a go himself.

Good stuff.

Yeah, it's far better for the guy who gets laid out by the clean hit to look for retribution than for his teammates. I'm glad Janik is getting some playing time.

That May fight though, it looked pretty close, then May got in a beauty of a right hook at the :43 mark. Lovely.

Janik and Ericsson for 3rd pairing.

Janik is garbage, so he fought to stand up for an idiotic play where he had his head down? We need to get a defensive dman at the deadline, if the wild are still in deep i'd say go for zannon, he would be an ideal replacement for lilja, janik is not.

Guest Shoreline

Unsurprisingly, both fights not only follow a clean hit but interrupt the game during play. Nice fights but how they started is pretty stupid.

May/Boll was pretty even, with Boll losing his balance a couple of times but ultimately getting a few quality shots in. Janik's fight was garbage and apparently for no other reason than to salvage pride after getting rocked by a clean hit.

Under LGW logic, the Wings must have played well because the dingleberries of our forward and defense rosters asserted themselves in fights. Wait, 1-0 OT loss to Columbus? Nevermind.

Guest micah
Unsurprisingly, both fights not only follow a clean hit but interrupt the game during play. Nice fights but how they started is pretty stupid.

Stupid interruptions. The fans sure sounded pissed that the game got interrupted.

Guest Shoreline
Stupid interruptions. The fans sure sounded pissed that the game got interrupted.

They usually sound pretty pissed when injured players (who stop the game getting injured) get up too after a prolonged period on the ice. We need more injuries. :thumbup:

Edited by Shoreline

Guest micah
May/Boll was pretty even, with Boll losing his balance a couple of times but ultimately getting a few quality shots in. Janik's fight was garbage and apparently for no other reason than to salvage pride after getting rocked by a clean hit.

Under LGW logic, the Wings must have played well because the dingleberries of our forward and defense rosters asserted themselves in fights. Wait, 1-0 OT loss to Columbus? Nevermind.

Ummm....huh? This is a thread about those two fights, not the game. Nobody in their right mind would say that the Wings played well in tat game - they didn't. HOward and May did their jobs well, but the wings as a whole did not.

Guest Shoreline

That's pretty much all the positive there was to that game, but also keep in mind there's a select few posters who only fap to fights and enjoy little else about hockey. Easy to know who those are. :)

Take two: less sarcasm since I'm replying to someone I like.

I can't comment on the Janik fight as I didn't see the part right before it, but the May fight was coming for some time. After Boll's roughing up of Dats, May was prevented from taking him on at that time by the linesmen.

IIRC, both Boll and Dats got 2 minutes each. Had May gotten in there they may have also given him 2 for roughing, putting us on the bad end of a 4-3.

Afterwards, May invited Boll to go, but Boll declined. I honestly don't remember if that was during the play or not.

Once Boll rocked Raffy, it became clear that he was headhunting Red Wings. Once this became clear, it behooved May to do his duty and let Boll know that this would not be tolerated. After the fight, Boll did behave himself.

May had to act in a timely manner due to Boll being a potential threat to the health and safety of the Wings. That is May's job.

Given that Boll had refused to go earlier, May had to get him when he could, whether it was during the play or not.

As the old saying goes: When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Guest micah
They usually sound pretty pissed when injured players (who stop the game getting injured) get up too after a prolonged period on the ice. We need more injuries. :thumbup:

Really? That's the argument you're going to make? You're drawing a parallel between fans applauding for a fight (which they do because they welcome, appreciate and enjoy the fight) and applauding after an injured player gets up (which is done NOT because fans enjoy seeing injurries, but because they empathise with their fellow man). Come on dude, even you can do better than that, can't you?

Edited by micah

You didn't watch the game I'm guessing? Boll just got done roughing it up with Datsyuk infront of the benches, I guess we shoulda let Dastyuk fighty Boll instead. May already wanted to fight off the draw because of that but then when he charged across teh ice at rafalski barely missing his head May does something.

Don't post stupid s*** if you don't know what happened

EDIT: And the Janik fight sue looked to me like Picard came to Janik looking for a fight after th big hit. Janik didn't go looking for fight but he actually has a pair and didn't say no. It must suck seeing your beloved Euro soft wings stickng up for themselves eh.

Edited by newfy

Guest E_S_A_D

:rolleyes:

Guest E_S_A_D

http://www.usfsa.org/

Anyways, these were to purpose fights, not staged- great showing. Next time watch the game, THEN comment.

Guest Shoreline
Take two: less sarcasm since I'm replying to someone I like.

I can't comment on the Janik fight as I didn't see the part right before it, but the May fight was coming for some time. After Boll's roughing up of Dats, May was prevented from taking him on at that time by the linesmen.

IIRC, both Boll and Dats got 2 minutes each. Had May gotten in there they may have also given him 2 for roughing, putting us on the bad end of a 4-3.

Afterwards, May invited Boll to go, but Boll declined. I honestly don't remember if that was during the play or not.

Once Boll rocked Raffy, it became clear that he was headhunting Red Wings. Once this became clear, it behooved May to do his duty and let Boll know that this would not be tolerated. After the fight, Boll did behave himself.

May had to act in a timely manner due to Boll being a potential threat to the health and safety of the Wings. That is May's job.

Given that Boll had refused to go earlier, May had to get him when he could, whether it was during the play or not.

As the old saying goes: When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

If it were really about the safety of the Wings, where was the fight on Hejda or Nash for their dirty hits? If anything, it was frustration. It still stopped gameplay, which is all too common now where a clean and usually decent hit follows up with a fight, regardless of who is hit. May's hit still prevented nothing, except in Boll's case him sitting out for 5 mins prevented him from running any more guys -- that's pretty much the extent of it. The "message" is obviously non-existent.

If it were really about the safety of the Wings, where was the fight on Hejda or Nash for their dirty hits? If anything, it was frustration. It still stopped gameplay, which is all too common now where a clean and usually decent hit follows up with a fight, regardless of who is hit. May's hit still prevented nothing, except in Boll's case him sitting out for 5 mins prevented him from running any more guys -- that's pretty much the extent of it. The "message" is obviously non-existent.

How many cheapshots did Boll deliver after the fight?

He roughed up Datsyuk and had a couple shifts where he wasn't even trying to play the puck at all and was running around head hunting. Guess what.. The days of a power play enforcer are over so get used to it.

And if Boll would have went off the face off Rafalski wouldn't have gotten ran from halfway across the ice. So yeah last night's fight was a perfect example of enforcer prevention.

Guest Shoreline
How many cheapshots did Boll deliver after the fight?

He roughed up Datsyuk and had a couple shifts where he wasn't even trying to play the puck at all and was running around head hunting. Guess what.. The days of a power play enforcer are over so get used to it.

And if Boll would have went off the face off Rafalski wouldn't have gotten ran from halfway across the ice. So yeah last night's fight was a perfect example of enforcer prevention.

That fight really stopped Nash and Hejda later on..

Oh, we're talking about Boll.. the guy who plays way less than 10 mins per game, and does this every single game, right?