• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/27 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Wild 5

Rate this topic

Cut the crap about injuries, most of them are back and they still play exactly like crap.

Did I say it was just about injuries? No...I said that, *combined* with the fact that this teams' veterans are starting show their age. That's a pretty significant reason along with injuries that you're failing to touch upon or accept that its a cause for this seasons mediocre play.

Did I say it was just about injuries? No...I said that, *combined* with the fact that this teams' veterans are starting show their age. That's a pretty significant reason along with injuries that you're failing to touch upon or accept that its a cause for this seasons mediocre play.

Not to mention making it either to or past the West Finals the last three years straight.

Don't you realize that there is a different between blaming someone for a loss and saying someone played bad? There IS a difference.

Of course there is. And too many posters are blaming Ozzie for this loss.

It's a combination of alot of things. The biggest issue in my opinion is something called "team chemistry". The Wings finally got in a "groove" where as Bertuzzi said, "everybody knows their role" and for a while they were playing a grinding game with very good team defense.

Then guys started coming back and they started to try and play more puck-possesion. So far the adjustment hasn't been smooth.

I expect that they will get it together after the Olympic Break and go on a tear.

All that said, I think that Ozzie is done. Based on how he played in the 2 games that he played this month, I don't think Babs can afford to give him another chance.

We have been lucky not to lose any ground the last 2 weeks but our luck could run out quickly.

Edited by chrisdetroit

Show of hands please. Who is still optimistic about this season?

:(

What I'm going to try to do personally is stay as neutral inside as I can. I love this team so much. Yes, it'll break my heart if they don't make it, either into the playoffs or beyond but there is no way to predict with any accuracy whatsoever what's going to happen. So I'm thinking whether my expectations are positive or negative, it will not help me OR them. If they do well, more power to 'em and I will bow down to the hockey gods. If they don't, I will be so very sad but I'll still be so very grateful for all the thrills and chills they gave me in the past.

This is reality, friends. We just don't know. We cannot predict. We (I!) cannot change or control any part of what's going on with the Wings. But whatever happens they will always and forever be my team.

not a huge fan of the injury arguement, I mean I have myself said it. But in reality you have to win despite being injuried also at this point most of the team is back. I still think we make the playoffs, but at the moment we are a 7-9 at best team. We show glimpses of being capable of keeping up with anyone but it quickly disappears. Something does have to be done at this point, I'm glad they sat Lebda not just because I think he is horrible but because it is a shake up. Now I hope they do something a little more serious maybe sit a star, or possibly make a trade. Or even slap every single player in the face idk do something.

Our #1 goal scorer this year (before he was injured), Holmstron is not back.

Our #1 Game winning goal scorer form last year Franzen is not back.

Our #1 Shot blocker from last year, Lilja is not back

Our #3 D-Man and #1 goal scoring D-man (before he was injured) Kronwall has only been back 2 games

Win despite being injured? Yea ok, injuries shouldn't matter. That's a little unrealistic don't you think.

:(

What I'm going to try to do personally is stay as neutral inside as I can. I love this team so much. Yes, it'll break my heart if they don't make it, either into the playoffs or beyond but there is no way to predict with any accuracy whatsoever what's going to happen. So I'm thinking whether my expectations are positive or negative, it will not help me OR them. If they do well, more power to 'em and I will bow down to the hockey gods. If they don't, I will be so very sad but I'll still be so very grateful for all the thrills and chills they gave me in the past.

This is reality, friends. We just don't know. We cannot predict. We (I!) cannot change or control any part of what's going on with the Wings. But whatever happens they will always and forever be my team.

I am. And please remind me at the end of the season that I said I was on January 28th.

Can you image adding these guys to the team in the next few weeks:

Franzen

Lilja

Holmstrom

Williams

f*** yea, I'm optimistic.

Hey how about your mom.

Again, another funny and timely response.

Yo, Doc. And yo, GMR. For what it's worth, I always read whatever both of you input on this board. Whether it's your neat, timely, and very droll senses of humor, or your zinging of somebody that I thought should get it too, I'm grateful and very appreciative of both your presences on this board. I don't always agree with either of you, but you sure as hell contribute to the sanity and perspective here. ...OK, most of the time. :rolleyes:

What I'm trying to say is that I hope you come to some amicable personal settlement between the two of yerselves. You're both very much needed here. :thumbup:

Not to mention making it either to or past the West Finals the last three years straight.

This is something many people are overlooking this season. Like you've pointed out, the Wings have basically played another full season of hockey, amounting to 4 seasons worth of play over the last 3 years.

Our #1 goal scorer this year (before he was injured), Holmstron is not back.

Our #1 Game winning goal scorer form last year Franzen is not back.

Our #1 Shot blocker from last year, Lilja is not back

Our #3 D-Man and #1 goal scoring D-man (before he was injured) Kronwall has only been back 2 games

Win despite being injured? Yea ok, injuries shouldn't matter. That's a little unrealistic don't you think.

I actually forgot about homer, I guess because he seems like he isn't even out there until of course he scores a goal. But very valid point he is a big contributor. The Mule is great but I also said MOST of our players. Lastly I don't even count Lilja because he's been out since last regular season. You are right though

Edited by ben_usmc

Again, another funny and timely response.

Yo, Doc. And yo, GMR. For what it's worth, I always read whatever both of you input on this board. Whether it's your neat, timely, and very droll senses of humor, or your zinging of somebody that I thought should get it too, I'm grateful and very appreciative of both your presences on this board. I don't always agree with either of you, but you sure as hell contribute to the sanity and perspective here. ...OK, most of the time. :rolleyes:

What I'm trying to say is that I hope you come to some amicable personal settlement between the two of yerselves. You're both very much needed here. :thumbup:

Too late.

We've already set a meeting place for the duel. Do you want to be one of my seconds?

Too late.

We've already set a meeting place for the duel. Do you want to be one of my seconds?

:huh::angry:

Naw, thanks. But lemme know where you're gonna meet up 'cause I'm gonna come beat the crap out of both of you with my purse. And it's gonna be loaded with pucks. You ready for dat, punks? HUH?! :boxing:

Remember...small but wiry always beats big and dumb. :deal:

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

allriiight! we made it to over 800 posts! nice job wings fans!

btw what is the record for most posts in a thread?

for all you LGW "Elite" members... :P

terrible game btw

allriiight! we made it to over 800 posts! nice job wings fans!

btw what is the record for most posts in a thread?

for all you LGW "Elite" members... :P

terrible game btw

Probably that game 5 of the SCF in 2008.

That hit well over 100 pages if I'm not mistaken.

Guest malelion55
:ranting: Over 800 posts resulting from this stupid losing game...lots of people have nothing better to do...including me !!