44 replies to this topic

#21 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ January 29, 2010 - 04:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right. And that whole demotion of McCollum to the ECHL that was because he specifically had to come up with a plan to bring Katie Holmes back to Toledo.

Whoa, man. Let's stay calm.

I didn't know that about McCollum, but I also didn't make any commentary on him. Point of fact, last time I saw Larsson play - he played poorly.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (UP2HERE @ January 28, 2010 - 11:34AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say Tatar is a better skater Z and about the same as Pav. Z can look very "hoppity" on skates sometimes.

Fair enough. One thing to remember about Hank is his deceptive power and how well he stays on his feet in all situations. He's got one of those low skating strides that keep him up and balanced when others when be knocked down.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ January 28, 2010 - 01:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fair enough. One thing to remember about Hank is his deceptive power and how well he stays on his feet in all situations. He's got one of those low skating strides that keep him up and balanced when others when be knocked down.

For sure. I would never say Z was a bad skater but hes not fluent like Pav and that "hoppity" stride isnt the fastest way to get from A to B.

Edited by UP2HERE, 28 January 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#24 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

I wonder if this isn't so much as Tatar taking the #1 as Kindl giving it up... hhmm.

Posted Image

#25 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ January 28, 2010 - 06:24AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have a boner for Tatar, despite the Hudler comparisons. Hes a good skater, rediculously skilled, scores goals, hustles and seems to love playing physical game depsite his small size...what more could you want? And hes only 18...What a draft pick...and it was only the 3rd round wasnt it?

Might elaborate on a few more players seeing as I get to watch most of these prospects playing in Grand Rapids (http://www.justin.tv/griffinslive)

Jan Mursak: Great little player. Very skilled, suprising everyone by putting up numbers and continuing to show up despite the terrible run of play GR has been having. Fiesty little guy.

Jakub Kindl: I know people on here always seem to bring up his name but I dont really see why. He cant keep up consistancy at AHL level and I havnt been impressed with him. If Detroit had some better defensive prospects than him he'd be much further down the rankings.

Logan Pyett: Again, like Mursak, this guy is one of the players who has shined brightly when the rest of the team has dulled. Hes a big guy, who has recently showed willingness to stick up for teammates. If he can improve his physical game a bit more I think he could be a very sound 3rd NHL pairing.

edit:...oh yeah, Mitchell Callahan rules.

I literally agree with every single thing you just said, especially the Callahan part. And did you see Mursak's fight with Richmond? Like where the hell did that come from all of a sudden, I used to watch Jan play alot when he was with Belleville ( I had Sarnia season tix) and never saw that from him.

EDIT: Nevermind Im pretty sure I watched the Mursak fight on your youtube channel so I'm pretty sure you saw it haha

Edited by newfy, 28 January 2010 - 01:02 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#26 thedatsyukian

thedatsyukian

I was terror since the public school era

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (rage @ January 28, 2010 - 12:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if this isn't so much as Tatar taking the #1 as Kindl giving it up... hhmm.

Very good point. Kindl's progression has essentially stalled with little to no improvement in any area of his play.
kay

#27 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (UP2HERE @ January 28, 2010 - 12:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For sure. I would never say Z was a bad skater but hes not fluent like Pav and that "hoppity" stride isnt the fastest way to get from A to B.

The hoppity stride might not be the fastest way to get from A to B but it sure does wonders to hold onto the puck while skating into the offensive zone while on the PK playing one man keep away from the entire opposing team. gotta give him that. Hes no thumper like homer haha

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Travis @ January 28, 2010 - 09:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time I saw Larsson play he was like a sieve.

Look at the stats man-- McCollum's been worse over the period of Larsson's bad play.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ January 29, 2010 - 08:02AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at the stats man-- McCollum's been worse over the period of Larsson's bad play.

I won't deny that. I don't actively follow the Grifs, I just go to the games, haha. Neither one of them has been overly impressive in the games I attended and, for that matter, none of them have blown me away.

It was merely a singular statement of fact.

#30 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Travis @ January 28, 2010 - 02:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't deny that. I don't actively follow the Grifs, I just go to the games, haha. Neither one of them has been overly impressive in the games I attended and, for that matter, none of them have blown me away.

It was merely a singular statement of fact.

Well I can definitely believe you saw him recently and weren't impressed. From the games I've watched online lately none of the GR goalies have impressed.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#31 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ January 29, 2010 - 08:26AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I can definitely believe you saw him recently and weren't impressed. From the games I've watched online lately none of the GR goalies have impressed.

Yeah, the last game I went to - a couple of weeks back - he started. It was actually my only experience seeing him start and he let in 3 goals in the 1st. Obviously, you can't blame him entirely, but 2 were weeeaaaakk.

#32 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (EZBAKETHAGANGSTA @ January 28, 2010 - 02:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tatar's being compared to Hudler's talent level? That gives me a boner, but LGW a bad stomach.

What's more exciting is that Tatar is said to be a MORE DYNAMIC Hudler. I pray this kid doesn't pull a Leino when he gets his chance up here.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#33 HockeytownRay

HockeytownRay

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

So, uh, how exactly DO you pronounce Tatar's name? TAY-tar? tay-TAR? TAH-tar? tah-TAR?
.....or E) none of the above? huh.gif

#34 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (HockeytownRay @ February 10, 2010 - 10:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, uh, how exactly DO you pronounce Tatar's name? TAY-tar? tay-TAR? TAH-tar? tah-TAR?
.....or E) none of the above? huh.gif

Tuh-tar.

#35 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

I saw him the other night in GR...he was a little spitfire. I like the kid, I liked him at training camp. He's got some fire and spirit.
Posted Image

#36 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

wow... every thread about Tatar must include this and I'm very surprised I am the first to add it to the thread:

In all seriousness though, I am very excited about Tatar and he is the guy I most look forward to seeing on my annual trip to GR to catch the Griffin's this year - we're just behind the benches this year too, so I should get a good look at changes, strategies, etc and have a good idea the minute he steps onto the ice... is it odd that when I go to my GR game, I watch it more like a scout then a fan? haha

Edited by stevkrause, 11 February 2010 - 10:22 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#37 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

People wanting to judge for themselves (along with watching the rest of our prospects in action) can watch the Griffins game tonight at 8:35pm EST here:

Link

Theres a nice little chat box as well for banter tongue.gif Theres no Wings game tonight, so you all have no excuse! See you all in there smile.gif

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#38 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ February 12, 2010 - 08:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People wanting to judge for themselves (along with watching the rest of our prospects in action) can watch the Griffins game tonight at 8:35pm EST here:

Link

Theres a nice little chat box as well for banter tongue.gif Theres no Wings game tonight, so you all have no excuse! See you all in there smile.gif

thanks for the link!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ February 12, 2010 - 08:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Link

Best game I've seen this season! thumbup.gif

Briliant team performance, everyone but 3 players with a point.

Abdelkader and Ritola goal and assist. thumbup.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#40 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ February 12, 2010 - 11:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best game I've seen this season! thumbup.gif

Briliant team performance, everyone but 3 players with a point.

Abdelkader and Ritola goal and assist. thumbup.gif

Mursak, 1 assist, +3, One Fight! (9 PM).