• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

themule0932

Shootouts

Rate this topic

I also think that it should be a full 20 minute OT period. No sudden death, just another period and the score after that is the final no matter what.

I think this is a good idea, except it should just be one 10 minute OT period, not 20. They can't be expected to play 1.333 games every 4 games during a season... kinda crazy, no?

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I think this is a good idea, except it should just be one 10 minute OT period, not 20. They can't be expected to play 1.333 games every 4 games during a season... kinda crazy, no?

10 minute 4-on-4 would be pretty exciting.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Lilja will lead the team in SO goals when he returns!

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Exactly my thoughts. They play to tie in OT, then just put out Malkin and Crosby for the shootout.

For the record, I think shootouts to break ties are lame and the league should get rid of them. If a weak team makes it to the playoffs with this strategy and they can't score with a defense in front of them, they will choke in multiple OT periods, if they make it that far. It's for the best. If a team misses the playoffs because they can't win in regulation or OT, it's hard to feel sorry for them, even if weaker teams are making it via shootout.

Yea I didn't think about that. I would enjoy a 4 v. 4 for 10 mintues.