• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Homer, Miller, Eaves' Injuries Appear To Be Short Term

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Some good news out of today's atrocity.

It doesn't sound like any of the injuries the Detroit Red Wings sustained in Saturday's 4-3 loss to the Kings are long-term. Tomas Holmstrom has a bruised left knee, after being checked into the boards.

Patrick Eaves has a sprained ankle. Drew Miller has a bruised left ankle, after blocking a shot. Miller said X-rays revealed no fracture.

All three will be re-evaluated Sunday.

MLive

I don't believe anything our team doctors say. f*** them.

Kronwall apparently had a minor tweak (or so they said), yet he's missed the last two games.

In any case, even though those guys have been great for us these season, we can afford to have those players out. Franzen will replace Homer, while Abby and May will be inserted into the lineup.

The Kronwall injury is the one we can't replace. We need him back.

I wonder if we'll have one game this season where our complete roster is healthy.

We had several early in the season and how did that turn out?

If we had the same injury situation this year as everyone else, we would have made the playoffs, but we still wouldn't have gone very far, because the same problems would still be present.

Injuries aren't the problem anymore.

If we had the same injury situation this year as everyone else, we would have made the playoffs, but we still wouldn't have gone very far, because the same problems would still be present.

"Technically" we weren't healthy even then because Lilja was out.

I thought Helm was out at the beginning for a while? Franzen has been gone the whole season basically. I agree though, about injuries not being a factor anymore. Everyone needs more emotion.

Actually we haven't had a single one if I'm not mistaken, even if you don't count Lilja. Helm missed both of the games in Sweden and in the first game back in NA Franzen got injured.

Homer, Miller, and Eaves any truth to this?

puck daddy

look under "dishonorable mention"

i know homer left the game but i thought i saw miller time and eaves play the rest?

They aren't serious injuries. There is a link in the game day talk but it I don't want to search for it.

Actually we haven't had a single one if I'm not mistaken, even if you don't count Lilja. Helm missed both of the games in Sweden and in the first game back in NA Franzen got injured.

Yeah I was going to say. Not a single game. That Sweeden game was a HUGE mistake.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

News on Kronwall and Lilja as well. Hopefully Eaves won't be out too long. The last thing this team needs is more man hours lost to injuries.

General manager Ken Holland said on Sunday that forwards Tomas Holmstrom (bruised left knee), Drew Miller (bruised left ankle) and Patrick Eaves (sprained left ankle) are all day-to-day.

He said Holmstrom and Miller are possible for Tuesday's game at St. Louis. Eaves is doubtful.

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall (knee) got in a full off-ice workout Sunday and will skate on his own before Monday's practice before his availability for Tuesday is determined.

Meanwhile, defenseman Andreas Lilja had his conditioning stint in Grand Rapids extended by two games. He will play Tuesday at Texas and Friday at Houston for the Griffins before being evaluated by Red Wings doctors to determine if he should be activated.

Holland said Lilja experienced no medical issues during his first three games with the Griffins.

MLive

Edited by Howard He Do It?!