• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Team_All-Star

Brendan Smith

Rate this topic

Brendan Smith is a good player but definately not in the same class as Chelios. I hope the Wings encourage him to play another year at Wisconsin. The Badgers need him more than the Wings, he will be a much better player with one more year of college hockey under his belt. He is not good enough to make an immediate impact in Detroit. Joe S

Brendan Smith is a good player but definately not in the same class as Chelios. I hope the Wings encourage him to play another year at Wisconsin. The Badgers need him more than the Wings, he will be a much better player with one more year of college hockey under his belt. He is not good enough to make an immediate impact in Detroit. Joe S

I disagree. He needs to be thrown into the AHL as soon as possible. They need to get him playing against men.

I disagree. He needs to be thrown into the AHL as soon as possible. They need to get him playing against men.

Sorry, I've seen it before a bunch of times and 99 times out of 100 staying in college as long as possible is the right choice...there's no sense in rushing him and having him lose confidence, he'd be best served by giving the longest time available to develop.

Sorry, I've seen it before a bunch of times and 99 times out of 100 staying in college as long as possible is the right choice...there's no sense in rushing him and having him lose confidence, he'd be best served by giving the longest time available to develop.

You could be right... I'm not really that well versed in the college to pro transition.

I'm a little concerned about how he'll handle himself defensively in the AHL. He still has a long way to go as far as that part of his game goes. Also, he still has to add bulk to his frame and then adjust to skating with it.

Then again, how much would another year at Wisconsin help his defensive game? Maybe some, maybe none.

I was at the outdoor game over the weekend against Michigan and he did score the tying and winning goals for UW in the game. I hated the fact that Michigan had to lose, but seeing him score both of those goals from identical spots eased the pain a little since he is a Wings prospect.

I'm not worried about his skill, so much as I am about his work ethic. He's had several incidents because of attitude problems and I hope he's put them behind him. We will certainly need the skill on the back end in the future.

I'm pretty sure one of those problems ws he got busted underage drinking. Lets be serious, he's at University and he's the next big thing on the hockey team. He's gonna party and so is anyone his age really. I don't think his attitude is really a concern.

I'm a little concerned about how he'll handle himself defensively in the AHL. He still has a long way to go as far as that part of his game goes. Also, he still has to add bulk to his frame and then adjust to skating with it.

Then again, how much would another year at Wisconsin help his defensive game? Maybe some, maybe none.

being on a pro diet and training program with the griffins would probably help him add bulk to his frame better than the college dorm would. also, playing against tougher competition than college hockey would make him understand what he needs to work on with his game to become NHL ready. honestly, if he were to play anything else other than AHL, (if he's not too old) I would say the WHL would prepare him better. The toughest junior league in the world!

I'm pretty sure one of those problems ws he got busted underage drinking. Lets be serious, he's at University and he's the next big thing on the hockey team. He's gonna party and so is anyone his age really. I don't think his attitude is really a concern.

Well he's also been healthy scratched a few times and I remember reading a report of him being involved in fights with teammates during practice. Though I think the latter probably isn't that big of a deal.