• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Thought it would be nice to have one thread to discuss all of today's rumors and confirmed trades for the Wings and all other teams. All is quite so far, but their will be some action later today.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309857

Seems like Lebda is in the front running??

Andreas Lilja is a player who is conditioning right now in Grand Rapids. The Detroit Red Wings need a roster spot, they need some cap space for him. As a result, the Red Wings are likely to either trade or waive somebody. Lilja is a big body and they think he can help even though he's been out for a year with concussion problems since a fight with Shea Weber last year, but he may be a big part of the puzzle on the blue line for Detroit going forward.

There's talk that they're trying to maybe make a trade for Brett Lebda off the defence to open up a spot. If not, that puts somebody on waivers - could be Brad May or somebody else, but I suspect we may have an answer to that issue before 3pm as well.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I wouldn't mind seeing a big shake up with this team. Adding a top 6 forward would be great, but that will take a lot. Perhaps the right deal will come around.

I wouldn't mind seeing a big shake up with this team. Adding a top 6 forward would be great, but that will take a lot. Perhaps the right deal will come around.

I completely agree.. I think another top 6 forward is exactly what this team needs. But on the other hand I dont see any way to add a top 6 forward while clearing up over a million dollars in space at the same time.

I completely agree.. I think another top 6 forward is exactly what this team needs. But on the other hand I dont see any way to add a top 6 forward while clearing up over a million dollars in space at the same time.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Florida will be making moves. And they were at the Red Wings last night.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The Panthers are preparing their fans for what seems like a fire sale.

Dear Fans,

Based on our commitment to accessibility, we would like to take this opportunity to give you some insight into our hockey club’s strategy moving forward. After consulting with General Manager Randy Sexton and Head Coach Pete DeBoer, it is clear that our team, the way it is currently structured, is not equipped to meet the goals and objectives that we have set for ourselves, our fans and our partners.

Those goals are simple: qualify for the postseason on an annual basis, maintain a level of sustainable success, put a product on the ice that we can all be proud of, and compete for a Stanley Cup sometime in the near future. Our discussions with our hockey operations department about the composition and the strength and weaknesses of this Florida Panthers team have been extensive and ongoing, and based on those discussions and the inability to meet our goals, it is obvious that significant change is required.

Thus, GM Randy Sexton has begun the process of reshaping this team in order to achieve our goals and objectives. This is a multi-step process, beginning now, ahead of the trading deadline, and continuing through the draft, free agency and training camp – so we ask that you assess our success only once this process has run its course.

Unfortunately, these changes will not always be easy for our fans and supporters to accept or understand. These changes also may not be easy for our coaches, players and staff. But they are necessary. No small changes or quick fixes will do. But please note that these changes are part of an overall plan to make the best use of our current assets and set this franchise up to achieve the success we want as quickly as possible, and to maintain it.

Clearly, we are not satisfied with some of the players on this team that do not possess the characteristics we need to be successful. We must be accountable for that. Our task moving forward is to acquire players with the attributes, skills and qualities we want in a Panthers player. We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation.

As passionate fans and supporters of the Florida Panthers, this is what you deserve, and nothing else will do. Thank you for the emotion, the dedication and the loyalty that you have shown to your Panthers and please know, that as Managing Partners of this franchise, we are working hard to provide you with a hockey team you can be proud to call your own.

FLA Panthers

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Horton please?

At this point it seems like the whole team is available. Him being injured does not exactly help though.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Can you trade an assistant coach? who's their defense coach?

Panthers are 18th in GA/G. I don't think we want their defensive coach. It's hard to imagine a defense worse than ours sometimes.

Wow....judging from that, it seems like the whole team is about to be dismantled.

Already made a move....Dominic Moore to the Habs

The Florida Panthers have traded forward Dominic Moore to the Montreal Canadiens for a second-round pick in the 2011 draft.

The trade represents the first for Montreal's newly-installed general manager Pierre Gauthier, who took over earlier this week when Bob Gainey stepped down.

Moore, 29, has eight goals and nine assists in 48 games for Florida. He is earning $1.1 million this season and becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Wow....judging from that, it seems like the whole team is about to be dismantled.

The Panthers are only 6 points out of a playoff spots but it seems like they are going to move ahead with big trades.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If the Wings trade for players, those players would be dressed for Saturday's game. Wouldn't you think so?