• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Finland v Slovakia? Nahh thats stupid...watch Tatar and co!

Rate this topic

Shocking end to the game really, considering where we were at after 40 minutes. After all the upsets and heroics pulled by Slovakia in these Olympics I feel like they deserve something for their efforts, but deserve's got nothing to do with it. Congrats to Flip and the rest of the Finns on their win and medal.

Speaking of dives, at least three times I thought the Finns should have been wearing Speedos. And did anybody see blood anywhere on Oli Yukface's face for the four minute pp? Not moi. And looking at him is kind of hard to do. With his Aryan nation face, I kept expecting him to leap up, scream "Sig Heil!" and start singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me".

Can you tell I'm not too fond of the Finns? And yeah, I know they always spoke highly of me. :P

Shocking end to the game really, considering where we were at after 40 minutes. After all the upsets and heroics pulled by Slovakia in these Olympics I feel like they deserve something for their efforts, but deserve's got nothing to do with it. Congrats to Flip and the rest of the Finns on their win and medal.

i think any team that beats russia and sweden deserves a medal. but tough luck

Speaking of dives, at least three times I thought the Finns should have been wearing Speedos. And did anybody see blood anywhere on Oli Yukface's face for the four minute pp? Not moi. And looking at him is kind of hard to do. With his Aryan nation face, I kept expecting him to leap up, scream "Sig Heil!" and start singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me".

Can you tell I'm not too fond of the Finns? And yeah, I know they always spoke highly of me. :P

I thought Jokinen got hit in the neck. As did Ruutu.

I don't think they dived. At least not as bad as Hossa's. I mean, in that one that got called against Hossa I think the guy thought, "If I just keep skating, his stick is already in the way of my legs and I'll just fall naturally." Is that a dive? I don't think so.

EDIT: Had to add 'naturally.'

Edited by titanium2

I thought Jokinen got hit in the neck. As did Ruutu.

I don't think they dived. At least not as bad as Hossa's. I mean, in that one that got called against Hossa I think the guy thought, "If I just keep skating, his stick is already in the way of my legs and I'll just fall naturally." Is that a dive? I don't think so.

EDIT: Had to add 'naturally.'

I agree about Hossa's dive. :(

First - Try getting hit in the neck by a stick that's whipped all the way around with 1 arm like that. It didn't look as bad as a lot of slashes or high sticks, but I promise you that one hurt. Kind of a lot.

Second - I don't know why everyone thinks you need blood to get 4 minutes. The rule says "injury" not "blood." I don't know for sure if Chief was bleeding or not, but I think that if the linesman confers to make the call, it's gotta be a 4 or 5. I could be making that last part up.

All in all, an OK tourney by the Finns. They deserved the bronze, but if they had played 10 more minutes of hockey on Friday, they might be playing right now instead.