No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Eh.

Mors: You said AT, not LESS

?

If he's making $1.5 million now, a paycut would imply he's going to take less money than he's currently making. Otherwise, it would just be an extended contract for the same amount. My point was, $1.5 million for Bert is a fair amount, and I don't think he would or should be expected to take a smaller contract.

Edit: Especially to make room for Hudler (I'm not on that bandwagon, he's tiny and clearly has no allegiance to this team)

Edited by Mors

?

If he's making $1.5 million now, a paycut would imply he's going to take less money than he's currently making. Otherwise, it would just be an extended contract for the same amount. My point was, $1.5 million for Bert is a fair amount, and I don't think he would or should be expected to take a smaller contract.

Edit: Especially to make room for Hudler (I'm not on that bandwagon, he's tiny and clearly has no allegiance to this team)

You said "take a pay cut AT 1.5 mil". And I answered that it is perfectly plausible for him to take that salary considering how much he likes it here.

The interpretation is irrelevant because 1.5 was the number you put up.

And what do you mean allegiance? He showed a lot of loyalty by keeping a contract with the Red Wings and going to an international company (in business terms) to do his work and most likely come back within two years instead of sign with another rival company (once again in business terms) and be lost for good.

“In Detroit there wasn’t place for me and I didn’t want to go to another club. So I didn’t ask for a trade,” Hudler said. “Then came Dynamo with their offer. I started thinking about it and decided to go to Russia. It was tough but this is not a question of life or death. It is only hockey.”

Edited by Doc Holliday

Running these numbers through cap geek, we would have a very balanced line up with the ability to add a 3 million dollar salary at the deadline. I think we're looking pretty good for next season so long as Lidstrom/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi come back willing to take pay cuts.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / * Jiri Hudler ($2.880m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m)

* Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

* Brad May ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $55.018m; CAP ROOM: $1.782m BONUSES: $0.000m

You said "take a pay cut AT 1.5 mil". And I answered that it is perfectly plausible for him to take that salary considering how much he likes it here.

The interpretation is irrelevant because 1.5 was the number you put up.

Read the original post I was responding to way back before you jumped in. It was implied that Bertuzzi should take a pay cut from his current salary. I disagree.

Read the original post I was responding to way back before you jumped in. It was implied that Bertuzzi should take a pay cut from his current salary. I disagree.

In that lineup the paycuts are already given. Lidstrom with his 4.00 mil and Holmstrom with 1.50 mil. Why he mentioned Bertuzzi would be taking a paycut when he doesn't add one is beyond me. Perhaps he meant that it would be a cut compared to offers he would get in free agency?

In that lineup the paycuts are already given. Lidstrom with his 4.00 mil and Holmstrom with 1.50 mil. Why he mentioned Bertuzzi would be taking a paycut when he doesn't add one is beyond me. Perhaps he meant that it would be a cut compared to offers he would get in free agency?

Yea could be, in either case the other two reductions I agree with :)

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Out of Boredom, I took Hudler's point totals from last year and compared to them on what he would of scored if he was given the same amount of ES time as some other forwards. Here are the results.

Hudler-57 Points

Filppula's time= 67.926

Zetterberg's time= 79.34

Franzen's Time= 69.47

Hossa's Time= 68.25

Datsyuk's Time= 73.6

Using these minutes, and all other things held constant, Hudler would have performed with slightly more points than Franzen would have should they had both played a full season, and blew away both Zetterberg's and Filppula's totals.

Out of Boredom, I took Hudler's point totals from last year and compared to them on what he would of scored if he was given the same amount of ES time as some other forwards. Here are the results.

Hudler-57 Points

Filppula's time= 67.926

Zetterberg's time= 79.34

Franzen's Time= 69.47

Hossa's Time= 68.25

Datsyuk's Time= 73.6

Using these minutes, and all other things held constant, Hudler would have performed with slightly more points than Franzen would have should they had both played a full season, and blew away both Zetterberg's and Filppula's totals.

Eva, is that you? :P

I'm certain Holland will chat with Nick concerning payroll/cap issues, and will knock a few million off his current salary if Nick wants to stay a few more years.

Nick is still our best Dman - however his offensive #'s has dropped quite a bit, and as far as I'm aware - Nick isn't considered a Norris Trphy canidate, and likely won't be ever again.

So yeah - something like $4 to $5 million seems about right.

I'm not convinced Holland will offer him $4-5 million. Raffi makes $6 million, and I don't see Holland offering Lids less than another player.

Hudler-57 Points

Filppula's time= 67.926

Zetterberg's time= 79.34

Franzen's Time= 69.47

Hossa's Time= 68.25

Datsyuk's Time= 73.6

That's a valid point but theoretical to say the least. We all should remember what happened when Hudler was given second line minutes and more ice time and better line mates. He realyl only excelled playing on the third line with Filppula and Samuelsson against quote-unquote the opposing teams weaker defense pairings. That being said, I am a big fan of Hudler's and am all for bringing him back. In the right situation and given the opportunity I strongly believe Hudler could be almost a point per game guy in this league.