• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

New Orleans Chris

Hi all... new to hockey...

Rate this topic

So do you think they will go longer than the Rangers? I don't know if Buttman will allow it. Unless of course Cindy actually does stay in s***sburg that long.

Only 11 or 12 seasons left to go for them. Chicago only has 6 before they tie the record. I say they have a better chance in 6 years then the Leafs do in 12.

Yes there are. Not a lot but there are. They are all very cool though.

We have a *****. A Forum ***** to be exact. She is a Goddess. She will mesmerize you and keep you focused. HR40, please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

edit: i should note that that was a Eminem reference and had nothing to do with anyone's height.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Hi. I am a New Orleans resident who is fairly new to hockey. I attended a few ECHL (extreme minor league) games when we had a team in New Orleans, and have been missing it ever since. My one NHL experience was a Blues game in St. Louis.

I have chosen to follow the Red Wings, mainly because I have always been fascinated by Detroit, and also because they are playing the Blackhawks today. I already hate Chicago because of the Bears (Saints fan), and I think they may be one of the Red Wings' main rivals?

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, and apologize in advance for any forthcoming dumb questions (I'll try to keep them to a minimum).

And please, no Katrina jokes. :cool:

You obviously have excellent taste,not only because you chose the Wings, but because you're a Saints' fan. If it weren't for our love of the Broncos (for a loong time), the Saints would be way up there on our list. Drew Brees is from our area and he was a cool kid then; and an even nicer man and a talented QB.

Welcome. :thumbup:

Well, the history on the official site isn't working, but at least I got to see all the Stanley Cup banners.

I'll try to steer clear of having opinions on players until I at least know all the rules of the game. Point taken.

Whaat? If you do, it'll be a first. :hehe:

You obviously have excellent taste,not only because you chose the Wings, but because you're a Saints' fan. If it weren't for our love of the Broncos (for a loong time), the Saints would be way up there on our list. Drew Brees is from our area and he was a cool kid then; and an even nicer man and a talented QB.

Welcome. :thumbup:

I love Austin. I have a cousin who lives off Bee Cave Rd., on Barton Creek. Thanks for the welcome. :cool:

also, another important question- are there are a lot of women on these boards? The Saints site I have been going to has been overrun with 'em, and I just want to get an idea of how straight I get to shoot here.

Great Question.

Are you not able to meet any by throwing beads? Im not so sure message boards can be considered "dating" sites but there is other parts of the board dedicated to that... Not in the General Discussion area tho.

Welcome to the boards.. If your serious about hockey and not female fans of the game that is.

Great Question.

Are you not able to meet any by throwing beads? Im not so sure message boards can be considered "dating" sites but there is other parts of the board dedicated to that... Not in the General Discussion area tho.

Welcome to the boards.. If your serious about hockey and not female fans of the game that is.

i think you misunderstood me. :cool:

Welcome aboard Chris; I'm certain you'll soon be greated by a fellow New Orlean "Southern Wings Fan".

Always nice to see fans from around the country/globe stop in here at Lets Go Wings :thumbup:

Indeed.

scott800.jpg

Greetings, I am that other New Orlean fan, Jack.

Welcome to the forum. Stick around and you will find your common forum idiots, know it all's, computer tough guys, trolls etc.

Also, great choice of team. Honestly, there has not been a better NHL team in the past 20 years. It is arguable, but I don't think many teams have more history than the Wings, with the Leafs and Canadians being up there(both of which suck right now). If you stick with the sport you will find there is nothing like it.

One more thing, Go Saints!

Welcome to the forum. Stick around and you will find your common forum idiots, know it all's, computer tough guys, trolls etc.

Also, great choice of team. Honestly, there has not been a better NHL team in the past 20 years. It is arguable, but I don't think many teams have more history than the Wings, with the Leafs and Canadians being up there(both of which suck right now). If you stick with the sport you will find there is nothing like it.

One more thing, Go Saints!

Oh sure.... Suck up to the new guy! :lol:

Hi Chris...

I'm from the UK, so you are a lot closer than me. Big congrats to you and yours for the s'bowl...I was really very pleased for the saints, and its been a while since I've been shouting for the team that actually wins the superbowl. T'was extra good for me cos the who were on the half-time show, and my oldest friend's dad was on stage rocking it out!

These forums are welcoming, opinionated, sometimes insightful, often knowledgeable, and very passionate. As with most forum's there are very few absolutes except....Stevie Y was THE MAN, Lidstrom is a genius almost beyond criticism who has almost redefined how it is possible to play top level defense, the 2002 stanley cup winning team was one of the finest ever created, the red wings are one of the most important ice hockey teams in the world, and definitely the most historically significant in the usa. Almost every other idea will be argued by someone!

Lets just say you've made a good choice. As a relative outsider, I can say with a degree of objectivity that the Red Wings are one of the best run, most respectful, professional and loyal teams in any sport, and as such, even with a team having its worst year in at least 16 or 17, there is a strong team core that will in all likelihood continue to remain competitive

Welcome to the international wings nation...

Indeed.

scott800.jpg

Greetings, I am that other New Orlean fan, Jack.

Damn, and I was hoping I could meet another fan for a beer and talk about what exactly "icing" is. You live all the way in Mandeville. :cool:

Which reminds me, what exactly is icing?

Edited by New Orleans Chris

When one team shoots the puck into the other teams zone before they cross the red centre ice line. The other team has to touch the puck for it to be called icing. If the team that shoots it gets to it first then play just continues as normal. If icing is called then play is stopped and the face off comes all the way back in to the offending teams end. They also can not change the players that were on the ice giving an advantage to the other team who can get fresh players on to the ice to take advantage of the tired ones.

It makes perfect sense to me but let me know if it is confusing for you and I'll try and reword.lol

When one team shoots the puck into the other teams zone before they cross the red centre ice line. The other team has to touch the puck for it to be called icing. If the team that shoots it gets to it first then play just continues as normal. If icing is called then play is stopped and the face off comes all the way back in to the offending teams end. They also can not change the players that were on the ice giving an advantage to the other team who can get fresh players on to the ice to take advantage of the tired ones.

It makes perfect sense to me but let me know if it is confusing for you and I'll try and reword.lol

i think it makes sense. the offending team would be on offense?