24 replies to this topic

#1 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

Puck Daddy

Edited by CenterIce, 15 March 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#2 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

The KHL is a mess
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#3 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

this league is a joke I won't be shocked if hudler comes back next year because of s*** like this. Its like frickin slapshot

#4 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

You got to be kidding me. They act like a bunch of 5-year olds over there.

#5 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#6 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

Must've been free Stoli fan appreciation night.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#7 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

"This league is a joke" : D

Gotta love those comments. Don't worry. The NHL will always be the number one.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#8 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

KHL is horrible, I don't even consider watching it.

All tho I wish that goalie sues that guy for everything he has.

#9 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

All tho I wish that goalie sues that guy for everything he has.

This is Russia. They use the AK's not lawyers.

#10 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

KHL is horrible, I don't even consider watching it.

the KHL has always been so off-putting with me.

cheerleaders in the stands?

sometimes teams dont check AT ALL...it is a very odd league when jagr, hudler and chris simon can all be PPG players.

#11 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

This is Russia. They use the AK's not lawyers.

I think there are more guns and violence in the U.S.

It seems that everytime when KHL is discussed here the influence of cold war propaganda and the attitude of that time lifts its head. After so many years its still stuck in people's minds.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#12 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

It seems that everytime when KHL is discussed here the influence of cold war propaganda and the attitude of that time lifts its head. After so many years its still stuck in people's minds.

I agree. I don't rate USA any higher than Russia.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#13 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Does anyone have the contact info for the assailant? I'd like to hire him to take out cindy.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#14 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

You're just being nice to the Ruskies in hopes that they don't take away a big chunk of your land on a whim again.

My friend Eric lives in Finland. I love the stories he relates back of his trips in to Russia! "Immagine how backwards Russia is from what you see on TV - then multiply it by 100" he says.

I don't think it's cold war propaganda that makes the US and Canada laugh at Russia - it's how far they've fallen since the end of the cold war. I would have loved to have visited the USSR circa 1985. I respected the USSR, because it did some things well. I can't think of anything that Russia excels at. It is my sincere hope that they get their s*** together, because it has the potential to be an awesome country.

Edited by micah, 16 March 2010 - 02:06 PM.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#15 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

A big chunk? About enough land to bury their dead is all they got.

Plus the biggest badass in history emerged from Finland during that war.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#16 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

I clicked on the link to watch the clip. Ran MalwareBytes and found 17 trojans. Not sure if it was from watching the clip, or from some other site, but y'all may want to check if you went there. It's free and works great.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#17 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

There's a "In Soviet Russia..." joke in there somewhere...

#18 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Maybe the KHL should change it's name to the KKHL (Keystone Kops Hockey League). Why the hell would any self-respecting hockey player go there when you got fans running wild in the arenas (smacking goalies with sticks, lighting road flares, etc) and the medical personnel seemingly trained in the 4077 MASH unit (seriously, carrying injured players off the ice in tarps?!)? Screw the money, just say no to the KKHL!
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#19 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

A big chunk? About enough land to bury their dead is all they got.

IIRC it was something like 10% of Finland's land, and 20% of their industrial capacity.

Plus the biggest badass in history emerged from Finland during that war.

Also, neither Bob Probert nor Chuck Norris fought in the Winter War. That's an old wive's tale.

Edited by micah, 16 March 2010 - 01:47 PM.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#20 RedArmy

RedArmy

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

You're just being nice to the Ruskies in hopes that they don't take away a big chunk of your land on a whim again.

My friend Eric lives in Finland. I love the stories he relates back of his trips in to Russia! "Immagine how backwards Russia is from what you see on TV - then multiply it by 100" he says.

I don't think it's cold war propaganda that makes the US and Canada laugh at Russia - it's how far they've fallen since the end of the cold war. I would have loved to have visited the USSR circa 1985. I respected the USSR, because it did some things well. I can't think of anything that Russia excels at. It is my sincere hope that they get their s*** together, because it has the potential to be an awesome country.

yes of course your friend from Finland is an expert lol. I lived in USSR in 1985 and former Soviet Union till 1995...

in any case, what I can say is this fan is going to get a massive beating from the cops for this incident... The fan was just an ass, it is no different from having a drunk fan falling into Tie Domi's penalty boxes and getting his ass kicked. Of course in this case the goalie could have gotten seriously hurt.

As far as Russia goes, yes some things are backwards but at the same time Moscow is the most expensive city in the world to live and the lifestyle has changed dramatically...

Also, I love how in Olympics Russia had NHL washouts? Right so Ovie, Malkin, Datsyuk, Nabokov.. interesting... all I can say is they choked it is what it is... Didn't Canada choke in last olympics? yet no one said hockey is over for Canada...

the stupidity and ignorance around the boards sometimes lol...