• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zetterbergfan

Zetterberg passes Sid Abel on Wing's All-tme list

Rate this topic

Pasha is now at #9, with 581 points in his career. By next season he will pass Brendan Shanahan (633) and then will be aiming for the great Ted Lindsay at #7. I want to see him get 600 by this season's end. I hope he can do it - 6 goals away from 200, 13 assists from 400.

Interesting list, Datsuk should finish at least 6th all time, but he's going to need another 4-5 pointpergame seasons to catch Fedorov.

And look at Kris "Empty Net" Draper in 23rd! :D 1080 games though, boy is that impressive.

Lidstrom is stuck at 4th, which is quite the accomplishment.

I'm not sure Pav and Z will be able to reach Nick's point total, but here's hoping.

For Pav, 6 more seasons with an average of 70 points per year (somewhat conservative) would give him 1000+ points.

There's a good chance he'll play for the Wings longer than that, and/or score more points per season. I hope Nick continues another year or two (atleast) and adds to his totals, but I can totally see Pav reaching him down the road.

For Hank it will be a little more difficult.. but if he plays another 10 seasons and maintains a relatively high level, say an average of 60 points per year, that would give him him slightly more points than Nick has now. Not at all impossible. Hopefully he can stay healthy and motivated for many years to come.

For Pav, 6 more seasons with an average of 70 points per year (somewhat conservative) would give him 1000+ points.

There's a good chance he'll play for the Wings longer than that, and/or score more points per season. I hope Nick continues another year or two (atleast) and adds to his totals, but I can totally see Pav reaching him down the road.

For Hank it will be a little more difficult.. but if he plays another 10 seasons and maintains a relatively high level, say an average of 60 points per year, that would give him him slightly more points than Nick has now. Not at all impossible. Hopefully he can stay healthy and motivated for many years to come.

Pav is under contract for four more years after this year right? People don't like to hear this but when Pav said that he wanted to finish his career in the KHL or something along those lines, the first thing that came to my mind was that he might leave after his contract is up. I'm really not sure if he'll be there that long.

As far as Z goes, I'm not really sure either. He's got another 11 years but do we really imagine him to be on a scoring line for all those years? I wouldn't be surprised if during the last three or four years of his contract (if he even plays that long) that he'll be more of a veteran third line center as the Ferraros and whichever scoring line talent replaces him. He can at least maybe get a Selke trophy, which he deserves, but yeah, I wouldn't count on him too much to reach Nick.

Pav is under contract for four more years after this year right? People don't like to hear this but when Pav said that he wanted to finish his career in the KHL or something along those lines, the first thing that came to my mind was that he might leave after his contract is up. I'm really not sure if he'll be there that long.

When did Pav say that?

As far as Z goes, I'm not really sure either. He's got another 11 years but do we really imagine him to be on a scoring line for all those years? I wouldn't be surprised if during the last three or four years of his contract (if he even plays that long) that he'll be more of a veteran third line center as the Ferraros and whichever scoring line talent replaces him. He can at least maybe get a Selke trophy, which he deserves, but yeah, I wouldn't count on him too much to reach Nick.

I really don't think Pav would leave the NHL that soon.. he's only 31 and I could see him playing into his 40's. Maybe he'll round things off with a season or two in the KHL, but to leave as a 35-36 year old? I don't see it happening and I hope it doesn't. Lots of players say they want to finish their careers "back home", but at the same time most of them want to stay in the NHL as long as possible.

When it comes to Z, I think he is a similar type of player to Alfredsson and he can still put up points at 37. Health could be an issue for him but otherwise I see him being in or top 6 for atleast the next 7 or 8 years. I also think Hank has some great seasons left in him, for example I know reaching 50 goals is something he wants to do.

I hope we can fill out the team with some real 2nd and 3rd line talent so we can pair Pav and Hank up in the upcoming years.. I want them to help eachother to greatness :)

Pavel can play a long career in the NHl. The KHL will always take him when he's washed up, so there's no rush. As long as he gives Detroit his best years he can do what wants. :P

I see Datsyuk getting up there in points, but Hank probably won't reach quite the same height. Despite he and Datsyuk being about equal in skills in every category, Zetterberg's back might hurt him in the long run and drop his production sooner than Datsyuk's.

When did Pav say that?

I wanted to post the original thread from LGW but the links were broken. Luckily I also found it on HF:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=675734

Hmm... I didn't know his daughter and wife moved back to Russia. No wonder he didn't have a good start to the season. It's actually a really interesting link. He said he has no idea why he keeps winning the Lady Byng, haha.

I really don't think Pav would leave the NHL that soon.. he's only 31 and I could see him playing into his 40's. Maybe he'll round things off with a season or two in the KHL, but to leave as a 35-36 year old? I don't see it happening and I hope it doesn't. Lots of players say they want to finish their careers "back home", but at the same time most of them want to stay in the NHL as long as possible.

When it comes to Z, I think he is a similar type of player to Alfredsson and he can still put up points at 37. Health could be an issue for him but otherwise I see him being in or top 6 for atleast the next 7 or 8 years. I also think Hank has some great seasons left in him, for example I know reaching 50 goals is something he wants to do.

I hope we can fill out the team with some real 2nd and 3rd line talent so we can pair Pav and Hank up in the upcoming years.. I want them to help eachother to greatness :)

I'm sure you'll check out the HF link too. I just hope Pav stays. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Oh yeah that's right. 50 goals for Z would awesome. I can see the picture now of him holding up the puck. Another thing I hope for Z is that he gets a Selke. Earlier in his career I was thinking he would get multiple. Now I just hope he gets one.

I always want the Euro Twins to play together. I'm still annoyed that nobody has made a top ten of them finding each other on goals. If they can make one for Lecavalier and St. Louis, why not one for Pav and Z? That rhymes.