• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

You should never wish death on anyone...

Rate this topic

Why bother replacing him? Whoever is in that job is going to be hated. He's an authority figure and humans are inherently rebellious.

As someone else said - not true.

Case - Goodell in the NFL

The NHL needs to reach out and try and get Dryden in there...

Guest screwdahawks

Ugly little trolls the world over will morn his death:

dcdn3s.jpg

You didn't include Crosby's picture, HOW DARE YOU!

can someone explain to me why everyone hate bettman so much? i don't really have a strong opinion of him. as a fan of the nhl maybe i should know better but i have never really understood the hatred against bettman. what has he done/is he doing that is so horrible?

to be honest im not well familiarized with what he is doing and what he has done for the league :blush:

it has to be a butt load of work to have his job.

personally, I'd just settle for him being ostracized from the NHL. The day he's out of the league will be a happy one for sure. But death, meh, I wouldnt go that far. Maybe someone to give him a good ass kicking or something sure, but death is harsh. Or even better yet, a good dirty scandal would be good. Some public embarrassment would be awesome. If he were publicly humiliated and then forced to resign from the league, that would be pretty awesome. That's my vote.

personally, I'd just settle for him being ostracized from the NHL. The day he's out of the league will be a happy one for sure. But death, meh, I wouldnt go that far. Maybe someone to give him a good ass kicking or something sure, but death is harsh. Or even better yet, a good dirty scandal would be good. Some public embarrassment would be awesome. If he were publicly humiliated and then forced to resign from the league, that would be pretty awesome. That's my vote.

ok... maybe death is too far, but if the only option is death for him or more Bettman, which would you choose?

If I had it my way, they would make Dryden the commissioner, keep Campbell as one deputy commissioner overseeing game operations, then split the duties and make Shanahan another deputy commissioner in charge of discipline and finally, bring on Paul Tagliabue as an outside consultant from a business/operations standpoint...

That would be a well run league and I guarantee some drastic improvements in the game/league.

Edited by stevkrause

ok... maybe death is too far, but if the only option is death for him or more Bettman, which would you choose?

If my only options are death of more Bettman than, as much as this pains me to say, I gotta say more Bettman. Trust me, I hear what you're saying but to want some one to die for purely selfish reasons is too harsh in my eyes; especially when those reasons are just for how a sport is run. As much as Bettman's crap is annoying the NHL is still pretty damn entertaining and even as much as his s*** annoys me bitching and complaining about it is fun at times. There's always a silver lining.

God, i can't believe I just made a case to keep Bettman in place....Stevkrause, what have you done to me?

If my only options are death of more Bettman than, as much as this pains me to say, I gotta say more Bettman. Trust me, I hear what you're saying but to want some one to die for purely selfish reasons is too harsh in my eyes; especially when those reasons are just for how a sport is run. As much as Bettman's crap is annoying the NHL is still pretty damn entertaining and even as much as his s*** annoys me bitching and complaining about it is fun at times. There's always a silver lining.

God, i can't believe I just made a case to keep Bettman in place....Stevkrause, what have you done to me?

haha, obviously this topic is made in jest... but basically the point I think we're all getting at here, is that he needs to be removed and probably at least suffer on some level for what he has done!

sorry for making you say anything in his favor, my SINCEREST apologies, haha

People ragging on Bettman, that's refreshing :rolleyes:

can someone explain to me why everyone hate bettman so much? i don't really have a strong opinion of him. as a fan of the nhl maybe i should know better but i have never really understood the hatred against bettman. what has he done/is he doing that is so horrible?

to be honest im not well familiarized with what he is doing and what he has done for the league :blush:

it has to be a butt load of work to have his job.

People just blame him for everything that goes wrong in their opinion, when in actual fact he's been quite good for the league overall.

People ragging on Bettman, that's refreshing :rolleyes:

People just blame him for everything that goes wrong in their opinion, when in actual fact he's been quite good for the league overall.

Want to tell me how he's been good for the league?

Just because they're turning a profit, doesn't mean that they couldn't be doing WORLD'S better... there should have been a cap awhile ago, but even that was done wrong and they NEVER should have lost a season due to a LOCK OUT... he has alienated it's core base while chasing fringe fans, forced teams into poor markets and making the stronger teams bail them out, done a HORRENDOUS job marketing his product and/or putting the proper people in place, discipline is a joke and there is no consistency, the All-Star game has become a travesty, the TV deal, shall I go on??????

Well we can start with the 2 lockouts we've had since he's taken over but that's too easy.

He seems to ignore reality and continues to try and sell hockey in markets that clearly don't give a damn. He's running a business and he's letting his own personal biases get in the way of progress.

Don't get too excited when one of these crappy markets is forced to re-locate because they are going to Kansas City. Why make money in Seattle,Winnipeg or Hamilton when you can go to Kansas City and ATTEMPT to build a fanbase there? <_<

Well we can start with the 2 lockouts we've had since he's taken over but that's too easy.

He seems to ignore reality and continues to try and sell hockey in markets that clearly don't give a damn. He's running a business and he's letting his own personal biases get in the way of progress.

Don't get too excited when one of these crappy markets is forced to re-locate because they are going to Kansas City. Why make money in Seattle,Winnipeg or Hamilton when you can go to Kansas City and ATTEMPT to build a fanbase there? <_<

exactly...

also T-Ruff:

glowing puck

instigator rule

conference re-alignment

trapezoid

unbalanced schedules

ANY mention of not participating in the Olympics

still want more?

haha, obviously this topic is made in jest... but basically the point I think we're all getting at here, is that he needs to be removed and probably at least suffer on some level for what he has done!

sorry for making you say anything in his favor, my SINCEREST apologies, haha

I know the thread was made in jest and I was only messing with you. I hear you though, I personally would lvoe to see him out as commish.

As much as I am a fan of most of your posts as I think we share a lot of the same opinions, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you (despite your heart felt apology) for making me say anything in Bettman's favour. I need to go take a shower and wash the filth off of me now...you're dead to me Stevkrause, dead to me...

I know the thread was made in jest and I was only messing with you. I hear you though, I personally would lvoe to see him out as commish.

As much as I am a fan of most of your posts as I think we share a lot of the same opinions, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you (despite your heart felt apology) for making me say anything in Bettman's favour. I need to go take a shower and wash the filth off of me now...you're dead to me Stevkrause, dead to me...

I cannot in any way, shape or form justify causing that and for that I can only apologize, my deepest, heartfelt apologies! haha

I cannot in any way, shape or form justify causing that and for that I can only apologize, my deepest, heartfelt apologies! haha

Although we can never go back to the way things were Stevekrause all I can now do is try to move on and rebuild. It'll be tough but I'll have to dig down deep and somehow pick up the scraps of my life that you've left behind. At least I have my Red Wings to comfort me in this time of need.

do you throw names like shanahan or yzerman here ( for commissioner job) only because of name recognition?

i think yzerman yes, but shanahan has a ton of experience working with the GMs and the NHLPA. that being said being said being the commish is a whole other ball of wax. its more related to business than anything else and being a business man in sports will never be poplular. unless your crazy ol' Mr. Illitch.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Yeah I was just throwing names around. The entire way the NHL works needs an absolute overhaul.