• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

king_malice

Red Wings Game Song.....

Rate this topic

I watch alot of Football/Soccer and the fans yes i know they are CRAZY but they have there own song for every team/country and the claps they do during matches. I was just wondering what song US Wings fans would sing during games if we had one. realistic songs though. here are a few examples.( i know Soccer fans show alot more passion during games but i think it would be sweet if we had one)

(italian game song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7wvTefsmY

(english game song)

(clap)

When I was in Germany I watched 2 Bundesliga games... I don't care for football at all but man.. Euro football fans are awesome. I know Wings fans are passionate but this is different. I'm sure our resident Euros can help me explain.

exactly i was at a Italy vs Serbia match and it was insane chants and songs for about 65 out of the 90min. just think how much it would pump up our players if we did that clap or a song like one of those!.

RED WINGS CLAP CLAP CLAP RED WINGS CLAP CLAP CLAP

Really, Journey is our thing. There is not a soul in the Joe not singing that when played.

I also felt like "Living on a Prayer" since in the last playoff people were playing it and singing it when we literally were half-way there.

Hey, Hey, Hockeytown is lame but I love it.

And when it comes to comparing us to football overseas, we are getting there. The difference is they don't have 82 games a season and therefore it's not just the die-hards that attend. However, our playoff crowd is something to brag about.

I think Wings fans should just start the Journey song throughout the game, don't wait for it to come on over the speakers just start singing it at random times. Im sure when the Wings players hear us scream SOOUTH DETROIT it gets them pumped up.

Just a small town girl

Living in a lonely world

She took the midnight train going anywhere

Just a city boy

Born and raised in South Detroit

follow it up with some cheering or clapping i know if it was me on the bench i would be pumped up hearing it

The first two examples are just Valentine's day Puma promos, not what they really chant. The clap video is AWESOME though. And Yeah, Journey.

Songs in the crowd are of the chant variety. We don't need to start turning the Joe into some sort of karaoke bar or American Idol contest by singing our rendition of 'hit' songs on our own.

"Lets Go Red Wings!" and "Crosby sucks!" is enough me.