• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT: Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Pretty good quote by Commodore lol

Am I the only one who would want Commodore on this team?

Preds just tied 5:53 third 2-2

They are firing on all cylinders

Of course they did.

We had our chance to put them away and they blew it

Of course they did.

One of the key reasons that I want to see our boys finish in fifth is for the fact that Nashville would get to take on one of the "Big 3". The way that they've been playing, I'd actually be surprised to see Nashville lose in the first round to any of those three teams. There's something about them; they're resilient as all hell.

Niiice. 3-2 Coyotes. Let's see if it holds.

Yotes up 4-2 with ~2 minutes left.

It looks like the Preds will lose in regulation, and switch spots with the Wings.

UPDATE:

Empty net goal! 5-2

Wings now are 5th and Preds sitting right under @ 6th.

Edited by CanadaBoy

It looks like the Preds will lose in regulation, and switch spots with the Wings.

5-2; empty net goal. Maybe the Preds will prove me wrong *crossing fingers*

Edited by Rivalred

:scared:

:hehe:

lol well look at the stats

ericsson 60 gp 65 ga 49 giveaways -16

ledba 63 gp 36 ga 18 giveaways -2

ericsson has about 60 mins more of playing time and he hits a little more.

not saying do it permanently just try out lebda against the same team and see how the outcome is.

Preds have the tie-breaker.

The Preds now can get to a max of 100 pts.

For the Wings to pass they need to get 101. That means a record of 1-0-1 to finish the season. If they beat Columbus and take Chicago to OT (or visa versa) then they will get fifth place. Assuming the Kings don't win 2 of their last 3 games.

Edited by Doc Holliday

lol well look at the stats

ericsson 60 gp 65 ga 49 giveaways -16

ledba 63 gp 36 ga 18 giveaways -2

ericsson has about 60 mins more of playing time and he hits a little more.

not saying do it permanently just try out lebda against the same team and see how the outcome is.

Ericsson's a rookie with tons of upside who struggled defensively this season but showed glimpses of why the Wings are so high on him. Lebda's a veteran who can't hold down a #6 spot and will be gone this summer. You keep the rook in so he can keep working on his game. E won't get any better sitting in a press-box.

Was at the game tonight. The first goal was a great way to get the last regular season home game going, but then . . . we were just flat until 8 minutes into the third. OMG, did the place erupt and rock for the whole 1.5 minutes we scored those three goals. I had just barely sat down for the first, when I was up cheering again for the second, and then the third goal. Some bad turnovers and slow changes cost the boys the three goals tonight, but overall, it just looked like they were resting on the ice--saving themselves for the playoffs. Glad they got the win though because a loss would have been a bad way to end the "Fan Appreciation" night for the last home game.

Wings are in 5th now playing 1 less game then the Preds.

Yeah, based on the theory rule due to us playing less games as there is a chance as it was pointed out before, the Wings could keep 5th, but Preds still have 1 game to play and more wins - I hate that damn "in theory" NHL rule

Kind of a Catch-22 type situation tonight and tomorrow in that we're looking for Phoenix to help us out by beating LA and Nashville so that we can play them in the first round.

Personally, I'd just like to see the Wings finish in fifth just for the sheer unlikelihood of it given the season we had; it would really be quite a feat. I don't think you can worry too much about the match-ups, though. The cream rises always rises to the top in the end.

and yes id like to see ericsson scratched next game and lebda in.

Someone's forgetting how brutal Lebda was last game. :lol:

Lilja caused that first goal E and him were on for-- he miscommunicated with Filppula and they both played the puck which left the man open. Should Lilja sit? :lol:

Lidstrom caused the Hamburger first goal by giving the puck away... sorry but the weakest link was the entire back end, not the #6 d-man.

Someone's forgetting how brutal Lebda was last game. :lol:

Lilja caused that first goal E and him were on for-- he miscommunicated with Filppula and they both played the puck which left the man open. Should Lilja sit? :lol:

Lidstrom caused the Hamburger first goal by giving the puck away... sorry but the weakest link was the entire back end, not the #6 d-man.

Not sure what game you watched, but every time E touched the puck it was like a hand grenade. Absolutely brutal tonight.

Ericsson's a rookie with tons of upside who struggled defensively this season but showed glimpses of why the Wings are so high on him. Lebda's a veteran who can't hold down a #6 spot and will be gone this summer. You keep the rook in so he can keep working on his game. E won't get any better sitting in a press-box.

I've been a proponent of Ericsson's upside all along, but I have to admit to having doubts after tonights game. I thought he had settled down being paired with Lilja, but WTF? Tonight was a major step backwards. If I'm Babs I have serious decision as to who my #6 is.

Guest mindfly

Sloppy game overall... some bright parts but Lilja and especially Ericsson looked terrible out there

Kronwall had an awesome game I think, hope he's alright with all the weird stuff going on with his knee's...