• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Blackhawks officially eliminated as first round opponent

Rate this topic

With Chicago beating the Avs tonight they are no longer a possible opponent in the first round. Wings nixed that possibility by beating Columbus.

If Nashville loses their last game they are automatic 7th seed.

If Nashville wins their last game and Detroit beats Chicago or gets a point, Nashville ends up as 7th seed.

If Nashville wins their last game and Detroit loses their last game, Detroit ends up as 7th seed, but Chicago ends up as first seed. Chicago plays Avs.

Why do people keep forgetting about the Kings?

It doesn't matter what the Kings do.... DETROIT WILL NOT PLAY CHICAGO IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!

The options left are San Jose, Vancouver or Phoenix.

It doesn't matter what the Kings do.... DETROIT WILL NOT PLAY CHICAGO IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!

The options left are San Jose, Vancouver or Phoenix.

Fair enough. I figured that listing the seeding possibilities for each team would mean that you were trying to show where they would end up, since you already mentioned that the Wings won't be playing Chicago.

I really wanted the Wings to play Chicago in the first round.

IMHO, Chicago wants Colorado in the first round. Chicago will try to win the last game. Which would mean Detroit could end up in 7th seed and play San Jose in the first round. I believe that Detroit could sweep San Jose. But if that series goes 7 games a tired Detroit team with a lot of travel miles could face a healthy Chicago team (Campbell returning and maybe confidence for Niemi) for the second round. All of sudden Chicago doesn't look like an easy opponent with a tired Wings team and a healthy rested Blackhawks team. Avs really have gone downhill fast. Just looking ahead at possibilities.

At any rate I suspect Detroit will play San Jose or Vancouver now in the first round.

The best scenario to eliminate Chicago is for Detroit to beat them the last game and have Nashville face Chicago in the first round. Nashville will be very tough for Chicago to beat and I believe Nashville can beat them. If LA loses one game Detroit has a chance for fifth seed and Phoenix with one less time zone to deal with.

I watched a lot of San Jose games also this year and Nabby is definitely beatable. San Jose's top line has not been good this last month.

Erhoff is expected back soon. It is the possible 3 trips to the west coast in the first round that will kill the Wings.

Vancouver still dont have Mitchell and since he's been out their defense has takin a hit. They have no true shut down pair. O'Brien and Rome went down last night and are day-today. Salo got injured today after practice and is also day-to-day.

So do you really think they are injured OR are they just resting some players and pretending to be the injured dog? Poker on ice is a great game!

Besides, we know the Wings can beat Vancouver..... we just hope it is in FOUR games so there is only ONE west coast trip.

Not true, they could play the Kings. It's kinda far fetched, but possible:

The Wings (Chicago), Predators (St. Louis), and Canucks (Calgary) would have to lose their last games.

The Kings would have to win their last two games (Edmonton and Colorado).

If all that happened, it would be:

3. LA

4. Phoenix

5. Vancouver

6. Detroit

7. Nashville

That's what we should all be hoping for, IMO.

The Canucks and Kings are in two separate divisions, so no, Chicago still cannot be our first round opponent.

Edit: Explanation

Edited by wingsdiehard13

The Wings (Chicago), Predators (St. Louis), and Canucks (Calgary) would have to lose their last games.

3. LA

4. Phoenix

5. Vancouver

6. Detroit

7. Nashville

I believe that you have hypothetically placed LA in the wrong division. LA plays in the Pacific along with San Jose, Phoenix, et al.

3. LA

4. Phoenix

5. Vancouver

6. Detroit

7. Nashville

This can't happen. LA and SJ are in the same division, both cannot be in the top 3 and LA cannot catch SJ.

Even if Campbell returns for the 2nd round he wont be 100%. I agree that facing Chicago first round would be better then deeper in, but i'd still rather play a banged up Vancouver squad, or San Jose.

This. I can't ask for work off because the schedules are done for the next 3 weeks. At least a west coast series assures me I'll see those games.

Vancouver still dont have Mitchell and since he's been out their defense has takin a hit. They have no true shut down pair. O'Brien and Rome went down last night and are day-today. Salo got injured today after practice and is also day-to-day.

I wanna play Vancouver so we can bash Burrow's visor into the ice.

Now I am beginning to think that Detroit may also really try to win that last game against Chicago. Several reasons:

1) If LA loses one of their last two games Wings can take fifth seed.

2) It is possible that all four bottom seeds beat the top four seeds giving the Wings home ice advantage for at least the next two rounds and possibly the Stanley Cup Finals if you can believe that....if the Wings win and take the fifth seed. If New Jersey wins their division and Pittsburgh loses one of their last two games in regulation Wings will have home ice advantage against a Pittsburgh rematch.... who would have thought?

3) Chicago will end up playing Nashville (if San Jose gets more points in their last game than Chicago does) instead of Colorado. Nashville, IMHO, will beat Chicago.

4) Phoenix is one less time zone to deal with for Detroit.....OOPS .... Scratch that ..... Arizona does not follow DST.... so they are still 3 hours difference..

5) Buttman would love a Phoenix-Detroit "franchise saving" matchup.

GO OILERS!!! LA-Oiler matchup tomorrow.

GO OZZIE.... pretend you are in the playoffs.

Edited by Icesurfer

It looks like if the Wings play Vancouver the dates will be WED & FRIDAY & Vancouver should have their defensive core back (Ehrhoff, Edler, Salo, Bieska, Rome & O'Brien.) Mitchell has been out since January with a concussion.

"Vigneault said the absences of O'Brien, Rome and Salo are day-to-day, and all three blueliners should be ready to start the playoffs next week.

“I'm feeling better today,” O'Brien said. “I just had a little bit of a stinger there. I got hit a little awkwardly and they held me out the rest of the game. I got some ice on it today and some treatment and it felt better, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. The main goal is to get ready for playoffs.”

PLAYOFF DATES: The Canucks, suitably embarrassed that someone in the organization rented out their arena on the opening Saturday of the NHL playoffs, have approached the Harlem Globetrotters about rescheduling their game. Television networks are unhappy about not having a Saturday date for the Canucks' second playoff game.

“All I can tell you is we have an event scheduled for GM Place that night and we're operating on the assumption the building will be unavailable to us,” Gilman said.

Barring any schedule change, the Canucks will likely play Games 1 and 2 at home on Wednesday and Friday."

Wings can't play Hawks?

So,if SJ wins next game, and Hawks lose next game.

Wings lose next game,

LA wins 1 of the next 2 games,

and Preds win next game.

you're saying Wings don't play Hawks???

wings and hawks last game is against each other, if chi wins they get 1st seed(col) and det will be 7th or 6th(van or sj) det wins they will be either 5th or 6th(phx or van) and chi will get 2nd seed if sj loses(either nsh or la)

Edited by Wings4Life19

wings and hawks last game is against each other, if chi wins they get 1st seed(col) det wins they will be either 5th or 5th and chi will get 2nd seed(either nsh la)

you quoted before i changed it. this is why i shouldnt read things while im half dead in bed. lol. sorry. ;)

Guest Crymson

If LA loses one game Detroit has a chance for fifth seed and Phoenix with one less time zone to deal with.

Phoenix is on PST, not MST.

Phoenix is on PST, not MST.

Yeh.... post was edited here after I realized Arizona does not follow DST.

Now I am beginning to think that Detroit may also really try to win that last game against Chicago. Several reasons:

1) If LA loses one of their last two games Wings can take fifth seed.

2) It is possible that all four bottom seeds beat the top four seeds giving the Wings home ice advantage for at least the next two rounds and possibly the Stanley Cup Finals if you can believe that....if the Wings win and take the fifth seed. If New Jersey wins their division and Pittsburgh loses one of their last two games in regulation Wings will have home ice advantage against a Pittsburgh rematch.... who would have thought?

3) Chicago will end up playing Nashville (if San Jose gets more points in their last game than Chicago does) instead of Colorado. Nashville, IMHO, will beat Chicago.

4) Phoenix is one less time zone to deal with for Detroit.....OOPS .... Scratch that ..... Arizona does not follow DST.... so they are still 3 hours difference..

5) Buttman would love a Phoenix-Detroit "franchise saving" matchup.

GO OILERS!!! LA-Oiler matchup tomorrow.

GO OZZIE.... pretend you are in the playoffs.