Photo
- - - - -

Looks like Michelson's gonna win the Masters.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's not quite at the end of the tournament, but I don't think I can hex him by saying he's gonna WIN it. His wife Amy is there and as you probably know, she's fighting breast cancer. This makes his win all the more poignant and special. I am so happy for them. And I hope to God she heals completely. He won it. :)

EDIT: Whoops. Spelled his name wrong, but you knew that. ;)

Edited by Vladifan, 11 April 2010 - 05:57 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

I couldn't be happier, and it couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving player. Congratulations to Phil and Amy Mickelson. May all the rest of their days be victorious.

:thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#3 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

Good for Lefty. I like Phil. Easy guy to root for, unlike SOME star golfers on the tour.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#4 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Good for Lefty. I like Phil. Easy guy to root for, unlike SOME star golfers on the tour.

Geeze. We agree on something other than our love for the Red Wings! :lol: :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#5 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Good for Phil. Always like him.

Good for Tiger for coming back strong, and media pretty much avoiding the personal crap in his lives during the tournament and just focusing on golf. What he did personally obviously was wrong, but if he and his wife can reconcile and be even more committed to each other, and he can play golf strongly again like he's accustomed to, more power to him.

#6 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Good for Phil. Always like him.

Good for Tiger for coming back strong, and media pretty much avoiding the personal crap in his lives during the tournament and just focusing on golf. What he did personally obviously was wrong, but if he and his wife can reconcile and be even more committed to each other, and he can play golf strongly again like he's accustomed to, more power to him.

I had a thought while Phil was hugging Amy. It would be a really good thing if Tiger had even a passing thought about something like that happening to Elin. I'd like to think it would give him a whole new perspective on his past lifestyle.

I hope that statement's not considered a judgment call. I'm working on staying away from that kind of reactive behavior. :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users