• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

No white, Red Out.

Rate this topic

The Yotes look to bring back a classic this playoffs.

While I think it is a great thing for their fans to get into the playoffs as such, we obviously want to show off how much we like our boys.

In this vein, I suggest everyone else who attends any game in Phoenix this postseason wears all Red to stand out from the white out. Send a clear message to the players on the ice and the fans watching at home that the white out signifies Yotes fans, and the Red signifies Wings fans. I hope to see more red then white, as I have been to plenty of Yotes games and know there are as many Wings fans there as Yotes.

So even though our white sweaters are the best in the league, wear a Red one instead, failing that wear a red shirt and a red hat. If you have red pants and shoes, wear those too!

I think a friendly little compettion for the fans would be great. So suit up boys and girls.

I also catch the irony that we will be wearing the white in Phoenix, apparently they don't! :lol:

Thats the best way to do it... I remember in the Stanley cup finals last year... When Pittsburgh had there white out... I hung up the Yzerman and Shanahan Authentics cause they were White... and instead broke out the Red Replica McCarty jersey just to stand out and show who I was there to see...

GO WINGS BABY!!!!

Thats the best way to do it... I remember in the Stanley cup finals last year... When Pittsburgh had there white out... I hung up the Yzerman and Shanahan Authentics cause they were White... and instead broke out the Red Replica McCarty jersey just to stand out and show who I was there to see...

GO WINGS BABY!!!!

The only Red Jersey I have is a Duchene Jersey gameworn in the 2000 playoffs. I am going to break that one out.

To Majsheppard regarding this quote: Kris Draper said himself that red is the color of passion.

Yes, that's true, and some teams even paint their locker room red to get their team excited and paint the visitor's locker room a pastel blue because that's a relaxing color (to tone down their aggressiveness).

However, I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Seeing red!" which means raising one's level of excitement. So, does seeing a Red Wing jersey make opposing teams more aggressive against the Wings?!

There's more than one way of interpreting color symbolism and emotions!

To Majsheppard regarding this quote: Kris Draper said himself that red is the color of passion.

Yes, that's true, and some teams even paint their locker room red to get their team excited and paint the visitor's locker room a pastel blue because that's a relaxing color (to tone down their aggressiveness).

However, I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Seeing red!" which means raising one's level of excitement. So, does seeing a Red Wing jersey make opposing teams more aggressive against the Wings?!

There's more than one way of interpreting color symbolism and emotions!

Interesting point, but statistically red is the most successful sporting colour in history. More teams who wear red have had success than any other colour. Don't know the exact figures but it is quite a substantial amount.