• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crotty99

Great story from game 2.

Rate this topic

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/04/22/sports/srv0000008103150.txt

Didnt see this one on here.

If you don't want to read the whole thing, basically a wings fan went to jail for throwing the pi on the ice. Another group of wings fans got together to bail him out.

Two points:

1) Wings fans are the best.

2) Was it really necessary to take the poor guy to jail?!

The only cool part was the fact that the fans actually raised $500 that fast. I'm actually not a huge supporter of throwing octopi at away games. I feel you should respect your enemies turf a little.

Nice story.

It's horses*** that he got arrested though. Even more horses*** that he's gotta come back for a court date.

Do we know the circumstances of why he was arrested? Was he drunk and belligerent? Did he crash into fans before during or after throwing the 'pi?

Do we know the circumstances of why he was arrested? Was he drunk and belligerent? Did he crash into fans before during or after throwing the 'pi?

It says "disorderly conduct, more specifically the throwing of prohibited bottles or other objects."

Disorderly conduct is such BS to begin with.

Given the size of Red Wings Nation I am sure there is an attorney down there that will be willing to represent him if he so desires. Hell it would be hilarious if he requested a jury and there were enough Wings fans to if not acquit then to at least hang the jury. I can only imagine that voire dire. And who here is a Wings fan, Coyotes fan, hockey fan. :cool: