• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

All Original 6 Conference finals

Rate this topic

Just thought of this on my way out the door this morning, cause the last thing i'm thinking about until i get here is work...

If Detroit, Chicago, Montreal and Boston all win then the Conference Finals on each side will be:

Detroit vs. Chicago

and

Montreal vs. Boston

Both are great rivalries and would be pretty exciting.

On a side note, i would NEVER cheer for Montreal, but in this case I will make an exception. For one round, I am a habs fan.

Just thought of this on my way out the door this morning, cause the last thing i'm thinking about until i get here is work...

If Detroit, Chicago, Montreal and Boston all win then the Conference Finals on each side will be:

Detroit vs. Chicago

and

Montreal vs. Boston

Both are great rivalries and would be pretty exciting.

On a side note, i would NEVER cheer for Montreal, but in this case I will make an exception. For one round, I am a habs fan.

Then technically for 2 rounds you would have been a Habs fan, as they had to get past Wash as well

Sorry, just busting chops :)

i'm usually not on the original six bandwagon simply because most of the people who say an Original Six stanley cup final would be great for hockey are the only people who care about the original six... i mean i was born in 1989, the original six doesn't really apply to me even though i love the tradition and staple of an NHL franchise in those communities.

but in this case, a conference final like that would be awesome since there are actual rivalries in those two cases.

I think it's fair to say the odds are good that the West will be represented by Detroit or Chicago, but I don't see Boston or Montreal beating Pittsburgh or Philly. Sad to say, we will never get an original 6 Cup Final. Every time we get close something always happens to throw it off.

That would be a marketing and TV bonanza, but it won't ever happen.

Nevermind.

I want to take back what I said.

Both Chicago and Montreal will lose in the next round imo.

i hope not. i want the pens gone...bad! the canucks are running their mouths alot right now and i don't think they can back it up against the hawks. they lost last year with willie mitchell in the line up and he's out with a concussion. good luck nuckers.

wings in 6

hawks in 7

habs in 7 :ph34r:

bruins in 6

i hope not. i want the pens gone...bad! the canucks are running their mouths alot right now and i don't think they can back it up against the hawks. they lost last year with willie mitchell in the line up and he's out with a concussion. good luck nuckers.

wings in 6

hawks in 7

bruins in 6

The Hawks were the up-and-comers last year, though. The Canucks should have a much better idea of what they're in for this time around. As long as Luongo doesn't s*** the bed, they could take them.

wings in 6

hawks in 7

bruins in 6

Doesn't Chicago have injuries on defense and they have a goalie that looks shaky?

I think Vancouver is a more complete team at this point.

If Luongo gets outplayed by Niemi, then he's as overrated as Sandra Bullock. I don't want to hear about how great Luongo is if he loses this series. Also, Sammy owned the Hawks last year. :D

As for Montreal, the sun only shines once on a dog's ass. No way can they get outshot 50-15 in every game and hope to win again. Halak can't be that good.