• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

Rate this topic

Game 4 vs the sharks. Me and my buddy got $40 tickets to the game, and the whole 3rd period was just a party, so much fun, and a great performance by the wings and the Mule.

My girl and I were also at that game. That was a hell of an evening to be at the Joe.

There were so many great moments this year. Like someone else stated, these games this year were not automatic and every game was a playoff type game. It made the regular season much more meaningful and worth watching.

The only game I attended was in Denver in October, we lost 3-1, but Anderson stole the show stopping 47 of 48 shots. That was the game that I noticed that Villie Leino was not going to be a Wing for much longer. He was awful in that game.

I don't know that I can pick a favorite game from the Regular season because there were so many to choose from. I think I may have to go with the 2-1 victory in Calgary in March. The game was 1-0 Flames when they got a BS Penalty Shot and Howie stopped them, then a few minutes later Datsyuk scored to tie the game and the Homer won it with a wrister that beat Kipper with 1:16 left in the game. That pretty much sealed the fate of the Flames and propelled the Wings into the playoffs!

As for a playoff game, I thought game 7 against Phoenix was our best. On the road and simply dominated a pretty good hockey team. Datsyuks Breakaway goal was one that I may never forget!!

@ Donaldjr2448, we went to the same game, where did you sit?

went to game @ Colorado OCT 24(3-1L)

favorite game: @ LA, Howard's 51 save dominance

We were exactly 19 rows behind the Wings Bench!! They were awesome seats!! That is a really nice arena too! There must have been 150 Wings fans in our section!! It was amazing!

We were exactly 19 rows behind the Wings Bench!! They were awesome seats!! That is a really nice arena too! There must have been 150 Wings fans in our section!! It was amazing!

i was across the ice from you, i sat 3rd row behind the penalty box's right on center ice. heres some video's i took while i was there(sorry for the lack of a steady hand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJSEwgwiGA

watch for someone crash into the net at the end of this one :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZlAFiOxDvA

For me, it's hard to pick a single games as my favorite from this past season. One that definately sticks out, however, was November 14 against the Ducks. Hank recorded a natural 3rd period hat trick in the 7-4, back and forth win. Also, the New Years Eve victory against the Avs I went to had the Joe rocking.

I attended the home opener against Chicago, and saw Florida, Colorado (New Years Eve), Nashville, Minnesota, and Edmonton. 5-0-1 record, not shabby.

Ah yes. I recall because it was one day after my birthday, so I celebrated it as being my "birthday game". A bottle of Jack into the game, and well I don't really remember that one too well, but I do remember it being an awesome game.

Sadly, stationed in Germany, so didn't attend any games this year.

Sometimes, honestly, when people ask me why I'm leaving the army after my next deployment (leave in 2 weeks), I tell them that it's because it interferes with my hockey life.

Wings won in 2008. I was home on leave for the finals, and grew a playoff beard. 2009 I watched all the games, but no hockey beard. 2010. Couldn't watch most of the games. Thus....2nd round elimination.

Yes.... It is my fault. Sorry guys. Next year I'll be in Afghanistan, so since i won't be able to watch (Which is in my mind directly proportionate to the Wings winning), will be a good rebuilding year, cause I'll be plopped on the couch, or at the games....for all of the 2012 season, Beer in hand and a ...well....Tom Petty has some songs that will describe the rest of what I'll be doing. I'm calling it now. 2012, Stanley cup champions!!! Might even just grow my playoff beard starting at the pre-season....We have to make sacrifices. Sure....I won't have a social life when I look like I just finished eating out of a trash can.....but the greater good is what I'm aiming for.