• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

Rate this topic

For Christmas, my husband bought me Wings tickets for the 2nd game versus the Avalanche here in Denver - down on the glass. That was the first game right after the Olympics (day after) and was the start of our post-Olympic run. I think we won 3-2 or so. All Wings fans down close there - it rocked. Never sat that close before so was special for me..plus beating the Avs in their building and outnumbering their fans is always big fun! :D

I went to the game in March against Minnesota where we won 5-1. I've been to three games so far and that was one of my favorites. The environment was so great and I got some amazing pictures of the players. That was definitely my favorite because I was there cheering along with everyone else!

I was at this game. Great fight by Eaves and Versteeg too.

Oh man, I forgot about that Eaves fight. The cool thing was that it was so totally unexpected, and a pretty good scrap to boot.

One more reminiscence: The Wings vs. Ducks game on 1/5 that I went to was also the day I got on the Howard train. Now, I was sitting in the lower bowl behind the net, which would be the side Howard was on for periods 1 and 3. During the whole frickin' game, this idiot sitting next to me kept yelling out, "HEY HOWARD, YOOOUUUU SUCK!!!" It was so loud that, despite being in the upper part of the lower bowl, Howard himself could probably hear the guy. And while it probably didn't bother him any, it irritated me quite a bit.

I ignored the guy the whole time, of course, but the more he yelled it, the more I thought to myself, "No, he goddamn well doesn't suck! I may have said some things about him in the past, and maybe he's not the next Brodeur, but come on, the guy's got some skills!" So I gotta thank The Quacker (as I nicknamed him) for causing me to talk myself into loving the Wings - and in this case, a particular Wing - even more. Then, of course, the next game was his 51-saver against the Kings, and that pretty much cemented the deal; I was on the Howie bandwagon. I mean, I've doubted him a time or two since then, but he usually proves me wrong in the next game, so I gotta hand it to him, overall. Here's to an even better 2010-11.

Edit: I hate how I tell stories.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I made it to seven games this year...Dallas, Vancouver, Colorado, Carolina, Nashville, St. Louis and Edmonton. Loved the New Year's Eve game (first time I'd ever been to one of them), but I think I'd have to say the Nashville game on March 5th was my favorite. That was the night Pasha swiped the puck and scored right in front of where my hubby and I were sitting. The place went nuts! My hubby looked at me and said, "If I didn't see that I wouldn't have believed it." I wanted to jump on that ice and hug him for that.

Also loved the shootout goal he scored against Chicago where he absolutely faked the goalie right out of his skates. I laughed like hell when he did that.

I can't wait til September! I have my tickets already.

At the Joe vs the Penisguins (3-1)

At the Joe vs the Wild (6-2)

At Chicago (last of regular season)

At San José (4-1)

At Columbus (9-1)

Playoffs

At the Joe vs the Sharks (7-1)

At Phoenix (game 7)

I made it to seven games this year...Dallas, Vancouver, Colorado, Carolina, Nashville, St. Louis and Edmonton. Loved the New Year's Eve game (first time I'd ever been to one of them), but I think I'd have to say the Nashville game on March 5th was my favorite. That was the night Pasha swiped the puck and scored right in front of where my hubby and I were sitting. The place went nuts! My hubby looked at me and said, "If I didn't see that I wouldn't have believed it." I wanted to jump on that ice and hug him for that.

Also loved the shootout goal he scored against Chicago where he absolutely faked the goalie right out of his skates. I laughed like hell when he did that.

I can't wait til September! I have my tickets already.

I was at that one as well :thumbup:

Went to two: the 12/23 home loss to Chicago (3-0), and the January 27th game in Minnesota (where I live) where we lost like 5-2 or something. My favorite game was the "revenge" game against Pittsburgh.

Also, as an out-of-market fan, I probably saw more games this year than any year since I left Detroit thanks to NHL Network, the free Center Ice preview for a month (which, unfortunately, was the first month when we were terrible), Versus, and NBC.

Best game of the year was the SO loss at home to Chicago at the Joe (the one live on NBC). Incredible, fast paced, end to end game. If you wanted to show someone who wasn't a fan of the game what makes Hockey so great, I would show them this game.

And even though we lost in the SO, Dats and Bert scored with a pair of incredible moves.

Totally agree - great game and an absolute party in the stands. Lots of energy. Was lucky to be able to attend this one.

Also was at a November game (Flyers I think), walked in for the last 10 minutes of a game in March, and went to Game 3 playoffs against PHX (not a good choice to attend that one).

Regular season-

March 22nd, 3-1 victory over the Pens. Fun game to watch, Detroit owned the ice, and Jimmy owned Crosby.

The game against the Kings in January where Howard was unstoppable with some 50+ saves.

Pretty much everything after the Olympic break. With the Wings playoff spot in jeopardy, every game felt like a playoff game.

Playoffs -

Game 7 vs Coyotes. The Wings finally got it together and put a decisive end to the series.

Game 4 vs Sharks. At the last minute, I picked up tickets to see games 3 and 4 of the San Jose series. So glad I did. Although game 3 was a huge disappointment, I got to be at the Joe for Franzen's incredible performance in game 4. That place was rocking.

I attended 2 Wings games this season, which for somebody on the other side of the Atlantic I guess isn't bad. My first ever, Vancouver on October 27th. Ozzie was yanked after giving up 2 goals on 3 or 4 shots (or something). Wings with a comeback won the game 5-4. Pretty damn cool, because I loved Vancouver too, so to see the Wings win there was awesome. I was fearing the worst when Ozzie skated to the bench (we were just joking about Ozzie before the game - then we were like :scared: ). It was the first game where I thought Jimmy looked like he was up to the job.

Then I saw them play Toronto on November 7th, the Hall of Fame game. The induction ceremony was pretty cool, the 5-1 thrashing considerably less so. I'm pretty sure the Leafs fans thought they'd won the Stanley Cup that night, judging from their behaviour and celebrations afterwards.

Haven't been to the Joe yet though, much to my chagrin.

As for favourite moments - the most dramatic game winner was Zetterberg's against Vancouver in OT in March. And I loved Jimmy with the facewash on Sidney too.

For me it was the game against the Sharks on Nov 5th or somethin and they won in the shootout with pasha and Z scorin the winning goals in the SO. Another was the new years eve game against the avs, that was a good time. And the game i wasn't at that i wish i was, was the buzzer beater that Z had against the nucks, that was the coolest game ever.

For me it was the game against the Sharks on Nov 5th or somethin and they won in the shootout with pasha and Z scorin the winning goals in the SO. Another was the new years eve game against the avs, that was a good time. And the game i wasn't at that i wish i was, was the buzzer beater that Z had against the nucks, that was the coolest game ever.

That was a great game. It was the first Wings game my aunt had ever been to and it was a perfect way to end the night. However, I think that might have been the last time Z scored during a shootout. :blush:

Another good candidate for favorite game of the year was March 7 against Chicago, a 5-4 come from behind win. Pretty good moment when Hossa missed the open net and the chance to tie it.

i came in here to post that one.

From the start they were down 2-0, and i was like "f***, here we go again. another sloppy game. ugh"

then bam, 5 unanswered goals in the 2nd period.

then the hawks came back w/ 2 in the third, just enough to make me go "f***, another blown lead, and 3 goals at that?"

but nope, they won :clap:

For me it was the game against the Sharks on Nov 5th or somethin and they won in the shootout with pasha and Z scorin the winning goals in the SO.

I skipped class to go to this game and then ended up getting a bad grade on a test because one of the essays questions was about an activity we did in class that day. Ha ha. Sacrifices must be made. TOTALLY worth it, though!

I think my fav game this season was probably game 4 against SJ. The Joe was CRAZY and I went with a friend that I've recently converted into being a fan. It was awesome.

I sadly, could not make a regular season game due to the stupid college tuition I have to pay...

But my mom's employers have season tickets, and they give away pre-season tickets to their employees. So my mom chose the game against Pittsburgh, which at first was a hot sword blade to my stomach, but was so much fun to be at. We had four very obvious penguin bandwagoners behind us because it took them all mid-way through the SECOND period to realize that Crysob, Malkin, Staal and Flower were not playing!! (they were at the Joe with the pre-game warm up) And also the one chick kept going, "why is that off-sides?" "why is that icing? -- wait what is icing?" So I was laughing...and we won the game so that was a plus.

Favorite games I watched on TV? J-Ho owning Crysoblaugh.gif ...Z's hat-trick against Ducksbiggrin.gif ...Kronner's winning goal in shoot-outhehe.gif ...and many more that I can't honestly remember right now smile.gif

I sadly, could not make a regular season game due to the stupid college tuition I have to pay...

But my mom's employers have season tickets, and they give away pre-season tickets to their employees. So my mom chose the game against Pittsburgh, which at first was a hot sword blade to my stomach, but was so much fun to be at. We had four very obvious penguin bandwagoners behind us because it took them all mid-way through the SECOND period to realize that Crysob, Malkin, Staal and Flower were not playing!! (they were at the Joe with the pre-game warm up) And also the one chick kept going, "why is that off-sides?" "why is that icing? -- wait what is icing?" So I was laughing...and we won the game so that was a plus.

Favorite games I watched on TV? J-Ho owning Crysoblaugh.gif ...Z's hat-trick against Ducksbiggrin.gif ...Kronner's winning goal in shoot-outhehe.gif ...and many more that I can't honestly remember right now smile.gif

Actually, Fleury did play that game. I remember it because I was happy to see them beat Pittsburgh, even if it was the pre-season.

Actually, Fleury did play that game. I remember it because I was happy to see them beat Pittsburgh, even if it was the pre-season.

Yeah he did, I remembered the next day...that pre-season game feels like so long ago I couldn't 100% remember!

I was at the Joe for the Pens vs Wings game first time back after winning the Cup there, Wings fans were loud and crazy all game long, giving it to Crosby every time he was on the ice. Got to here the crowd sing Dont stop believing,Jimmy smacked crosby around then the crowd boo'd/chanted crosby sucks until he left the ice. Awsome game