Photo
- - - - -

There's really only one question about next season's team now.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Bertuzzi should resign.

I wasn't aware he held an office? hmm

with that news coming to light though, I agree, I think he should resign from that post and instead re-sign with the Wings though to be a hockey player

:ph34r:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#22 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

Where are you people coming up with these numbers? 800k for abs and helm? 1.2m for todd? Bertuzzi will get at least 1.5, probably more like 2.5. Abs and Helm will probably get about 1m a piece.

#23 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

I'd like to see the Wings keep Helm and Abdelkader, and part ways with Eaves, Meech and possibly keep Miller but it wouldn't break my heart if we didn't keep him. Either resign Bert or go after a big name player that can fit within our cap restrictions. I'm sure it won't happen this way but that's just what I'd like to see.

#24 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

Where are you people coming up with these numbers? 800k for abs and helm? 1.2m for todd? Bertuzzi will get at least 1.5, probably more like 2.5. Abs and Helm will probably get about 1m a piece.

Agreed. I have a hunch Bert re-signs, and does so for at least 2M if not more.
thanks offsides!

#25 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Colby armstrong, imagine a line with him, helm, and abs, that would be a meat grinder on the forecheck
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#26 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Here is my hope...

If the cap goes up $2million, we should have around 2.5 to play with. Kenny said they would target a fourth line forward, so I put that in my lines. Ritola and Draper are your 13th and 14th forwards. No room for Maltby or Miller. Helm goes up to the third line. I think he's ready.

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) /* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m)
Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Darren Helm ($0.750m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)
UFA / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)
Mattias Ritola ($0.517m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
GOALTENDERS
Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 21; CAP: $56.8m; PAYROLL: $56.230m; CAP ROOM: $0.570m BONUSES: $0.000m

You just have to hope Kronwall returns to his form prior to this past season and that Ericcson improves.

THIS... I can see this really being the lineup this coming season. Aside from the switching of Nick and Raffi to different pairings I feel this one right here is the most logical. Still wouldn't mind seeing a healthy Clears back with Hank and Mule. (As I have reiterated 3 million times) Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#27 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Bertuzzi shouldn't be re-signed if he demands 2M+

Tanguay at 1.75 > Bertuzzi at 2.5.

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

Agreed. I have a hunch Bert re-signs, and does so for at least 2M if not more.

He has already said that money was not an issue and he wanted to stay in Detroit - he will not get more than 1.75 at most and will most likely sign for the same 1.5 or even less... he put up the same pts last year as he did the year before in MORE games and the previous season on Calgary (44pts, 66games) only got him a 1.5 contract... how would 44 in 82 get him a RAISE?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#29 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

He has already said that money was not an issue and he wanted to stay in Detroit - he will not get more than 1.75 at most and will most likely sign for the same 1.5 or even less... he put up the same pts last year as he did the year before in MORE games and the previous season on Calgary (44pts, 66games) only got him a 1.5 contract... how would 44 in 82 get him a RAISE?

But this year he won't be getting his sweet buyout money.

#30 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

he didn't get any buyout money last season either. the ducks bought him out for the last year in his contract, which was with calgary.

Posted Image

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

So you think Helm has earned almost double his salary from last season? And the limited time Abs played with them, he deserves to be in the million dollar club? Not so sure....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#32 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

But this year he won't be getting his sweet buyout money.

I don't think buyout money is used in contract negotiations as much as some people might think. If I were an agent negotiating a new contract for my client who happened to be receiving money from a buyout, I'd tell GMs who brought it up that its none of their business. My client is worth X amount of dollars to play hockey for your team regardless of how much income he has from other sources. They don't consider how much endorsement money a player makes when negotiating a new contract, why should buyout money be any different?

#33 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

If Bertuzzi is coming back...how about this idea

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom is an incredible line combination, right!? It's what we would all like to have 4 of. Well, I think this season, we have the chance to put together at least two...

1st line: Filppula (poor man's Zetterberg)-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

2nd line: Hudler (poor man's Datsyuk)-Zetterberg-Cleary (poor man's Holmstrom)

3rd line: Franzen-Helm/Abdelkader/Miller/Ritola-Bertuzzi...i hate putting mule on the third line, but, he and Bert played real well together in the second round. If we can get someone to do a decent job centering this line...we might have something.

Miller-Helm/Abdelkader/Miller/Ritola-Eaves - decent 4th line i guess. maybe throw in a grinder as well.

Edited by blueadams, 02 June 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#34 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see Holland spend $2m on a player that can consistently win face-offs to play on the third line. The biggest difference between our 2010 playoff team and our 2008 playoff team was our aptitude in the face-off circle.
Rough as guts.

#35 wingsfaninMA

wingsfaninMA

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see Holland spend $2m on a player that can consistently win face-offs to play on the third line. The biggest difference between our 2010 playoff team and our 2008 playoff team was our aptitude in the face-off circle.

+1