• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

Trust me people, this is sheerly hypothetical. I have seen enough of you guys thinking this should happen. So I want to get the pulse of the people...Do we really want this to be a reality? I mean I am probably the biggest Cleary slappy in here. A Wings team with Cleary is better than without, imo.

Edited by HankthaTank, 08 June 2010 - 11:47 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#2 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

He was supposed to fill the void left via free agency and was banged up ALL season long ... so his play was more under the microscope than in past seasons ... a healthy cleary is a goal scoring cleary
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#3 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

He was supposed to fill the void left via free agency and was banged up ALL season long ... so his play was more under the microscope than in past seasons ... a healthy cleary is a goal scoring cleary

I am going to be misunderstood for posting this I already know. But I am allll for what you just said. Healthy Cleary = Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

Cleary's value to the team is higher than anybody's that we could potentially trade for, imo. He's coming off an injury-filled season and his stats (and value to other teams) will reflect that. He's also a player that had developed a bad reputation in organizations not named The Detroit Red Wings. Thus other teams aren't going to want to part ways with much. I say hold onto him and lets see what he can do this year when he's (hopefully) healthy for 82+ games. He seemed pretty optimistic in his last interview about next season.

#5 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

All I know is that Cleary better have a beastly season or there will be no excuses at this time next year.

#6 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

All I know is that Cleary better have a beastly season or there will be no excuses at this time next year.

Agreed.

Posted Image

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

exactly... he has a down year and plays through injuries like a warrior and people get on him!?!? the man is a true warrior and we should be grateful to have him... how quickly people forget 08... anyone who says yes should be ashamed of themselves and is an idiot...

Edited by stevkrause, 08 June 2010 - 11:54 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#8 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

Absolutely agree, but I also think a season without injury will do him tons of good.

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

exactly... he has a down year and plays through injuries like a warrior and people get on him!?!? the man is a true warrior and we should be grateful to have him... how quickly people forget 08... anyone who says yes should be ashamed of themselves and is an idiot...

ABSOFRICKENLUTELY!!!! Posted Image

Clears is taken for granted more than any player.

#10 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

#11 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hell no.

Dan Cleary is exactly what you want in a hockey player. Clears is one of the most versatile guys we have. He is a Jack of All Trades. He can effectively bang and grind on the fourth line, bang grind and score on the 3rd line, create space, bang, score and back check on the 2nd and 1st lines. More versatilve than anyone else we have.

I've seen too many games where the Wings came out flat except for Dan Cleary.

Cleary, the Physical Forechecking Playmaker:

Cleary the Net Minders Menace:

Cleary the Dangler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0GAF0jdXk&feature=related

Cleary the Stand Up Guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsO6YFc2uw&feature=related

Cleary the Fleet of Foot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qOgHvueGVE&feature=related

Edited by T.Low, 08 June 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hell no.

Dan Cleary is exactly what you want in a hockey player. Clears is one of the most versatile guys we have. He is a Jack of All Trades. He can effectively bang and grind on the fourth line, bang grind and score on the 3rd line, create space, bang, score and back check on the 2nd and 1st lines. More versatilve than anyone else we have.

I've seen too many games where the Wings came out flat except for Dan Cleary.

Cleary, the Physical Forechecking Playmaker:

Cleary the Net Minders Menace:

Cleary the Dangler:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0GAF0jdXk&feature=related

Cleary the Stand Up Guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsO6YFc2uw&feature=related

DEAD ON - Anyone who thinks otherwise, doesn't know hockey...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#13 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

Unless he's injured again.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#14 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

No, he's a solid player as many of said.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile, 08 June 2010 - 12:24 PM.

thanks offsides!

#15 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Trust me people, this is sheerly hypothetical. I have seen enough of you guys thinking this should happen. So I want to get the pulse of the people...Do we really want this to be a reality? I mean I am probably the biggest Cleary slappy in here. A Wings team with Cleary is better than without, imo.

a wings team that could trade cleary for a pick and sign andrew ladd (or adam burrish) is better than a wings team with cleary. cleary's best days are now behind him, and his hands are made of stone.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#16 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

No.

Cleary is old school hockey to me.

#17 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

a wings team that could trade cleary for a pick and sign andrew ladd (or adam burrish) is better than a wings team with cleary. cleary's best days are now behind him, and his hands are made of stone.

*facepalm* my friend, no....

Adam Burish or Ben Eager are nothing near the player Cleary is. These hands of stone are 1 year removed from a 9 goal playoff and the injury was the knee. Fail but thanks for the input.

#18 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

wow... just wow...

I'm not even going to elaborate on this one... just, wow....
:huh:

Edited by stevkrause, 08 June 2010 - 12:28 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#19 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Even if you do want to trade Cleary, you'd be selling low on the guy. I'm waiting to see if he can turn it around when fully healthy.

#20 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Dan Cleary is by no means irreplaceable but I really doubt we could get full value for him when he's coming off the injuries he's had.