Photo
- - - - -

Forums Upgraded (minor tinkering remains)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 One4TheWings

One4TheWings

"dc"

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

This place is so easy to navigate through when there's no ads. :thumbup:

I guess we better enjoy it while it lasts.

No webmaster wants to hear this, but the net is so much nicer with AdBlock Plus installed. Available for Firefox and Chrome.
4G1V3N

#22 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

the mobile version is much better! :thumbup:

This x100. The mobile version isn't some minimalistic gobbledygook which you cannot post on without annoyingly changing skins just to log in. Why are so many forums with a dedicated webmaster are so slow to update this despite it being a simple add-on? It is so much easier and more streamlined now with my iPhone's Safari browser that I certainly will post more often from it. This update kicks ass so far.

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Matt!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

The forums look fantastic, Matt. Great job!!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#25 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

No webmaster wants to hear this, but the net is so much nicer with AdBlock Plus installed. Available for Firefox and Chrome.

No, considering this site helps support my family. This place isn't a money-grab for me -- it pays bills (including those it creates). I dislike ads just as much as the next guy, but without the necessarily evil this site certainly wouldn't exist. Your support is appreciated.

(Apologies for the gruffness, but this is a severe sore point with me.)

Back on topic: The fixed skin will be up tonight!

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, but I have IE, and don't want to change it just for ads.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

You know, you can install AdBlock Plus but still allow ads here on this site to help Matt out. It's not an either/or thing. That's what I do. So suck it up and deal with it here.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#28 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

Everyone should now be getting the regular skin, with some minor color tweaking aside. If any of you are experiencing problems, please feel free to contact me through the forum's PM system here. (However, if the issue is color-related -- i.e., something looks a bit off, like a shade of blue or green -- then that's one of the small tweaks I'll be doing over the next couple of days.)

Hope you guys like the updates (better Facebook and Twitter integration, a new Member Map, among a whole myraid of other upgrades)!

#29 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:57 AM

Member map is wicked cool. I started out in the Congo by accident, but eventually I found my house and my old car was still in the driveway.

#30 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

I like the mobile version. Much more iPhone friendly!

That said, two things I was wondering. The mobile version is the default blue & green. Is there any way you can update that to be more like LGW's standard color scheme?

Also, the mobile version shows the member's picture instead of avatars. Is it possible to change that to avatars?

Thanks again for all the hard work!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#31 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

I definitely plan on adjusting the mobile template shortly. I'm not sure about the avatar/photo adjustment -- I'll look into it!