• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Johnnu Boychuk

Rate this topic

I still love Lils and would welcome him back with open arms, but if Johnny Boychuk could be had for around a 1.5 or less, I'd love to see him here - Right handed shot, can play the point on the PP, pretty solid positionally and can hit and I mean HIT...

I still think he'll get a decent raise to stay in Boston due to his age (26), potential and the season he had:

51GP 5G 10A 15PTS +10

Playoffs:

13GP 2G 4A 6PTS 0+/-

EDIT -

MODS - Can you please fix my title? typo...

Edited by stevkrause

Ya id take Boychuk over Lils, we might be able to pick-up Boychuk for a couple reasons there tight to the cap and have alot of UFA/RFA to re-sign and if the rumors are true about them getting Horton they will need to make some space

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Boychuk-Ericcson

Kindl

ill take that

I'd definitely go for him. He's got a rocket of a shot and can play physical as well. Fan favourite in Boston, I think. Is he really going to be available?

Well he is an UFA on July 1st and hasn't been re-signed yet, so... anything is possible really...

Ya id take Boychuk over Lils, we might be able to pick-up Boychuk for a couple reasons there tight to the cap and have alot of UFA/RFA to re-sign and if the rumors are true about them getting Horton they will need to make some space

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Boychuk-Ericsson

Kindl

ill take that

exactly... that's the only reason I even brought it up - I see it as an outside shot, but not impossible, especially if they DO make a run at Horton...

If we offered him 1.5, that's still a considerable raise from his salary last year... I'd love to see him in the Winged Wheel!

Edited by stevkrause

maybe Holland can sweet talk him into signing a 1 yr deal with the Wings for 1-1.5mill then tell Boychuck he will get a longer deal after this season whether Lids retires or stays for another but takes less then they can offer Boychuk more money and more years lol

I really like him, but I think he's going to get a bigger contract the Wings can match. He's a good player though it's worth a shot.

That's what I think too, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility...

MODS - Can you please fix my title? typo...

maybe Holland can sweet talk him into signing a 1 yr deal with the Wings for 1-1.5mill then tell Boychuck he will get a longer deal after this season whether Lids retires or stays for another but takes less then they can offer Boychuk more money and more years lol

haha, probably not very likely given his age, I'm sure his agent will want term in the event of injury/earning potential... but it's nice to think about... one way or another though, he'd be a great fit here...

We could potentially have as much as $2 million to offer, and I think he'd be worth it. But with so few decent young defensemen available this summer, I think there's a good chance someone offers him more than that. I'd love it, but the chance of getting him at 1.5 or less has got to be close to zero.

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Boychuk-Ericcson

Kindl

ill take that

I like to have him here, he would be a good addition. It would be nice to have a good hitter on each line too (if they are set up the way you suggested).

I like to have him here, he would be a good addition. It would be nice to have a good hitter on each line too (if they are set up the way you suggested).

ya thats why i did them like that, lets face it Lids and Raffy are awsome together but guys on the other team dont have to worry about getting lit up when they are out there against them, this way the pairing are still good Kronwall will potentially learn something from playing with Lids same could be said for Stuart and Raffy, but now there is a guy on every pairing that can light someone up

ya thats why i did them like that, lets face it Lids and Raffy are awsome together but guys on the other team dont have to worry about getting lit up when they are out there against them, this way the pairing are still good Kronwall will potentially learn something from playing with Lids same could be said for Stuart and Raffy, but now there is a guy on every pairing that can light someone up

and every pairing has talent too... it's not like they can just hit, there are NO weak pairings in that scenario, each pairing has players who's playing styles VERY heavily compliment one another...

I like this idea, I really do. Although, allow me to play devil's advocate for a second ... $2 million for a guy that's played one kind-of-full season in the NHL, in a move that would kick a relatively established guy like Lilja to the curb, could be a gutsy one. At least, it feels gutsy for Kenny Holland, if nothing else.

You guys are hilarious. What makes anyone think Boston would let him go if he is so good? And if he is so good, why would he sign for the pennies we have left under the cap?

And the people who would take him over Nick Lidstrom based on his ONE YEAR in the bigs? (KingMalice) Puh-leaze...

You guys are hilarious. What makes anyone think Boston would let him go if he is so good? And if he is so good, why would he sign for the pennies we have left under the cap?

And the people who would take him over Nick Lidstrom based on his ONE YEAR in the bigs? (KingMalice) Puh-leaze...

Who the hell said they would take him over Lidstrom?!?!?

Also, the fact is, we're not saying he is a top 2 guy, he would be a bottom pairing guy and only made 500k last year, so 1.5 is a HUGE raise and Boston is up against the cap, ESPECIALLY if they add Horton AND they already have 6 full time, non-waiver exempt defensemen under contract, so it might just be a matter of them not being able to afford him...

Please don't reply if you are going to completely disregard the context of the entire thread...

I like this idea, I really do. Although, allow me to play devil's advocate for a second ... $2 million for a guy that's played one kind-of-full season in the NHL, in a move that would kick a relatively established guy like Lilja to the curb, could be a gutsy one. At least, it feels gutsy for Kenny Holland, if nothing else.

Well, that's where a couple of us differ, I'd rather it be 1.5 or less, however, a right handed shot with PP ability, could bump him to 2... it's something Babs loves and would fit a couple needs...

Like I said in the first place, I'd welcome Lils back with open arms, but I think we'd be remiss to not at least make a call and see if he is an option... and if so, well...

Lol, when I first saw it I thought he said Lids too.

Agree with others about the likelihood being slim, but I'd love to have him. I love Lils but this guy is way better, as he could chip in a lot of offense. If he played a full 82 games he could probably be good for 20-25 points, which I'd take any day from a 3rd line pairing. He's a big guy, hits hard, and protects his own players.

A few questions. Who did he play with in Boston? Did he play on the PK at all? Could he fit on our PK?

no way we get this guy I don't think, he is gonna get a hefty raise, probably the 3rd best hitter in the league last year behind Wilson and Sutton.

I think we should wait and try to get Wilson next year. he is RFA EL this year. Edited by jollymania

This is a copy of a post I made a while back:

#

This is Boston's roster as it stands right now. They have yet to sign Wheeler.... so add about $3 mil.

Patrice Bergeron — $4,750,000

Milan Lucic — $4,083,333

Marc Savard — $4,007,143

Michael Ryder — $4,000,000

David Krejci — $3,750,000

Marco Sturm — $3,500,000

Zach Hamill ($500,000) $1,316,667

Brad Marchand ($165,000) $821,667

Shawn Thornton — $812,500

Trent Whitfield — $550,000

DEFENSEMEN

Zdeno Chara — $7,500,000

Dennis Wideman — $3,937,500

Dennis Seidenberg — $3,250,000

Andrew Ference — $2,250,000

Matt Hunwick — $1,450,000

Jeff Penner ($1,000,000) $1,208,333

GOALTENDERS

Tim Thomas — $5,000,000

Tuukka Rask — $1,250,000

BUYOUTS

Peter Schaefer — $766,667

Patrick Eaves — $-41,667

LOST VIA REENTRY WAIVERS

NONE

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER SIZE 18

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $54,162,143

BONUSES $1,665,000

CAP SPACE $4,302,857

Listed on the roster now are 10 forwards (without Wheeler) and 6 defensemen. Someone said they would sign Hall or Seguin at about $3.75 mil. Obviously doesn't leave a lot of room for Boychuk. If they were going to try to sign him they prolly can give him only around $1 mil or less. Wings could give him 1.3 - 1.6 mil. He has played with Chara and Wideman. What is interesting is that his +10 was second on team behind Chara. Wings could always keep Meech if they don't think Kindl will pan out.

#

In Topic: 6th Defenseman

05 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

The Wings should go after Johnny Boychuk from Boston, 26 yo, big and responsible defensively and a big hitter..... he will become an excellent defenceman.

A Boston fan's assessment of Boychuk:

"He has a BOMB of a shot. It's hard and some what accurate. That is his most valuable skill. He's not really a PP QB, he's a defenseman with a cannon and he does remind me a lot of Souray. Not a great skater, not a great passer, physical, and a huge cannon shot.

He was named the top AHL defenseman of the year. He has good positioning but he needs to play with a really good defenseman or he's going to be exposed. He can't carry a pairing yet. But he hasn't left Chara or Wideman out to dry.

IMO, he's a future #4 defenseman that can play on a team's top PP unit, blasting shots from the point. I don't think he'll ever be a good PMD, but he should be a good physical #4."

This is a copy of a post I made a while back:

#

This is Boston's roster as it stands right now. They have yet to sign Wheeler.... so add about $3 mil.

Listed on the roster now are 10 forwards (without Wheeler) and 6 defensemen. Someone said they would sign Hall or Seguin at about $3.75 mil. Obviously doesn't leave a lot of room for Boychuk. If they were going to try to sign him they prolly can give him only around $1 mil or less. Wings could give him 1.3 - 1.6 mil. He has played with Chara and Wideman. What is interesting is that his +10 was second on team behind Chara. Wings could always keep Meech if they don't think Kindl will pan out.

#

In Topic: 6th Defenseman

05 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

The Wings should go after Johnny Boychuk from Boston, 26 yo, big and responsible defensively and a big hitter..... he will become an excellent defenceman.

A Boston fan's assessment of Boychuk:

"He has a BOMB of a shot. It's hard and some what accurate. That is his most valuable skill. He's not really a PP QB, he's a defenseman with a cannon and he does remind me a lot of Souray. Not a great skater, not a great passer, physical, and a huge cannon shot.

He was named the top AHL defenseman of the year. He has good positioning but he needs to play with a really good defenseman or he's going to be exposed. He can't carry a pairing yet. But he hasn't left Chara or Wideman out to dry.

IMO, he's a future #4 defenseman that can play on a team's top PP unit, blasting shots from the point. I don't think he'll ever be a good PMD, but he should be a good physical #4."

Agreed... the only problem is, that someone else might sign him for even more than we can afford... I don't think he'll be back in Boston one way or another, but at the same token, I don't think our odds are very good either, but I'd LOVE to see him here... I'd even go as far as to seeing Kenny make a minor move to open up space for him... just to free up like 500k so we could offer him in the 2m range... I really think he has potential to be a great d-man and would be a good addition to the second PP unit...