• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Opie

Det possibly interested in Nabby?

Rate this topic

I love Howard, but if we could convince Nabby to come here to try to win a Cup and screw the Sharks for a cut rate salary then I saw we take it in a heartbeat. With Jimmy and Nabby sharing the load, we go into the playoffs without running him into the ground like the Sharks did every year. Ozzie was great, I'm not with those who hate him and run him down, but his time is passing and Nabby and Howard would be awesome.

Why would Nabby take a huge pay cut, instead of just going to the KHL?

Why would we want him? Osgood has 3 cups (Two he can legitimately call his own), and Howard was as good as Nabby last year, if not better during some stretches. Nabby is a proven playoff failure. Not to imply he isn't a good goalie, but he belongs on a team that needs an upgrade in goal tending, not here we're he could easily end up outplayed by a hot streaking Osgood, or a consistent Howard.

The trend is to get away from aging high priced goalies who remain unproven in the playoffs late into their careers. I remember the mistake of taking on Cujo. That really seemed to go well for us. Hasek panned out for a year, but if you look at the team that was in front of him, it put the Hawks 2010 team to shame.

All due respect to Nabby, but this is a ridiculous rumor.

I read somewhere that GM's wont go near Nabby, he basically stopped trying in the Olympics. Im pretty sure it was one of the TSN guys on my twitter, but im not sure.