• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

The rangers are gonna be tough next year..

Very true. Boogaard, Voros, Prust, Brashear. I don't know who all these guys are going to fight, though, even with Konopka and Clarkson in the division. Add Avery in the mix, and I don't know that the dressing room got any happier or more cohesive since the end of the season.

Prust would have been perfect, too bad. Looking more and more like Modano and no grit, could be worse I guess.

it's beginning to look that way but maybe kenny has a trick up his sleeve. Im interested to know what is going on with eaves and miller and how ritola may come into play. If I remeber correctly kenny stated he'd like to add an enforcer wether it be through FA or trade.

Another gone, Winchester re-signs with St Louis for 700k

all these 4th line grit players are flying off the shelf.

panic-button.jpg

Edited by redwingfan19

Very true. Boogaard, Voros, Prust, Brashear. I don't know who all these guys are going to fight, though, even with Konopka and Clarkson in the division. Add Avery in the mix, and I don't know that the dressing room got any happier or more cohesive since the end of the season.

I don't think Brashear will be playing for the Rangers next year and Aaron Voros is a free agent so who knows where he might go.But Boogaard and Prust alone is gonna be a hell of a 4th line.

it's beginning to look that way but maybe kenny has a trick up his sleeve. Im interested to know what is going on with eaves and miller and how ritola may come into play. If I remeber correctly kenny stated he'd like to add an enforcer wether it be through FA or trade.

all these 4th line grit players are flying off the shelf.

Drew Miller for Jared Boll?

What makes you think that Holland would trade for enforcer??? There were plenty of enforcers in UFA pool... It's just not lgoical to trade for enforcer when you can sign him.

I don't think Brashear will be playing for the Rangers next year and Aaron Voros is a free agent so who knows where he might go.But Boogaard and Prust alone is gonna be a hell of a 4th line.

Drew Miller for Jared Boll?

There is no way that they will trade Boll for Miller... Send him offer sheet

He was borderline bottom tier for me but yeah, this is the more depressing of the 2 days so far.

Modano is coming here. Its hard to even doubt it anymore.

i doubt modano comes here, he wont take less than 1M and someone will give him a decent offer.

Real_ESPNLeBrun

Mike Modano via text message says Red Wings only team to call so far but said, ``if there is only one not a bad one to be.''

EDIT Me talking:

I have no idea why teams don't want this guy as a positive veteran voice in the dressing room. Does everyone else just assume he only wants to play in Detroit?

Love it.

I just assume that everyone else is busy trying to get guys to help them over the long term. Really only like six teams max would be looking for short term help of a year or so to win a cup, and most of them have nothing to offer a guy like that.

I guess they could always just drop the gloves against each other :lol:

He was borderline bottom tier for me but yeah, this is the more depressing of the 2 days so far.

Modano is coming here. Its hard to even doubt it anymore.

I just dont get why these days are depressing. When you were right up against the cap last year and add a player making 2.8 basically to your roster before FA starts, I don't see getting upset over players that we basically can't sign.

I would get depressed if some of these tough guys we are talking about came to Holland and turned down less of an offer and then they go and win a cup with someone else. Otherwise I am going forward with my team which I like a bunch. These days are great because if nothing else Chicago is falling apart. I wish they lost last year...

Cheer up boyo! We still have some great players on our team!

Edited by Majsheppard

We still have some great players on our team!

More than aware of that my good man. Yet I have MY wish list which comared to whom Kenny is looking at is soooo far from the same. I am very excited about the next few weeks here as I feel we will still do something. New faces are good to see every once and a while but the faces we still have and the one happy guy we have coming back makes me do one of these :thumbup:

Trust me no wrist slitting here lol. I am ready for the 4th of July weekend anyway. Might kick back have a Summer Shandy or 20 and go to the Tigers game tomorrow. Heck, might even add Home Depot to the mix, there really is no telling.

GO WINGS

Edited by HankthaTank

More than aware of that my good man. Yet I have MY wish list which comared to whom Kenny is looking at is soooo far from the same. I am very excited about the next few weeks here as I feel we will still do something. New faces are good to see every once and a while but the faces we still have and the one happy guy we have coming back makes me do one of these :thumbup:

Trust me no wrist slitting here lol. I am ready for the 4th of July weekend anyway. Might kick back have a Summer Shandy or 20 and go to the Tigers game tomorrow. Heck, might even add Home Depot to the mix, there really is no telling.

GO WINGS

Sounds like a plan!!!

I plan on getting in a ton of hockey, if I overcome the recent concussion!

Maybe we can convince Philly that Leino was so good that they owe us future considerations and lets us get Carcillo on the cheap!