• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Coburn, 2 years, cap hit of $3.2M/year.

Also, apparently Gonchar would have accepted the same deal in Pittsburgh, but they were weary of the 35+ rule.

EDITED for correction.

Edited by edicius

Dont let it dissapoint you to much. Ive heard the exact opposite about Mike. Heard he is great with fans. Ive had freidns that have met him and said he was awesome to meet and didnt have a bad word to say about him. Of course there are going to be stories of the "bad" interactions people ahve with him, because noone is perfect. People are more likely to make public the interactions where people come off less than flattering, and are less likely to make public the interactions where the athlete is polite and great. Everyone has bad days, and you cant please everyone.

Very true. I've seen our own Captain Nick blow off fans. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There's just times when you don't want to be bothered. And I honestly don't blame any player for that.

I've got to head back to work in a few minutes and I have NO internet access!!!!! :(

Dont let it dissapoint you to much. Ive heard the exact opposite about Mike. Heard he is great with fans. Ive had freidns that have met him and said he was awesome to meet and didnt have a bad word to say about him. Of course there are going to be stories of the "bad" interactions people ahve with him, because noone is perfect. People are more likely to make public the interactions where people come off less than flattering, and are less likely to make public the interactions where the athlete is polite and great. Everyone has bad days, and you cant please everyone.

I've also read that he's less of a jerk since he got married. *shrug*

One story I found though:

So I was assisting on a photo shoot for a couple of Dallas Stars. We did some shots on the ice and then we were setting up for a shoot in the locker room before the players got in there. Modano came in early and was a real ******. He was pointing at the equipment and started yelling "Get this s*** outta here!" and when no one responded he pointed at me and said, "Hey you! Hey you little s***! Get this s*** outta here!" At first I was like, is Modano calling me a little s***? I'm 6'4" and just minding my own business and some hot shot hockey player starts calling me a little s***.

Very true. I've seen our own Captain Nick blow off fans. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There's just times when you don't want to be bothered. And I honestly don't blame any player for that.

I've got to head back to work in a few minutes and I have NO internet access!!!!! :(

Modano plays in the NHL nad has a hot wife, you would expect someone like that to be content with it

Guest Crymson

Come on Kenny!

Yeah, come on, Kenny! I know you're good enough to totally circumvent the salary cap!

Depends on what you consider "blowing off fans". I can hardly believe Lidstrom would say anything derogatory to an autograph seeker or fan. Maybe stay silent on a bad day or something, but not act like a ******. The guy is just too nice a guy. Modano doesn't just "blow off fans", he insults them. He goes to resturaunts and demands no one goes near his table. He tells people who work for the Stars organization to "stay the hell away from him". And, as previously mentioned, he tells a sweet young fan who wants nothing more then an autograph to f*** off.

Listen to NHL Live sometime, theres been two occasions that people have called to vent about their horrible encounter with him. Ugh.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Depends on what you consider "blowing off fans". I can hardly believe Lidstrom would say anything derogatory to an autograph seeker or fan. Maybe stay silent on a bad day or something, but not act like a ******. The guy is just too nice a guy. Modano doesn't just "blow off fans", he insults them. He goes to resturaunts and demands no one goes near his table. He tells people who work for the Stars organization doing photo shoots to "stay the hell away from him". And, as previously mentioned, he tells a sweet young fan who wants nothing more then an autograph to f*** off.

Listen to NHL Live sometime, theres been two occasions that people have called to vent about their horrible encounter with him. Ugh.

maybe he's softened up in his old age

:ph34r:

Guest Crymson

pretty good deal for CGY if he can regain some of the form he had there before...

That's a big *if*, and the same could in any event be said of Bertuzzi :D

I hope we sign Modano now because people are saying he IS a ******... then he comes here, puts up 40 points for 900K, saves some children from a burning building and then some of you guys can eat crow.

And he'll still be a prick, if he was one before. People can dislike skilled players who are arses off the ice.