Kiprusoff

Brodeur

Backstrom

Lundqvist

Vokoun

Luongo

Fleury

Howard

I didn't too much though in the order so much, but it seems close enough to me.

Edited by StayClassy

Why is Luongo so high on everyone's list? The guy hasn't won anything, and he always s***s the bed in big games and the playoffs. Most overrated player in the NHL

totally agree, his numbers in the reguler season where even subpar last season.

Miller

Bryzgalov

Kiprusoff

Brodeur

Backstrom

Lundqvist

Vokoun

Luongo

Fleury

Howard

I didn't too much though in the order so much, but it seems close enough to me.

Please tell me you didn't purposely leave Halak, Rinne, and Anderson off the list just to squeeze Howard in there....

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

Marc Andre Fleury is so overrated it hurts.

For starters a 2.65 GAA is hardly something to brag about, especially when you play on a great team.

Lets forget GAA for a second though because I know people like to bring up SV%.

MARC ANDRE FLEURY

2005/2006 .898

2006/2007 .906

2007/2008 .921

2008/2009 .912

2009/2010 .905

JEAN SEBASTIEN GIGUERE

2005/2006 .911

2006/2007 .918

2007/2008 .922

2008/2009 .900

2009/2010 .916 (With Toronto)

Does anyone see the irony here? JS Giguere is a past his prime pile of puke according to many people and yet Fleury makes the Top 10 in some cases? Give me a break!!! Put Marc-Andre on the Leafs and see if he can pull off a GAA lower than 3.20 and a save % higher than .900. I highly doubt he can.

Edited by puffy

Well can't you kind of say the same thing about Jimmy's rookie season?

I'd say an entire season beats out a month and a half of hockey. Halak's regular season stats aren't terrible, but they're not top 10 worthy. Howard should be rated in that category for this season mainly due to the fact that he was a rookie and posted veteran stats.

This is silly. Lots of goaltenders have 1 good year and then fizzle. Even friken Cristobal Huet had 1 good year. Therefore, Jimmy doesn't qualify and neither does Craig Anderson or Steve Mason.

2 or 3 good years as well as at least 1 good playoff IMO is necessary. Therefore, strike Luongo, Jimmy, Peke Rinne, Steve Mason, etc.

This is silly. Lots of goaltenders have 1 good year and then fizzle. Even friken Cristobal Huet had 1 good year. Therefore, Jimmy doesn't qualify and neither does Craig Anderson or Steve Mason.

2 or 3 good years as well as at least 1 good playoff IMO is necessary. Therefore, strike Luongo, Jimmy, Peke Rinne, Steve Mason, etc.

But Lou only let in 5 this time around instead of 7, he improved!!

Average sv%?

Vokoun has been one of the league's best goaltenders for nearly a decade and nobody gives him credit. Vokoun has better playoff numbers than Luongo on worse teams, his save percentage has been .918 or better six of the past seven seasons. Luongo only four in the last seven. Vokoun has hit .919, .920, .925, and .926 in the past four seasons compared to Luongo's .913, .917, .920, and .921.

But as far as Panthers tenure?

Vokoun is .919, .925, .926 in save percentage. Luongo's save percentages were .920, .915, .918, .931, .914.

So Vokoun has outperformed Luongo both in direct competition and in comparison of their time with Florida. Vokoun also has singlehandedly carried his team to the playoffs in the past, something Luongo was never able to do.

The two goalies have comparable career statistics, so given the fact that Vokoun has been the better goalie recently and the two have equal careers, any top-goalies list which includes Luongo must include Vokoun.

Great post.

I've always liked Vokoun and thought he was a very good goaltender. I couldn't believe the Preds picked Mason over him pretty much based on 40 games performance. It's unfortunate that Vokoun has remained somewhat in the shadows because of the less than stellar teams he plays for.

Maybe the fans in Florida should start yelling "Vooooouuuuuu!" anytime he makes a routine save.

Here's the save percentages. First, Career ranking by regular season with at least 80 games

Hiller .920

Luongo, Lunquist, Backstrom, Thomas .918

Voukun .916

Miller, Kipper, Brodeur, Bryz, Rinne .914

Anderson, Giggy, Huet, .913 ---yes, that's Cristobal Huet

Turco .911

Quick, Khabby .908

Fleury .906

Ward, Ozzie .905

Howard and Niemi not enough games

Now Career Playoffs with at least 20 games

Bryz, Giggy .925

Kipper .921

Luongo, Brodeur .919

Miller, Khabby, Ward .917

Ozzie .916

Turco .914

Fleury .911

Niemi .910

Lunquist .907

All others less than 20 games.

Sorry about some of the spellings. So, if playoffs are more important than the regular season, then the 10 best proven playoff goalies are

Bryz

Giggy

Kipper

Luongo

Brodeur

Miller

Khabby

Ward

Ozzie

Turco

As I suspected neither Niemi or Fleury are in the top 10 for the playoffs. They are overrated.