• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CdnWingsFanEh

Tough Guy: Memoir of Bob Probert

Rate this topic

I got this one for Christmas. A good book in terms of Bob's life, but a horribly written book.

Maybe it's just the journalist in me, but I had to re-read certain sections just to make them make sense. The ghost writer should have cleaned it up a bit more to not make Bob sound like a completely uneducated boob. That's the reason you have a ghost writer.

I got this one for Christmas. A good book in terms of Bob's life, but a horribly written book.

Maybe it's just the journalist in me, but I had to re-read certain sections just to make them make sense. The ghost writer should have cleaned it up a bit more to not make Bob sound like a completely uneducated boob. That's the reason you have a ghost writer.

It absolutely is, you can tell Bob Probert wrote this book. There are times when he'll be talking about one thing, go off on something unrelated, and then go back to what he was originally talking about all in one or two paragraphs. And I definitely could have done without all the "you knows?" he used. Yes, Bob, I know. That's why I'm reading your book.

But I thought it was good. My uncle was addicted to cocaine for a while so I can kinda relate to what Bob and his family went through. Props to Dani for sticking with him through all the s***, not many would.

*edit* Everyone should read it just for the paragraph where he goes off about how much of a effing ahole Bettman is and how he ruined the game. I've never laughed so hard. Right on Probie, right on.

Edited by dallas27

Because, like many Wings fans and hockey fans in general, I looked up to him growing up. He was one of my hockey idols, and I learned to respect him even more after he finally got his act together. Sure, he had his issues, but it was his perserverance that makes me, and many others respect him. He recognized he had problems, and he worked at it. Sure, it took him a while, but he eventually cleaned himself up. It is unfortunate his life was so short, but he will always be remembered.

This times a zillion.

Perfection makes a boring story. Redemption makes a great one.

i got today at borders for $19. skimmed through the first chapter a little and it sounds very interesting/what happened the day he died and how he went about his day. i remember that day very well. can't wait to read the whole book.

i love reading true stories on sports players.

Edited by hokeychik22