• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2010-11 NBA Season Thread

Rate this topic

I agree. Did you know that Joe D was faced with a trade offer from Danny Ainge in the summer of '09 that would have given us Rondo and Ray Allen for Rip, Prince and Stuckey, and he quickly turned it down? Fast forward to today, and Rondo is considered one of the best point guards in the league next to Nash, Paul and Williams. Meanwhile, Stuckey still hasn't figured out his position and is the biggest cancer in the locker room and Rip and Prince are just logjams in a loaded front court. For every questionable decision Joe D has made post-championship, and there's many, this has to be high on the list. It's sad that our best passer is a guy making like league minimum, plays about 10 minutes a game and has no legs at all. This team looks to be in horrible shape, with yet no buyer since Illitch backed out, and is going into further trouble if there is going to be a lockout.

I had heard about that proposed trade. s***, Boston would never do it but I would take that trade still for just Rondo alone. I agree with everything you said. This team is in shambles. Last night against the Warriors was yet another example. Prince and Kuester going at it (again) on the sideline during the game. I always thought Prince was very overrated, so his entire act this season is really annoying to me. Stop bitching about the coach Tayshaun and learn to take a jump shot that doesn't line drive its way to the basket. Joe D needs to use that expiring contract and get Prince out of here for something valuable. I like watching the bench play more than the starters. Give me Gordon, Villanueva, McGrady and Monroe over Stuckey, Rip, Prince and Big Ben any day. Big Ben has actually been fine, but let's play the hell out of Monroe and see what he's got.

I had heard about that proposed trade. s***, Boston would never do it but I would take that trade still for just Rondo alone. I agree with everything you said. This team is in shambles. Last night against the Warriors was yet another example. Prince and Kuester going at it (again) on the sideline during the game. I always thought Prince was very overrated, so his entire act this season is really annoying to me. Stop bitching about the coach Tayshaun and learn to take a jump shot that doesn't line drive its way to the basket. Joe D needs to use that expiring contract and get Prince out of here for something valuable. I like watching the bench play more than the starters. Give me Gordon, Villanueva, McGrady and Monroe over Stuckey, Rip, Prince and Big Ben any day. Big Ben has actually been fine, but let's play the hell out of Monroe and see what he's got.

I agree about Prince. I've always thought the same thing as well. He needs to go. I remember that Boston trade, and laughed Ainge actually even offered it. I don't blame Joe D on that one, because at the time I think everyone would have freaked out and called for Dumars head. Looking back now though wow that would have been nice.

A guy I think we could get for cheap is Sessions from Minnesota. He's very underrated if you ask me, and Minn has a log jam at PG. A real big one if Rubio ever comes over.

Well our wish could come true as we seem to be big players in helping Carmelo getting traded out of Denver by being the third team involved if New York can muster something. I'm not sure who else we'd get rid of, but Tayshaun will most likely be a piece in the deal since he has an expiring contract.

I remember that Boston trade, and laughed Ainge actually even offered it. I don't blame Joe D on that one, because at the time I think everyone would have freaked out and called for Dumars head. Looking back now though wow that would have been nice.

Yes, I remember people not wanting him to make the trade, but I was the opposite. They won the championship the year prior and he really came through for them after being called the weakest link of that team, and coming off that 08-09 season his averages were 11.9 pts, 8.2 assists and 5.3 rebounds, while coming around to being the steal threat that he's become today. Stuckey meanwhile was still learning the position after Dumars traded Billups that season, and the only thing Stuckey had in his favor was size and strength. He's a good 2, can attack the rim (perhaps too much) and has a decent shot. But he's not a pure PG like Rondo at the time, and still is. I was praying that trade went through as I believed Rondo was the perfect replacement for Billups.

If that trade did happen, then we could have either resigned Allen or let him go for cap space and built the team accordingly around Rondo, which if we let him go then we would have signed CV and Gordon, a young team and a championship calibre PG leading them. Kuester would also not have his hands full trying to train a PG since Rondo has the vision and smarts. I wonder how good we could have been? Defensively we'd still be weak, but our offense would probably be up there with the top teams me thinks.

I'd also like to add that I don't think Tay is really overrated, but I don't think he's the type of player to have an offense ran through, and doesn't have the leadership qualities like Billups and the Wallace's have. Him and Stuckey keep running their mouths and things they don't agree with the coach about, and the other veterans like Rip and Ben are just keeping their mouths shut along with the rookies and sophomores.

It's sad when you think about it too, this team has always had the attitude that it's their way and no one's going to tell them what to do because they've had this self-entitlement after winning the championship.

I'd also like to add that I don't think Tay is really overrated, but I don't think he's the type of player to have an offense ran through, and doesn't have the leadership qualities like Billups and the Wallace's have. Him and Stuckey keep running their mouths and things they don't agree with the coach about, and the other veterans like Rip and Ben are just keeping their mouths shut along with the rookies and sophomores.

It's sad when you think about it too, this team has always had the attitude that it's their way and no one's going to tell them what to do because they've had this self-entitlement after winning the championship.

The attitude has to go. It will poison the younger guys, and then there will be bigger problems. It's good to have Ben around (I was against the signing at the time..have since changed my tune on that), but I'm sure he doesn't have the same voice in the locker room as he once had..

I absolutely hate this team. Look at yesterday's starting 5:

Stuckey: 6-15, 17 points. 1 assist, awesome.

Hamilton: 4-12, 12 points. WHY IS HE STILL A PISTON?!

Wallace: 2 points, 6 rebounds, sigh, waste of time.

Maxiell: 1-6, 2 points, 4 rebounds. Worst player in the NBA.

Prince: 2-7, 6 points. Absolute joke that he's still in this team.

Monroe 6 points, 8 rebounds, just start him for crying out loud, this year is already a mess, might as well get SOMETHING out of it.

Man this team is a complete and utter joke. I could handle losing but losing and still playing the same old washed up guys, why bother?

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I absolutely hate this team. Look at yesterday's starting 5:

Stuckey: 6-15, 17 points. 1 assist, awesome.

Hamilton: 4-12, 12 points. WHY IS HE STILL A PISTON?!

Wallace: 2 points, 6 rebounds, sigh, waste of time.

Maxiell: 1-6, 2 points, 4 rebounds. Worst player in the NBA.

Prince: 2-7, 6 points. Absolute joke that he's still in this team.

Monroe 6 points, 8 rebounds, just start him for crying out loud, this year is already a mess, might as well get SOMETHING out of it.

Man this team is a complete and utter joke. I could handle losing but losing and still playing the same old washed up guys, why bother?

Agree. Start Monroe, Daye, Gordon, Charlie V, and Bynum. Might as well half those guys need experience anyways. It would also pave the way for a No. 1 pick.

Great performance by the Pistons today, 97-72 loss to Miami.

Check out these blinding performances by our starters!

Hamilton: 3-11, 9 points.

Stuckey: 1-7, 8 points.

Wallace: 2-4, 4 points.

Prince: 4-11, 8 points.

Maxiell: 1-4, 2 points.

A combined 31 points from our starters. Way to go Pistons!! :clap:

Great performance by the Pistons today, 97-72 loss to Miami.

Check out these blinding performances by our starters!

Hamilton: 3-11, 9 points.

Stuckey: 1-7, 8 points.

Wallace: 2-4, 4 points.

Prince: 4-11, 8 points.

Maxiell: 1-4, 2 points.

A combined 31 points from our starters. Way to go Pistons!! :clap:

Seriously we need to trade all 5 or these bums.... maybe Ben Wallace can stay but OMG that's depressing.

The funny thing about our predicament is that say we do get a lottery pick, well everything that I'm reading is that this draft class isn't really as strong with top-heavy talent like you usually see every year for the first 3-5 picks or so. Of course that could change, but for right now this team looks to be headed to being a bottom feeder for a few years.

So the Pistons blew a 25 pt 3rd quarter lead at home against one of the weakest teams in the league tonight in Toronto.... this team is just an embarrassment to the franchise and the city right now.

Edited by Cruiser008

The New Jersey Nets' attempts to acquire Denver's Carmelo Anthony are "further along" than any trade scenario that has been discussed since their near-acquisition of Anthony in late September, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Anthony

Anthony

A three-team deal involving the Detroit Pistons that would include at least 15 players -- with Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups winding up in New Jersey with Anthony -- could be completed as soon as this week, sources said.

The primary elements of the scenario currently on the table, sources said, call for New Jersey to acquire Anthony, Billups and Hamilton; Denver to land Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow and at least two first-round picks; and Detroit to acquire Troy Murphy and Johan Petro.

Other players with smaller contracts would have to be included to make the salary-cap math work.

One key to the advancing nature of negotiations, sources said, is the Nets' and Nuggets' willingness to complete a trade without asking Detroit to surrender a first-round pick.

When the talks involving Detroit as a potential third-team facilitator were first reported Friday night by the Bergen Record of New Jersey, sources told ESPN.com that the Pistons were balking largely because they were being asked to surrender a first-rounder.

Yet sources said one of the remaining potential snags is New Jersey's insistence that the Pistons absorb the contract of Petro.

The Pistons do not want to take back Petro, even though shedding Hamilton's contract in exchange for Murphy and the Nets' center would represent an overall savings of roughly $17 million.

Sources say Detroit's stance on Petro has prompted New Jersey to begin looking for a fourth team that might be willing to take on the 24-year-old big man.

The Nets turned to Detroit to help seal their months-long pursuit of Anthony after attempts to rope in Cleveland, Minnesota and Portland as a third-team facilitator failed to progress.

Any trade for Anthony, however, still hinges on the All-Star forward's willingness to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets as part of the transaction in what is known as an extend-and-trade. The Boston Celtics got the same extend-and-trade commitment from Kevin Garnett when they acquired him from Minnesota in July 2007.

The Nets have made it clear that they will not agree to an Anthony deal without getting his signature on an extension a la Garnett. ESPN.com reported last month that the Nets plan to request permission -- and have already been told they will receive it -- to meet with Anthony face-to-face if a trade agreement is eventually struck with Denver. That would allow owner Mikhail Prokhorov and part-owner Jay-Z to lead a Nets contingent that would try to lobby the Brooklyn-born Anthony directly on the team's future, with the Nets planning to move to Brooklyn in time for the 2012-13 season.

The Nets long ago committed to send prized rookie Favors, former All-Star Harris and at least two first-round picks to the Nuggets in exchange for Anthony.

But New Jersey has been attempting to find a third team to help facilitate the blockbuster deal for Anthony that they've been chasing since the September collapse of a four-team swap involving Charlotte and Utah.

One source close to the situation insisted Sunday that the Nets -- optimistic as this sounds -- believe a face-to-face meeting with Prokhorov won't even be necessary to get Anthony's signoff if New Jersey can indeed acquire Billups and Hamilton. It was not immediately clear, though, how Denver native Billups' reported desire to seek a buyout if he's traded by his hometown team to the Nets would affect Anthony's stance.

What did seem clear Sunday is that the talks have taken on their most serious tone since the negotiations in February that would have landed Harris in Charlotte and Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko in Denver.

The New York Knicks remain Anthony's strongly preferred destination, sources say, but Denver has shown little interest in the Knicks' assets (such as Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields and Danilo Gallinari) and have been negotiating almost exclusively with the Nets for weeks.

With Favors and a cache of first-round picks it can move, New Jersey has a far more attractive war chest of trade assets. It likewise appears the Nets will not abandon their pursuit of Anthony until they're told directly by the All-Star forward that he would not sign an extension with them, which is the message some sources close to the process still believe New Jersey will get, as reported in December by ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

Nets officials, though, have remained quietly confident for months that Anthony, born in Brooklyn, ultimately would agree to the extension -- no matter how much he'd prefer to play in New York -- to ensure that he locks in his contract before labor negotiations this summer that are expected to establish a much more restrictive financial landscape in the league.

One source close to the talks said Sunday afternoon that the deal could be clinched if the Nets can find a fourth team willing to absorb Petro's salary. Detroit has been restricted in its attempts to make roster moves in recent months because of the team's pending sale, but sources told ESPN.com on Friday that the Pistons would be very interested if a trade scenario developed where they only had to surrender Hamilton and take back Murphy.

The Nets and Nuggets, meanwhile, have not stopped looking for other teams beyond Detroit that would be interested in joining the trade, since Denver does not have a strong need for Harris with young guard Ty Lawson on the roster. New Jersey and Denver have likewise continued to discuss trade possibilities with the Nuggets that don't involve any other teams.

Sources: New Jersey Nets' blockbuster trade for Carmelo Anthony of Denver Nuggets taking shape - ESPN New York