Photo
- - - - -

10/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#521 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

I noticed our PP seemed to be playing a umbrella style for a good part of the game it seemed like we had 3 players at the blue line, one along the side boards and the other sometimes in front of the net. No down low plays for the most part.

Any way's the PP sucked. Hopefully they can work it out by Thursday.

On another note i thought Kindl played a good game. He jumped in the play, was pro active and I personally didn't notice any glaring WTF moments from him.

What was wierd is that Babs sat Homer during the 4 minute PP at least that's Ken and Murphy said.

I think Kindl has Ericsson's spot now. Not only is he doing the little things right but he is also like you said pinching just a little bit.

#522 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

What was wierd is that Babs sat Homer during the 4 minute PP at least that's Ken and Murphy said.

I think Kindl has Ericsson's spot now. Not only is he doing the little things right but he is also like you said pinching just a little bit.

Babcock mentioned during the post-game interview that he sat him on purpose just to switch things up.

#523 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Seems like the two points they got were an ugly set of points. But whatever. Points are points. Hell I'd be thankful if they were able to get some more ugly goals. Soon they'll have a good game and we'll forget all about this one.

#524 himmy

himmy

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

The Wings are flying high over Kansas right now! GO WINGS! http://flightaware.c...e/flight/N682RW That was a epic OT goal! haha

#525 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:48 AM

The Wings are flying high over Kansas right now! GO WINGS! http://flightaware.c...e/flight/N682RW That was a epic OT goal! haha

How did you know what flight they are on?
mccarty3

#526 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

How did you know what flight they are on?

Flight designation N682RW is only for Red Wing 1. Its a private plane.
Posted Image

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#527 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

Damn Rafalski is missed on the PP... it was absolutely horrendous... Modano just isn't a good fit on the pp, but I guess that was one of the promises when he signed here, that he would get pp-time

#528 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

The first period was awful. After that though, I think things really picked up pretty well for us.

Obviously, the PP needs work but our PK was great.

Posted Image

#529 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

I also think Howard needs to play the puck more and not cover it up every single time he gets it, he had plenty of time to give it to a player, instead he covered it up for a dangerous defensive zone faceoff, if coyotes wins it and gets a shot off the point that's always dangerous so he needs to avoid that.

#530 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

It seems like the Wings like to teeter on the border of below average to average when it comes to having a good start. And as much as possible my comment is really just an objective observation. This is the way it's been for years. Not just last season or the year before but also during the year of the cup run and many, many years before that as well. And yeah I know they're not the only team that does that.

But I'm not gonna lie, I get sick of hearing "We didn't get off to a good start" after the game is over.

Yet, as I let go of all of those thoughts, overall I'm very happy they found a way to win.

#531 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

I also think Howard needs to play the puck more and not cover it up every single time he gets it, he had plenty of time to give it to a player, instead he covered it up for a dangerous defensive zone faceoff, if coyotes wins it and gets a shot off the point that's always dangerous so he needs to avoid that.

If a goalie stops a puck and there are opposing players in the immediate vicinity, the goalie freezes the puck. I don't see what it is you're looking for.

#532 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

If a goalie stops a puck and there are opposing players in the immediate vicinity, the goalie freezes the puck. I don't see what it is you're looking for.

yea, most of the times that I saw is Pheonix used their speed to get to the net quickly causing the faceoff. Howard did the right thing instead of throwing the puck to the defensemen and cause a turnover.

#533 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

The Wings had a short bench though. It makes sense to slow the game down.

Last season Howard wasn't quite in sync with his teammates as to when and where to put the puck back in play. A defensive zone faceoff may not be that much more dangerous in certain situations.

#534 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Game highlights now included in the OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#535 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

I was there, I was drunk, it was great!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#536 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

Damn Rafalski is missed on the PP... it was absolutely horrendous... Modano just isn't a good fit on the pp, but I guess that was one of the promises when he signed here, that he would get pp-time

I'm gonna give Mikey-Mo a little more time to adjust before I pass that heavy of a judgment on him. Not flamin, just sayin....
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/