• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Brown Gets ejected for clean hit

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Never mind the fact that this looks like a clean hit to me. The very fact that we are even having an argument about where the principle point of contact is shows how stupidly ticky tack this stuff is.

What is it about checks from behind that charging, boarding, or intent to injure didn't cover? This is a rather futile attempt to prevent injuries in a sport that is a) very fast, b) very physical, thus c) nearly impossible to prevent injuries from, especially by the manner they are trying to just throw in rules as a prevention of stuff that is going to happen anyways. Has all these pointless ticky tack helmet, roughing, and all these other rules in the NFL prevented injuries? No. Why? People fricken jump all over each other and tackle other players. Physical sports carry a risk. The more rules they keep adding like this will make the NHL less like hockey and more like the NFL, and will get a similar product which is a bogged down game with too many stoppages for silly penalties/rules. Who the f*** wants to see that? I sure don't.

Edited by Shoreline

Never mind the fact that this looks like a clean hit to me. The very fact that we are even having an argument about where the principle point of contact is shows how stupidly ticky tack this stuff is.

What is it about checks from behind that charging, boarding, or intent to injure didn't cover? This is a rather futile attempt to prevent injuries in a sport that is a) very fast, b) very physical, thus c) nearly impossible to prevent injuries from, especially by the manner they are trying to just throw in rules as a prevention of stuff that is going to happen anyways. Has all these pointless ticky tack helmet, roughing, and all these other rules in the NFL prevented injuries? No. Why? People fricken jump all over each other and tackle other players. Physical sports carry a risk. The more rules they keep adding like this will make the NHL less like hockey and more like the NFL, and will get a similar product which is a bogged down game with too many stoppages for silly penalties/rules. Who the f*** wants to see that? I sure don't.

agreed

Stoke the flames abit here, if he hit the head or not, looks like he caught enough head area to me, but whatever. It was not needed.

Because the boy flipped and it was fun to see everyone is desperite to defend this hit, Brown got beat and knew he couldn't stop the shot.

He was out of position because he threw that big hit on Zanon.

Brown changes his skating lane and not into him, but infront of him, close to Doan style.

Refs did what was right after boarderline hit on Zanon and then the run at Mittens.

Both players saw him coming, but that still doesn't make it right. Brown complains but doesn't look surprised either.

The whole point is that this hit is not needed, he didn't stop the shot and had no chance to, and shouldn't risk injuring someone just because you can.

Brown needed the night off, if the league gives him a game, i wont cry, anything more than that would be rough, but, hopefully end this style hit.

If this was Franzen hit like this we'd all have torches, and if it doesn't stop, it eventually will affect our team.

Stoke the flames abit here, if he hit the head or not, looks like he caught enough head area to me, but whatever. It was not needed.

Because the boy flipped and it was fun to see everyone is desperite to defend this hit, Brown got beat and knew he couldn't stop the shot.

He was out of position because he threw that big hit on Zanon.

Brown changes his skating lane and not into him, but infront of him, close to Doan style.

Refs did what was right after boarderline hit on Zanon and then the run at Mittens.

Both players saw him coming, but that still doesn't make it right. Brown complains but doesn't look surprised either.

The whole point is that this hit is not needed, he didn't stop the shot and had no chance to, and shouldn't risk injuring someone just because you can.

Brown needed the night off, if the league gives him a game, i wont cry, anything more than that would be rough, but, hopefully end this style hit.

If this was Franzen hit like this we'd all have torches, and if it doesn't stop, it eventually will affect our team.

Huh? A point to hitting is to wear done your opponent, and especially in a high traffic shooting area. It was a needed hit, he did his job in trying to get the guy to mess up his shot. What's he going to do, let him wind up a slap shot from the top of a the circle? I mean really, it's hockey, you should be able to hit a player with the puck anywhere on the ice legally with your shoulder, that's how the is meant to be played, and has been played since it's inception.

Elbow to head hits, and i'll even get you hits like the Richards hit where 100% of the head is hit and nothing else deserve to be punished. But if you are going to start enforcing these hits to the head that just hit part of the head in the open ice it will severally limit the style of play of playing defense from the very fundamentals. Hockey is a tough game, always has been and always will be. There is no reason a shoulder check should be illegal.