• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Paging Finnish Wing, Paging Finnish Wing

Rate this topic

Im still glad he is gone. Leino would not have 10pts if he was still playing here.

that's not the point of the thread...

I personally think chemistry is the MAIN thing. Chemistry and hustle will always trump pure talent... hell sometimes hustle alone is enough. I figured Ville would eventually find a niche somewhere. The talent was obvious. Good for him he found it so quickly in Philly.

That's what I was thinking. Twenty points. Lol. You deserve to eat MASSIVE amounts of crow for that statement. :)

Why is it that crazy all things considered? At the time, I never thought he would be a legit NHL'er - If a guy doesn't play in the NHL, he can't score in the NHL and that was the premise.

I honestly thought he was a flash in the pan and would have something like 10 pts in 40 games, then get waived, and as he made perfectly clear, wouldn't have accepted the AHL and bounced back to Finland...

This is why I created this thread, to admit I was wrong on that very premise :)

I've been working on my military service in the army, so I've been away pretty much all the time. I'm happy that Leino has continued with his strong play from last year's playoffs. I think it's right for people to give him some credit even if he is no superstar.

Guest mindfly

I couldn't understand the...

To WSH: Fleischman, 1st rounder (Mike Green), 4th rounder for........... Robert Lang :ph34r:

the f***...

Did I read BFF Line? Really? I certainly hope that is not an official line name that the Wings use! I understand that it is the initials of the players but BFF=***. How about a little more creativty, like using the initials in this order FBF, which could be translated to Four By Four, then it could put down as 4X4 Line. A little silly I know, but not as *** as BFF...

...meanwhile back on topic, hooray for Leino, he showed some flash when he played a game or two with the Twins, but he never found a niche here. If we hadn't signed Bertuzzi, for God's sake, Hudler probably would have been on the second line! :puke:

To WSH: Fleischman, 1st rounder (Mike Green), 4th rounder for........... Robert Lang :ph34r:

the f***...

Well, looking back now, it's easy to not understand it, but when the trade happened Lang was a 70-80 point scorer. Who'd of thought he would hurt himself and turn into a turd sniffer here? Not the first time we've given up a lot to get what turned out to be crap! (one particular trade between the Blues and Wings comes to mind)

Guest Shoreline

the f***...

Well, you just became a fan of the Wings and just started following the NHL so I'll let you pass on this one.

Lang wasn't supposed to be the bust he turned out to be. Like Hatcher, and Ulf, expectations were far too high than results. Fleischman hasn't impressed me all that much but to defend the Wings it's no guarantee they would have selected Mike Green anyways.

Edited by Shoreline