• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Heritage game Pens vs. Caps

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344954

Apologies if this has already been posted. So as usual there is an alumni game between ex-pens and ex-caps. The press release lists some of the guys suiting up for the pens and i'm like,...WTF?

Mario I expected, Francis i'm a little miffed about living in Raleigh, but can't complain as he won two cups there,...

But Trottier and Coffey?

Quick, think Brian Trottier,..what uniform is he wearing,...I mean these days who'd want to be associated with the islanders but sheesh.

Coffey's already played a hertiage game as an oiler hasn't he?

Bill Guerin is listed as one of the ex-pens playing as well. I mean sure they all played for the pens and all won cups with the pens but Washington is screwed.

Seriously though, who plays for the caps? Bondra is already coming, I expect Kolzig to play goal. Oates, joe juneau? Who else? Can't imagine steven's playing in anything but a devils sweater

Is it true that the league announced at the begining of the season that the outdoor game will rotate among all northern cities with each one given the opportunity to play Cindy and the Pens

2011 Washington at Pittsburgh

2012 Pittsburgh at Minnesota

2013 Pittsburgh at Detroit

2014 New York Rangers at Pittsburgh

2015 Pittsburgh at Buffalo

2016 Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh*

* 2016 will be a celebration of all things related to the Pens so the All Star game, the Outdoor Game and the Stanley Cup finals will all be in Pittsburgh. There will also be an HBO Special entitled "The Pens - an NHL Dynasty" The 2016 Outdoor Game will be the current Pens team versus the Pens alumni.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344954

Apologies if this has already been posted. So as usual there is an alumni game between ex-pens and ex-caps. The press release lists some of the guys suiting up for the pens and i'm like,...WTF?

Mario I expected, Francis i'm a little miffed about living in Raleigh, but can't complain as he won two cups there,...

But Trottier and Coffey?

Quick, think Brian Trottier,..what uniform is he wearing,...I mean these days who'd want to be associated with the islanders but sheesh.

Coffey's already played a hertiage game as an oiler hasn't he?

Bill Guerin is listed as one of the ex-pens playing as well. I mean sure they all played for the pens and all won cups with the pens but Washington is screwed.

Seriously though, who plays for the caps? Bondra is already coming, I expect Kolzig to play goal. Oates, joe juneau? Who else? Can't imagine steven's playing in anything but a devils sweater

How could you forget Robert "lazy and sucks" Lang

Edited by chrisdetroit

so the rosters were announced today,.....Jebus, I agree with puckdaddy, why play the game if you already know the outcome,..the pens have like five hall of famers on this mockery of a roster (Gary Roberts? Really Pittsburgh?), The caps have,...Peter Bondra,.. literally thats the only good player there (scott walker and sylvan cote do not count).

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=546556

If I was a caps fan i'd be sending good ol' Ted some emails, this is a mockery of what that game is supposed to be and looks like total penguins propaganda to whip the home team fans into a frenzy. Where the hell are oates, Kolzig, ECT?

not gonna lie, i laughed at the "punch the cancer back into mario" comment. get over it people its a joke!!

as for the game, is it really possible to stack a team? all these guys are 50 years old and washed up. nobody is gonna watch it anyway.