• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

So close and yet so far away, this game.

#42 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

This team has the third most points in the league behind Pittsburgh, which has one more point and played 2 more games, and Philly, which has 6 more points and played 3 more games.

So again I ask, if one of the absolutely most successful teams in the NHL right now disappoints you so much, why do you bother to follow them?

I suggest you try playing a sport on a regular basis. First, you'll realize that even when you're trying your hardest, sometimes you're just not at the top of your game. Things are a little off for some reason.

Second, you might actually have fun. :scared:

Yeah pay me $6mil per year and i will be motivated to give my all every freakin night.

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yeah pay me $6mil per year and i will be motivated to give my all every freakin night.

First, that's not true. You'd get used to that salary and over an 82 game season, there's nights where you just don't have it in you.

Second, you're missing my point. Even when you try your hardest, give it your absolute all, sometimes things are just that bit off. And at the elite level of the sport, the other team is going to make you look bad. That doesn't mean you're not trying your hardest.

#44 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

I don't care what the score is. Just get Ozzie #400.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#45 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Just win and number 400 for Ozzy!

Let's Go Red Wings!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#46 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

The Wings will come out fighting in the 1st period for this one. They want to win this for Ozzie, they all requested that Babcock play Ozzie at home so that he can get #400 at JLA. I just hope they don't over-extend themselves and poop out by the 3rd period.

I think the motivation will be there to win this game. I hope Ozzie doesn't get nervous and make mistakes. I don't think he will, if anything Ozzie plays great under pressure.

#47 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

The Wings will come out fighting in the 1st period for this one. They want to win this for Ozzie, they all requested that Babcock play Ozzie at home so that he can get #400 at JLA. I just hope they don't over-extend themselves and poop out by the 3rd period.

I think the motivation will be there to win this game. I hope Ozzie doesn't get nervous and make mistakes. I don't think he will, if anything Ozzie plays great under pressure.

Exactly. When the Wings are fired up for a game they usually win it and I would expect that they are fired up for Ozzie today. Alot of NHL hockey is psychological. With the Wings, talent is not an issue they have one of the most taented teams in the league. When they lose it's either they aren't playing hard, the are fatigued or they run into some bad luck.

I don't think that the first will be an issue today and they shouldn't be overly tired so unless they run into some bad luck they should win and my guess is that they will also be fired up for Vancouver on Wednesday but we will see.

Go Wings

Pittsburgh-philly game i don't remember, but carey price being the awesome goalie he is stole that game and wouldn't have been a shutout if he had not been in the net, and the tampa game was just absurd but they still won right?

More embarassing are wings losses, 6-4 vs nucks, 5-1 vs atlanta, 5-0 vs kings, 5-2 vs sharks, 4-1 vs stars 4-1 vs hawks etc

You said all 7 of their losses were close games. I pointed out that that was not correct. Now you are making excuses for the ones that were not.
Do or do not. There is no try

#48 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

So ready for a Wings-win tonight!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!
Posted Image

#49 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

No Hudler tonight. THANK YOU.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#50 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Not a Huddie hater here, but I would rather have seen Miller in for this one, as well.

Ozzie, this one's for you. :thumbup:

Babs is just using Hudler as bait. He'll get rocked and we'll get PP's! :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

As always, because the Wings are playing a team with a couple notorious douches, I hope they come out of this game uninjured.

#52 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Should be a damn good game. Hopefully the boys come out making crisp passes and get the puck deep.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#53 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Raycrofts in net, this has to be a W.

#NOMOREKINDL

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

Datsyuk? Never seen him be lazy like that before.

Great scoring chance there! PP Wings!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#55 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

OK boys...PP...score early, score often!!!!

#56 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

PP

#57 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Early PP!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#58 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

MAN!, if Cleary could have gotten his stick on that...

#59 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

I love how Bertuzzi has been absolute s*** the past 10 games yet he gets the PP spot over Filppula.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#60 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

Datsyuk!!!!!!!!