• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Call up Ilari Filppula?

Rate this topic

Actually Tardif wouldn't be bad. They should throw the guy a bone for being down and playing for grand rapids for so long. He has always produced and would actually be a good 13th forward for the wings. Iflip can continue tearing up down there and we get some jam in the lineup that can be happy sitting in the press box

Like I said earlier, for a top six roll I want iFlip, for a prototypical third line red wing I want Mursak, and for the 4th line I want Owens or even Tardiff or someone who plays the energy roll. I guess it all depends on the roll Babcock wants the call-up to be.

He's a good AHL player, but I'd like a guy with more skill to try to pick up some of Datsyuk's slack. Tardiff is a good guy, but he's just a journeyman AHL player. And I know all of you fight slappies will tell me how I'm wrong and what not, but there have been many AHL players to put up a lot of points in the AHL and never be able to transition to a higher league.

Tardif's never had a chance in the NHL, how can you call him a journeyman AHLer when he's never been up for any length of time?

Tardif's never had a chance in the NHL, how can you call him a journeyman AHLer when he's never been up for any length of time?

Isn't that it?

He's spent 5 seasons in the AHL, 5 seasons on the "O". He played for four teams his first year as a pro. He's a journey man AHLer. You're all acting like I said I hated his mother. There are just better players we could call up. I'm not dismissing him because of some hatred for him, I'm dissiming him based on what role the Wings will need. If they want a guy to sit in the pressbox, then sure, why not, but if they want a guy who will play third line (and above) minutes, then he isn't the guy.

Ilari Filppula been playing well in GR, but if the Wings want to give somebody on farm some useful time on the big club, they'll call up on of their better prospects. Ilari Filppula not exactly a spring chicken in his first year in the AHL....I really don't see him as someone with a future in Detroit.

Does anyone in this thread actually think the Wings are going to call someone up for the second line? In these situations the player called up usually starts on the fourth line and then works his way up.

IMO Mursak and/or Tardif deserve the call-up the most and I hope they split the time. I. Flip is also at a disadvantage because of Hudler- the two likely cannot play together because of their slow speed. Mursak fits in with Helm and Eaves well because of his speed, and Tardif is a solid physical forward that likely wouldn't mind sitting some games in exchange for being up with the Wings. Both of these guys have paid their dues in GR.

Isn't that it?

He's spent 5 seasons in the AHL, 5 seasons on the "O". He played for four teams his first year as a pro. He's a journey man AHLer. You're all acting like I said I hated his mother. There are just better players we could call up. I'm not dismissing him because of some hatred for him, I'm dissiming him based on what role the Wings will need. If they want a guy to sit in the pressbox, then sure, why not, but if they want a guy who will play third line (and above) minutes, then he isn't the guy.

Couldn't you say the same about iFlip? Hes a journeyman player, and until last year he was a mediocre SM-liiga player. I would be more open to Jamie Tardif because hes younger and knows the Wings system and the North American style better. I am no fight slappie.. My first choices would be Tatar or Mursk, but iFlip needs to string a couple good seasons along before he ever should be considered a legit top 6 player.

Edited by Shaman464

We're going to need a 13th forward now.

Thread re-opened.

Only if there is another injury and Datsyuk gets put on LTIR, to free up the cash. Wings usual mo is to wait until they have to. Let the guys in GR play instead of sit.

Only if there is another injury and Datsyuk gets put on LTIR, to free up the cash. Wings usual mo is to wait until they have to. Let the guys in GR play instead of sit.

Someone will be called up before Dats returns. There will likely be another (small) injury before then. Also, Draper or Hudler may warrant a game or two off during the next month or so. The Wings will probably wait until that happens though. With Modano on LTIR there should be cash available- I haven't checked to be sure though.