• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

I don't care who gets moved (it's pretty obvious who wouldn't be moved) but it would be nice to see some fresh body in. The team looks kinda banged up and out of sync.

Team is falling apart. Wings need a Big Time Goalie, a mean Defensman and a ligit Sniper... Too bad they cannot afford any of them...

Wouldn't have expected anything else..

Edited by Shoreline, 25 February 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#122 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

I see no trades in our near future.
When (if cause hes not human) lids retires, i think we will see a pretty big overhaul. i doubt we will be able to pick up just one guy to fill the void (who can?). itll be a combo of upgrades obviously need another top 4 dman, and then a big time goalie upgrade would be good to start. then we will see the big time trades.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#123 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

I would sit back, and laugh at Brian Burke. A successful trade deadline once again has come and passed!

Serious note, I just want to move Emmerton and at least one forward in order to be better prepared for next year, allowing Mursak and IFil onto the team.

If there was some way to improve the Defense by doing that... I would. However, there are no names available that are clear cut improvements. I also wouldn't want to move Kindl or Jonathan yet as I want to see how they develop a bit more. Honestly, that just leaves Salei for a minor move or one of our top four. I just can't pick one guy rumored to be available that would be a huge upgrade...

If Weber was available however I would go get him at a huge cost. Including any of the prospects not on the no trade list below... which isn't enticing... Picks... and maybe a few people from the AMAZING!!! list of players that would be available.

Right now though, the list of players I wouldn't trade is just too big.

Teemu
Tatar
Jarnok
Nyquist
Mursak
Smith
Almqvist
Mrazek
Parkes
Maybe even Ferraro and Sheahan

The list of players I would consider available if I were GM from the team.

Bertuzzi
Hudler
Miller
Kindl
Salei

Honestly, there is practically no value there to be had, at least not enough to make a deal come together.

I would add other players if the deal would be a blockbuster win... again I just don't see it.

I guess if I had to pick, it would be to go after Bogosian. I know they want a dman back... So Kindl would have to go back and that is not even close to balanced trade. Maybe if they were willing to take Kindl, Emmerton and a pick... It would be like getting two first round picks both as ready to go now as ever and maybe a pick on top of that. I would even give them Meech (what a nice guy I am) I have to believe Atlanta would find a better deal than that, or just sit on Zack.

That is about the only thing I would be compelled to do as the GM...

Unless of course I could steal Weber. :hehe:

This is all in good humor too, I also expect zero significant movement.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#124 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

I wouldn't move Bertuzzi. He's one of the few players that are showing effort nowadays.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#125 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

I wouldn't move Bertuzzi. He's one of the few players that are showing effort nowadays.

he has a NTC so good luck getting him to waive that.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 25 February 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#126 drumlife19

drumlife19

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Agreed. Why consider moving someone who's been consistent.
"When you have your skate on their throat, don't take it off... You play until the end..."

#127 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Agreed. Why consider moving someone who's been consistent.

Consistent? He is on a hot streak before that he was invisible.