• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Nick Lidstrom: Plus/Minus Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Unless the Wings hand Chicago some ass, it does indeed look like a "-" season. Sucky. :(

his plus streak is ending. I wonder if Babs even dresses him against Chicago Sunday night...

My bet is that that will be decided in San Jose Saturday night. If The Sharks win, we sit a few out Sunday AFTERNOON. If Sharks lose, we try to win. It seems as if they really want that 2nd seed. That, and they would like to play a good game going into the playoffs.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

Where do you get that idea? Especially after last night's game.

Babcock has stated several times, that they want to finish as high as possible in the standings. That home ice advantage is important. That his players mailed it in tonight, means nothing of the wishes of management. If they didn't want to win, they would have rested Datsyuk instead of Draper.

Still gets the Norris. No worries and he will most likely sit 1 of these games I would guess. So hopefully tomorrow is a rout with a +5

I'd love it if he did, but I'm doubting it now. It shouldn't matter, but him finishing with a minus will hurt him. And the Wings are not a good team defensively overall. And they've sort of sputtered at the end of the regular season here. I'd bet it's Chara again. A physical defenseman on an eastern team getting lots of attention. Who knows though, maybe that hit hurt his chances a bit.

They could give it to Nick as a lifetime achievement award, and to make up for the time(s) he should've won it earlier in his career, but didn't get the attention as a European player who doesn't hit hard and doesn't have a booming slapshot.