• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Howard hopes to play Wednesday; no damage done to shoulder

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News,

The Red Wings got good news on goalie Jimmy Howard Sunday.

The MRI on his injured left shoulder came back clean.

“I just was hoping it wasn’t anything serious and it wasn’t,” Howard said. “The MRI came back and it was fine — just a sprain. I dodged a bullet.”

While coach Mike Babcock said Howard’s status would be evaluated daily, Howard said he hopes he can return as soon as Wednesday against St. Louis.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yes. That thread is infested with BS and should be locked. This thread is matter-of-fact providing up-to-date information.

For now.

Guest Heaten

Mack has been playing very well when he had too. Very impressed with him as well. I'm really wanting to see if Howard can elevate his game for this years playoffs.

I'd play Joey Monday and Wednesday and give Howard a little time off anyway. Then play Howard until the last game of the season when Joey gets the start, so at least if the wings don't show up at all the last game (likely) and play a horrible game for the goalie, at least it's not Jimmy who is rattled.

Edited by Z and D for the C

well this is good news. joey mac should get some more starts, no need in rushing howard back. This team is playoff bound anyways, lets let the big dogs some rest.

I agree, no need to rush him back.

I'd play Joey Monday and Wednesday and give Howard a little time off anyway. Then play Howard until the last game of the season when Joey gets the start, so at least if the wings don't show up at all the last game (likely) and play a horrible game for the goalie, at least it's not Jimmy who is rattled.

This. Let's hope the Wings act like a bunch of mother hens around whoever is in goal and actually protect our netminder. I hate it when the D goes pylon in our end. Give J-Ho a rest for a couple of games, that gives J-Mac a chance to shine, and keep an eye on Ozzie ..... he's lurking in the background with an evil little grin on his face.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

FTW........ :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Glad he is okay. I still think J-Mac needs to get some starts under his belt and get some starts in a part of the season where we could seriously use some points.

Congrats Jimmah(!). Shake it off and get some rest!